Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd put a small dot of black Shaprie marker on your finger and then really quickly rub it on that spot. I know her outfit isn't solid black but I'm pretty positive it'll work just fine. I did that before with the same kind of small white dot on my Carnage and it looks perfect.

This will definitely work. I've done it many times. Plus, if it doesn't look right, a little hand sanitizer will easily remove the Sharpie without damaging the paint.

I'm still waiting for my exclusive to convert. May or may not happen now that the regular version is sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spidey, gonna be blunt man...that hair probably has to be redone. You have a pretty unnatural flow. Hair is tough. Reference is king...use real world reference. You have some strange breaks on both sides and it looks really lumpy. Not sure how close to done you are but if you were to fix stuff, you would either have to drop down to a lower level and just redo the detail or just start from scratch. Either way, I think it needs a lot of reworking at a lower subdivision. If it were me, I would probably dynamesh as well because it looks like you have some strange edges or geo in the front.

Ehh, I think the wailing and gnashing of teeth with SS has been overblown. They have consistently put out great product with only a handful of exceptions, and even at that, Igo had said they were taking steps to fix that. To me, it looks like he was serious, because they are hitting it at a whole other level now. Just got done spending a few minutes with my Batgirl, and it is a really top notch piece. The faces/eyshadow really came out nice, if anything, I think it looks better than he proto.

That cape is a bit frustrating though to get right around the neck, but since I am not setting mine up and it had to go back in the box, I was only interested in getting a good look at it without playing around with it too much.

I doubt that it is a fake sellout either. It is very nicely done. I would grab one from your LCS or BBTS or whomever still has stock before this one gets hard to find.

One other thing, I think I prefer her look with the Reg portrait hair a touch more.

Ehh, I think the wailing and gnashing of teeth with SS has been overblown. They have consistently put out great product with only a handful of exceptions, and even at that, Igo had said they were taking steps to fix that. To me, it looks like he was serious, because they are hitting it at a whole other level now. Just got done spending a few minutes with my Batgirl, and it is a really top notch piece. The faces/eyshadow really came out nice, if anything, I think it looks better than he proto.

I really hope you're right, but let's give them a few more statues before coming to any conclusions. I personally feel they need to improve their QC drastically. Concept's good, prototype's good, final product not so good. And it's almost always due to some silly blips here and there that ruins everything. Honestly I feel they just need to start from basics and go with a smaller ES, make sure every product shipped out to their customers has no flaws, breaks and whatnot, and then when that culture of good QC kicks in, then maybe start expanding on the ES (because more statues = more money for the company, it's inevitable this will happen). Don't get me wrong though, smaller ES won't solve the problem if these people in charge of QC don't give two ****s about ensuring proper quality, ultimately it's all about striving for perfection in the final product. Just my two cents.

Back