Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt - PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's a good price. if you want enough accessories to have two complete figures then I would say just buy them both. your gonna spend as much getting all the pieces to make the second one.

That main BR Joker sculpt is going for 70+ (not including s&h) on EBay right now so I would say just buy the full figures, piece together what you want and then sell off the pieces you don't want to recoup some of that.

You can get them both off of Ebay now, or for cheaper you could pre-order them somewhere online. They're being imported by DC next week. I'm talking about the Hot Toys Joker's.

that's a good price. if you want enough accessories to have two complete figures then I would say just buy them both. your gonna spend as much getting all the pieces to make the second one.

Wow, you're 100% right. I did a search on eBay and saw a bunch of .99 auction for parts, so I thought it might be cheap. Then I did a search for completed auctions and the head alone ends routinely for $55! :horror

So I guess the question is do I get the regular Joker and buy a Bank Robber head or just get the Bank Robber...decisions decisions! So I guess the big question I have now with all this new info is is one of these rarer than the other? Really, are either of them that rare? Like I mentioned earlier, if it means paying $150 now vs $350 trying to win some "HOT TOYS JOKER RARE SOLD OUT !!!!!!!!!!" eBay auction 3 months from now, I'll pay the $150 now.

To be frank, I'm almost 100% gonna go with the Bank Robber version. I was reluctant to spend $150 on a figure, even if it is extremely high quality. If getting the normal Joker means $150 + $50 or more for a replacement head, then we're just getting crazy.

Believe me man, if you buy one of these figures than you're going to want more. :lol Its like an addiction. If you're really into the character and have the means then I say buy them both. I bought them both and even spent around $70 for a custom nurse Joker.

Believe me man, if you buy one of these figures than you're going to want more. :lol Its like an addiction. If you're really into the character and have the means then I say buy them both. I bought them both and even spent around $70 for a custom nurse Joker.

Don't tempt me! :lol

I understand what you mean, though. My whole thing is even though I really love TDK, I've got a) limited space b) I don't want to be one of those guys with 50 different art displays of single subject matter. Meaning I'd rather have my Bioshock Little Sister figurine, Miracleman statue, Joker Bank Robber figure and Fight Club soap than 4 different Jokers, or even 4 Batman-related things, you know? When I get a house, one of the things I want to build is sort of my own personal geek shrine full of collectibles of my favorite stuff. I don't want that to be filled with variations of the same thing, you know?

And even though I could afford both of these Jokers, that doesn't mean it's easy for me to part with $300 either. :)

Don't tempt me! :lol

I understand what you mean, though. My whole thing is even though I really love TDK, I've got a) limited space b) I don't want to be one of those guys with 50 different art displays of single subject matter. Meaning I'd rather have my Bioshock Little Sister figurine, Miracleman statue, Joker Bank Robber figure and Fight Club soap than 4 different Jokers, or even 4 Batman-related things, you know? When I get a house, one of the things I want to build is sort of my own personal geek shrine full of collectibles of my favorite stuff. I don't want that to be filled with variations of the same thing, you know?

And even though I could afford both of these Jokers, that doesn't mean it's easy for me to part with $300 either. :)

Oh you will be.......................YOU WILL BEEEEE!

I think that the BR Joker isnt rarer, but there was some issue over at DC, so it just takes more time for it to get here. And I heard they are only sending 25% of the total orders to the retailers.

$140-$145 is considered cheap imo. I ordered mine for significantly more... But before you order, just be sure to make sure the site can be trusted!

I think that the BR Joker isnt rarer, but there was some issue over at DC, so it just takes more time for it to get here. And I heard they are only sending 25% of the total orders to the retailers.

$140-$145 is considered cheap imo. I ordered mine for significantly more... But before you order, just be sure to make sure the site can be trusted!

So what are the more reliable sites in the cheaper range? I planned on ordering from statuetoys.com. It's $126 + $12 shipping. I'm new to this whole high-end collectibles market, so I have no idea who is reliable. However, I'm not gonna pay $40 more for "reliable". That's why God invented credit card disputes incase I get screwed. :)

A while back, I there was a post about statue toys about their quality I think, and how the company is new and all that.

To be honest, Im new to this 1/6 stuff too. It depends on how soon you want the figure, cuz Toys2.net already have it instock, but it is $160 there(I ordered from there). There is BigBadToyStore, I think it is $150 there, but like I said above, they won't get all their orders shipped to them, so you might have to wait till May...

EDIT: You might want to take a look at this, https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46504

ohh little does he know...:rotfl
I'm on all the regular releases, nurse custom, Bruce Wayne custom and now a cop Joker...:rotfl

did someone say scarecrow custom?? :lol

Mmmmm Hmmmmm.......... and then a Scarecrows gardener custom, cop Jokers nanny, you get the picture :lol

On a serious note though its like a stimulant, there is NO coming back! :D These things are just too fun and whats wrong with being broke BUT having fun??? :D

So what are the more reliable sites in the cheaper range? I planned on ordering from statuetoys.com. It's $126 + $12 shipping. I'm new to this whole high-end collectibles market, so I have no idea who is reliable. However, I'm not gonna pay $40 more for "reliable". That's why God invented credit card disputes incase I get screwed. :)

I got TDK Batman of the bay from a guy called absolutecomicsandstatues he is really nice and the communication is great!

I was also lucky enough to win one of his BR Jokers off him for 115 + 25 shipping. I also bought the version 1 joker (Purple suit) off him and he's shipping them together for the shipping cost of just one.

I don't know if he would do that for everyone, it's probably because I bought all three figs from him and he cut me a deal on shipping out 2 for the price of one.

Man Jan 7th can't get here fast enough!!

Go to a craft store like Michaels. They have TONS of chains in the jewlery/beads section.

Did you lose the original one?

I never had one, I made the figure using HT parts off of ebay and yes it was almost the same amount as a new figure :banghead

Any other suggestions besides Michaels? Im in NYC and their one location anywhere near me isn't the easiest to get to.

Also, can someone tell me the length and width of the chain so I have some sort of reference.

Thanks!

Hi guys!

My jokers (along with my batmans) :p

Will post the BR individually later!

IMG_5736.jpg

That's a crazy bargain man. I had to pay more than $200 each of mine since there's only a handful of these in Jakarta. And everyone here has been snatching these babies up like hot cakes!

I got TDK Batman of the bay from a guy called absolutecomicsandstatues he is really nice and the communication is great!

I was also lucky enough to win one of his BR Jokers off him for 115 + 25 shipping. I also bought the version 1 joker (Purple suit) off him and he's shipping them together for the shipping cost of just one.

I don't know if he would do that for everyone, it's probably because I bought all three figs from him and he cut me a deal on shipping out 2 for the price of one.

Man Jan 7th can't get here fast enough!!

I have a spare BR Joker to trade if any UK Freak is after one. In the appropriate section.

100_1993.jpg

(Thought I'd post one of my old pics, so I can get away with posting my trade here) ;)

I have a spare BR Joker to trade if any UK Freak is after one. In the appropriate section.

100_1993.jpg

(Thought I'd post one of my old pics, so I can get away with posting my trade here) ;)

DO IT! FINISH HIM! :rotfl

God, I would pay good money to see Gene Wilder dress up like Wonka and beat Depp with a cane Clockwork Orange style.

nothing2.gif

Last edited:
Back