Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have figured there would be people losing their minds about the price and COH. The new DC PF price point is $399.99--deal with it. WW, CW, and now Batgirl--shouldn't be any surprise. COH is different hair? Get ready for the same thing with Power Girl (guess what, she'll be $399.99 too). In the end, I'm buying it, your buying it, everyone is buying it. Let's just fast-forward to Thursday when everyone posts, "Preordered!"

Personally, I think the lot of you would be foolish not to wait for her to be coupon eligible. Theyre going to make a zillion of her after all. I for one am in no rush to PO anything these days, especially in DC. There, if you wait, she is only $380 which lessens the blow slightly. I swear some people dont use their head sometimes. The same thing will happen with Power Girl. Catwoman Ex and WW Ex took six months to sell out. B-listers wont move faster than that imo. As for Batgirl, she looks nice but very disappointing Ex. Unmasked would have been great.

Personally, I think the lot of you would be foolish not to wait for her to be coupon eligible. Theyre going to make a zillion of her after all. I for one am in no rush to PO anything these days, especially in DC. There, if you wait, she is only $380 which lessens the blow slightly. I swear some people dont use their head sometimes. The same thing will happen with Power Girl. Catwoman Ex and WW Ex took six months to sell out. B-listers wont move faster than that imo. As for Batgirl, she looks nice but very disappointing Ex. Unmasked would have been great.

(The lot of you that care about her price I meant) :)

I shake my head when I sometimes think I paid 299 for a PF back in the day. And people that don't get this hobby at all really think I'm a whack job. :lol It's all too much money when you think about it.

I shake my head when I sometimes think I paid 299 for a PF back in the day. And people that don't get this hobby at all really think I'm a whack job. :lol It's all too much money when you think about it.

The good thing about high ES is people get desperate on ebay to sell and with so many of the same listings of the same PF, these days you can get a $400 PF for well under retail. Just saw Punisher PF go for $280. Baroness for $250. Sometimes flooding the market is good, if you are patient enough to wait for a deal on a PF. That is why I dont get the whole PO rush these days.

I'm not worried about saving $20 on this PF. I buy enough stuff that there's always something I can use the $20 coupon on. I use them on pieces that I think are overpriced but I still want. Batgirl isn't overpriced--$399.99 is the DC PF price now. If SS was asking over $400 I'd say she was overpriced and think about using a coupon later or throw some reward points at her. In regard to the ES, the EX will sell out and there will be people bitching that they didn't get one, even if it did only have a COHair as the EX. If the EX isn't a must-have, then spend the same $399.99 for the reg that will stay in stock forever. I'd rather have the EX since I'll be getting a little more for the same money.

The good thing about high ES is people get desperate on ebay to sell and with so many of the same listings of the same PF, these days you can get a $400 PF for well under retail. Just saw Punisher PF go for $280. Baroness for $250. Sometimes flooding the market is good, if you are patient enough to wait for a deal on a PF. That is why I dont get the whole PO rush these days.

I would rather buy straight from SS so I can return if needed. I did buy one PF on Ebay and it was so stressful thinking about what it would show up to my doorstep looking like. I got lucky and no problems.

I would rather buy straight from SS so I can return if needed. I did buy one PF on Ebay and it was so stressful thinking about what it would show up to my doorstep looking like. I got lucky and no problems.

But there is buyer protection and chargeback if need be. Besides, most people are decent. Most... I get what you mean though.

Exactly. Get it cheaper from the secondary market and hope you get a good one or get it direct and not have to worry about replacement or returns. I've done both and every time I would prefer to go the route with less hassle. Plus, I use the rewards from SS purchases to knock down the prices of other pieces.

still banging on that drum?

But there is buyer protection and chargeback if need be. Besides, most people are decent. Most... I get what you mean though.

Most people are.... I'll take my chances with SS. I'll spend the extra 20,30,40,50 bucks and I can breath easy.

Exactly. Get it cheaper from the secondary market and hope you get a good one or get it direct and not have to worry about replacement or returns. I've done both and every time I would prefer to go the route with less hassle. Plus, I use the rewards from SS purchases to knock down the prices of other pieces.

And if you wait for the item to be coupon eligible you still get rewards so it is sort of like a double discount I suppose. So technically, if one played their cards right, you could pick up Batgirl for $360 with coupon used and points given after purchase (if you get what I mean). Then yes, one could buy direct and still get a great deal. :)

if $20 makes or breaks you, maybe that person should rethink this hobby

Lol... This is actually true for me. 20.00 can be buy or no buy. :D I'm serious it really is.

Hi my good ES friend it's been a while. I always agree with you, but remember
If return a item on eBay, you will lose the shipping cost to return these huge boxes which can run upwards of 100.00.

And if you wait for the item to be coupon eligible you still get rewards so it is sort of like a double discount I suppose. So technically, if one played their cards right, you could pick up Batgirl for $360 with coupon used and points given after purchase (if you get what I mean). Then yes, one could buy direct and still get a great deal. :)

I guess it depends on how much you order. If you order a lot and every month have something to use a coupon on then it becomes a game of using the coupon on the EX piece that will probably sell out first. If you plan on getting a reg of any of the PFs you can wait as long as you want to use the coupon because it's not selling out anytime soon--if ever.

Very wise ^ agree with you 100% on the coupon and EX. Btw is the BG for sale now? I will go to check out what the ex is.

Update: I don't see the BG for sale yet? When is she going on PO and when is the pics up for the full review?

Back