Barbie Collector Batman v Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure thing, AFM.

Here's a pic behind the scenes before I seal the 2 halves together to show what I did to increase the breast size and armor width.

82868755-59c3-44e6-adf3-bfd158cfb70a_zps72aj0smm.jpg

Sure thing, AFM.

Here's a pic behind the scenes before I seal the 2 halves together to show what I did to increase the breast size and armor width.

View attachment 255194

That helps a lot. Very nicely done my friend. Thanks for being willing to share your process. Looking forward to this getting finished. Keep up the great work.

AFM

Thought I would share the pics and recipe of my BvS Batman:

26047999086_a644f02110_k.jpg

26007585601_34cf6886fc_k.jpg

25471333943_a29368d2f0_k.jpg

Lots of trial and especially errors :)

I used an old ACI Andrew body that I previously sculpted muscles on and didn't like how it turned out.
Turns out the Barbie Batman suit is very forgiving of mistakes.
The body seemed too short so I added long ankle pegs which left a gap where between the boots and the legs
Then I put on a rubber muscular legs / waist (with a lot of talcum powder and some cutting).
Lost much of the leg articulation but I was much happier with the results.
Then the bat emblem fell off. Glued it on without fully cutting off the nubs behind it and it left 2 unsightly bumps.
Used an exacto knife to cut of the bumps and give more battle damage to the emblem.
Slipped with the knife and cut the shoulder of the suit. Better the suit than me.
I actually like the bit of battle damage so I added a little red paint behind it.
I sewed the back of the suit and the belt together. Previously tried tape but it didn't hold too well.
Used a 1990's Action Man head with great stubble (doesn't show up that much in the pictures). The square jaw always reminded me of Batman.
Dremmeled down the head to fit into the cowl and then I Michael Keatoned (added black paint around) the eyes.
Widened the mouth area of the cowl to show more jaw. Not movie accurate but I like it.
Used Sideshow Batman hands and painted the knuckles.
Turned the cape inside out and I am done (at least until I get a Hot Toys Batman :)).

Great work amusedjester. I still need to atempt that WW custom :)

DAWN OF JUSTICE BATMAN. 100% finished.

For those wondering THIS IS THE FULL BARBIE SET put to use.
Cowl, gauntlets, boots, suit and belt.

I replaced the generic head I was using with the Affleck Wayne head sculpted by Vimal Kerketta. I had to dremel the hair and reshape the head to fit inside of the cowl and of course paint it.

The body used is a Sideshow Batman body with the mid section resculpted to remove the slim waist effect.

The suit has been weathered to kill the spandex sheen and I painted more details on it.
Gloves are from the DX12
Everything has been weathered to give him a wear look.

IMG_3827_zpswosbcavf.jpg

IMG_3809_zpsushutxcu.jpg

Damn man...I really love the finishing touches. Definitely elevated it more.
The midsection looks much much better. That's was one of the things that I had a hard time overlooking before cause it was more on the skinny side.
Now he looks beefier.
Also love how you futzed the cape. Had to copy that just now. Lol. Looks great Buddy. :yess:

Nice work on the Wonder Woman.

That batman looks awesome. The only thing I would change is the head/cowl. Amazing work.

You know...one of the things I really love about this barbie is the cowl. It's not detailed like the hot toys, but when I watched the movie...twice now...ha ha...the cowl looks huge cause Affleck has a big head.
Seeing the cowl in hand reminds me a lot of how it looks in the movie.

my Only nitpick with the hot toys cowl, as impressive as it looks...is that I hope it doesn't turn out on the small side like the dx12.
Hot toys has a tendency of making heads on the smaller side.

The thing about the Barbie head is that it actually looks like a 1/6 mask and that a 1/6 head is inside of it.

Huh, I never liked the superman barbie but I see the potential now from your work. Are the boots the same material as Batman's boots? The emblem is custom?

Entire boot is soft plastic where batmans is kind of a mix with harder plastic at the bottom.

Emblem... i just printed the mos logo on a sticker and stack a few up to make it look "thicker".

Hope to see more superman mods soon. :)

Nice! thanks. I was disappointed with wonder woman's bracers being hard plastic not like batman's gauntlets and I wanted to make sure of this one.

Finally finished all my barbies(heh) Although there are things that I want to change i.e. ww's face and hair style; I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and will be enough to work as a place holder until HT gets here.
Wonder woman -PHicen stainless steel, very nice articulation and pliability, barbie armor, modified the chest armor, cut out the shoe part of the boots and sculpted new ones (using SSculpey) Usual repaints.
Batman - uses the ttm 20 ht body, the boots and cowl felt too wide for me, I pulled the boots tight and glued the seam together, did the same thing for the cowl, while putting the suit on I applied glue to the front body so the suit hugs the sculpted chest and abs, lessens the movement but a good trade-off.
Mos - of course has the usual mods done.
Camera went kaput so just using my phone camera.
Movie pose:
IMG_20160329_142933404_HDR_zpsweyff6lz.jpg

Phicen flexibility

IMG_20160329_143855708_HDR_zps8mnerxtv.jpg

Forgot the belt, I'll glue and wash it later

IMG_20160329_144900312_HDR_zpsji3jwhdh.jpg

amusedjester, that came out great. She looks so cool. I would love to see more pictures with better lighting. The sculpted boots came out so seamless. Great job.

AFM

Nice poses, spartacus. It's nice seeing these two together. Even though mine are not as accurate just seeing the 3 together is finally just awesome.

AFM - I got my camera charged so I'll try to get better shots. :D

Nice poses, spartacus. It's nice seeing these two together. Even though mine are not as accurate just seeing the 3 together is finally just awesome.

AFM - I got my camera charged so I'll try to get better shots. :D

Thanks, I'll have better pictures up too. Took these with my phone lol

20160331_182842_zpssff4puad.jpg
20160331_182940_zpsfpfjll8h.jpg
20160331_183134_zpsv8ehkhjl.jpg
20160331_183116_zpsykslpme8.jpg

with the exception of supes ,hot toys man of steel on a wrestling figure ,all made with large amounts of mattel stuff lol

Go for the ttm20 or 12inch wrestling body but I think the ttm looks the best

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back