Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My exclusive just arrived #108. This was the most horrible unboxing I've ever done. The box looked like it was opened up and taped back down again TWICE and the foam was not put back correctly as there was a huge gap in between the foam, heck, even the Sideshow quality sticker was sloppily slapped on the box with additional tape to make stick back on. The whole foam was riddled with black silica balls from a burst bag inside the foam. I took the body out and I was going to immediately return it. It had all kinds of white crap (looked like dry cement) all over the statue. Looks like someone with a dirty hand handled it before putting it in the box, it looked so bad I thought the paint was ruined. I decided to try and clean it up with warm water and a cloth to see if the smudges came off and luckily after an hour of careful cleaning I was able to get the crap off.

Luckily the statue was not damaged, but it took me an hour to clean it up. Sideshow's QC is C.R.A.P. I'm paying for a $400 statue, not a $20 amateurish knock off. I should have taken a photo just to illustrate how bad it was......

The statue itself came out nice though I'm having some issues trying to get the head to sit down properly on the neck after the cape is added, it's just too wobbly for my liking especially since I'm in earthquake country.

My exclusive just arrived #108. This was the most horrible unboxing I've ever done. The box looked like it was opened up and taped back down again TWICE and the foam was not put back correctly as there was a huge gap in between the foam, heck, even the Sideshow quality sticker was sloppily slapped on the box with additional tape to make stick back on. The whole foam was riddled with black silica balls from a burst bag inside the foam. I took the body out and I was going to immediately return it. It had all kinds of white crap (looked like dry cement) all over the statue. Looks like someone with a dirty hand handled it before putting it in the box, it looked so bad I thought the paint was ruined. I decided to try and clean it up with warm water and a cloth to see if the smudges came off and luckily after an hour of careful cleaning I was able to get the crap off.

Luckily the statue was not damaged, but it took me an hour to clean it up. Sideshow's QC is C.R.A.P. I'm paying for a $400 statue, not a $20 amateurish knock off. I should have taken a photo just to illustrate how bad it was......

The statue itself came out nice though I'm having some issues trying to get the head to sit down properly on the neck after the cape is added, it's just too wobbly for my liking especially since I'm in earthquake country.

Sorry to hear that bad news but in the end if you can clean it out now it's perfection again! She is worth in the collection for sure. Great statue! But yes the head is loose on mine as well over the cape. Is it suppose to be like this? Just making sure from other owners. It seems to stick on the magnet a little bit but not fully tight. Is that correct?

Mine arrived with the same issue as well like you, i was able to remove the sticky residue, the box was also opened are taped back again.

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

no , I used warm water and cotton balls, in order to remove to white residue, however it took a while since 80% of the the body was covered with it.

Mine arrived with the same issue as well like you, i was able to remove the sticky residue, the box was also opened are taped back again.

View attachment 197608

View attachment 197609

View attachment 197610

You guys can try calling Sideshow, but since you were both able to clean the statue and there aren't any paint defects I don't know what they'd do for you, though the Wobbly head might get something. At least your statues were in good shape after you cleaned them up but I would make them aware that some factory worker is packing statues uncleaned and with ruptured silica packages.

Let me guess. Get a Magic Eraser and like it?

Hardy har-har, yeah because an entire statue covered in mystery goo = small dirty spot that was easily cleaned.

I'm sure every other one they have is exactly the same way, or at least that's the response I always get from them....

****** thing is that I thought I had this on order from so long ago that I now realize with in hand pics that I never got a notice at all.......damn it all.....lol

I got my Ex in today. From an overall viewpoint, I really like the piece. The shape and pose of the sculpt is great and I really like the look of the portraits. But there are two things with it that are really bothering me. I think I should call SS with them, but thought I'd share and get a bit of a sanity check first (and also see if anyone has any idea what is going on).

1) When unpacking the base, I noticed some weird colors depending on how I held it (light reflecting). When I set it down and took a picture with a flash, some real weird spots showed up. Kindof hard to see from this picture (easiest to see in bottom right of pic), but most of them correspond with the crosses that are in the base pattern (expect the weird block in the back, no idea there). (pic below)

2) Both portraits seem to not notch up totally correctly with the body, but the modern portrait is worse by far. There is a pretty visible seam all the way around the portrait piece with a pretty big gap in certain places. They aren't wobbly, they just don't seem to fit right. I've been trying to find some good production pics of that area to see if they are all like this. (pic below)

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be going on and if this is the type of thing I should check in with SSC on?

base.JPG

modern gap.JPG

I got my Ex in today. From an overall viewpoint, I really like the piece. The shape and pose of the sculpt is great and I really like the look of the portraits. But there are two things with it that are really bothering me. I think I should call SS with them, but thought I'd share and get a bit of a sanity check first (and also see if anyone has any idea what is going on).

1) When unpacking the base, I noticed some weird colors depending on how I held it (light reflecting). When I set it down and took a picture with a flash, some real weird spots showed up. Kindof hard to see from this picture (easiest to see in bottom right of pic), but most of them correspond with the crosses that are in the base pattern (expect the weird block in the back, no idea there). (pic below)

2) Both portraits seem to not notch up totally correctly with the body, but the modern portrait is worse by far. There is a pretty visible seam all the way around the portrait piece with a pretty big gap in certain places. They aren't wobbly, they just don't seem to fit right. I've been trying to find some good production pics of that area to see if they are all like this. (pic below)

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be going on and if this is the type of thing I should check in with SSC on?

View attachment 197673

View attachment 197674

Not sure what the issue is with the base but my head sculpts without the cape on were exactly like your second pic. When you put the cape on then the HS it should look fine.

Back