Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt - PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey villainsfan42, I know exactly how you feel. I just got mine in this week too. I've been waiting since October for it and it's finally here. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift, but since it was part of the DC Direct shipment it got delayed. I absolutely love the figure. So I guess I finally have reason to use Chewie and the banana as well:chew :banana

:chew:banana:chew:banana:chew

this figure is awesome!!!!:joy

i just went to the store to look around and pick up a few stuff, and when i saw it, i just said, "F^^^ IT! YOU HAVE TO BUY IT NOW, OR YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER, AND EVER..AND EVER...AND EVER................AND EVER!"

and i have NO regrets...at all

ok...yesterday, i take a trip over to my local collectors store...and guess what they have on the shelf, next to about 5 V1 Jokers?

THE BANK ROBBER JOKER!!!!:banana:chew:banana
:woo

i've been waiting months to buy this, and a little patience held off...and now i have a beautiful bank robber on my shelf, and a new V1 with the BR head!:banana

i am so happy to finally have this! :chew:chew

it's beautiful, and it gives me a chance to use dancing chewie, and the weird banana! :chew:banana

You lucky son of a bich :lol

Hows the trousers, did you get a baggy version or tightly fitted?

you can choose your trousers?

villainsfan42 said:
some of the figures came with more baggy pants while others came with tight pants...caused a lot of people to whine on this thread :lol

Which did people prefer? My BR Joker has loose fitting/baggy pants.. and I'm happy with that.

I think I have the tighter pants, but the looser fit is more screen-accurate. Still haven't messed around with it enough to determine whether the pants are actually different or if it's just the way it's sitting on the figure.

I placed an order with Forbidden Planet in the U.K for a V1 Joker before Christmas and true to form received a letter last week telling me that they would not be getting any more in stock ( surprise , surprise!) . Two days ago , I received ANOTHER letter informing me that they DID have some in stock and mine was now on it's way to me !! RESULT !!:chew

I placed an order with Forbidden Planet in the U.K for a V1 Joker before Christmas and true to form received a letter last week telling me that they would not be getting any more in stock ( surprise , surprise!) . Two days ago , I received ANOTHER letter informing me that they DID have some in stock and mine was now on it's way to me !! RESULT !!:chew
Is that FP.co.uk or FP.com? If it's .co.uk they do sound a bit useless from what I've heard over the past few days, but that's good news you're getting yours now :)

How did I miss the tight pants/loose pants controversy?! I thought I'd been here for all of the ridiculous Hot Toys arguments...perhaps I've suppressed the memories?

How did I miss the tight pants/loose pants controversy?! I thought I'd been here for all of the ridiculous Hot Toys arguments...perhaps I've suppressed the memories?

I do believe after Devil posted his photos, the talk started. Start of the year?

I dont remember that either lol, sounds wacky enough for this forum though :p I reckon the tailoring is perfect on the BR gear, the pants look tops, kind of slung low, but not.

Is that FP.co.uk or FP.com? If it's .co.uk they do sound a bit useless from what I've heard over the past few days, but that's good news you're getting yours now :)[/QUOTE

That's F.P International and for once , their crap online ordering service has worked in my favour . I'd sworn I wouldn't pre-order with them again after I'd ordered the Predator 2 Elder and didn't hear a peep from them for months until I phoned them to find out the status of the order and was informed that they ( the Elders) had been, gone and wouldn't be back . By this time , the Elder was more difficult to get hold of than Lord Lucan ! To say I was disappointed was a little of an understatement. To be honest though , until the Joker lands on my doorstep , I'm trying NOT to get TOO excited!:rolleyes:
( P.s , my B.R Joker has the tight pants ..... And a thong .)

Last edited:
I dont remember that either lol, sounds wacky enough for this forum though :p I reckon the tailoring is perfect on the BR gear, the pants look tops, kind of slung low, but not.

Don't remember that either, and I usually read every post in these HT Batman threads. Maybe I just didn't care though and didn't pay attention to it. :monkey5

Recieved my HT BR Joker from BBTS this week. It is my 3rd 1/6 scale figure, and it lives up to its billing fully. A truly magnificent figure. My other two are the Enterbay Jack Bauer and the Sideshow Indiana Jones (Raiders).

I think I would rate the Jack Bauer headsculpt slightly higher than the BR Joker ... but only slightly. The inset eyes of the Enterbay Bauer take the realism to another level. However, I cannot find anything to complain about on the Joker sculpt.

However, the HT BR Joker and SS Indiana Jones both have far superior accessories. Bauer came with a gun w/ suppressor, watch, flashlight, shoulder bag and holster ... nothing else (no belt, no cell phone, no PDA, no machine gun). Both Indy and Joker have alternate heads, and a TON of accessories.

Overall, I try to choose only the best sculpts of the most iconic characters. With Indy, Bauer and Joker -- I think I chose the right three to start with (though I may accessorize Bauer a bit). I am extremely happy with this figure.

SnakeDoc

Overall, I try to choose only the best sculpts of the most iconic characters. With Indy, Bauer and Joker -- I think I chose the right three to start with (though I may accessorize Bauer a bit). I am extremely happy with this figure.

SnakeDoc[/QUOTE]

you should be... its the poppies choice for best male figure 12-18" in 2008:banana

Recieved my HT BR Joker from BBTS this week. It is my 3rd 1/6 scale figure, and it lives up to its billing fully. A truly magnificent figure. My other two are the Enterbay Jack Bauer and the Sideshow Indiana Jones (Raiders).

I think I would rate the Jack Bauer headsculpt slightly higher than the BR Joker ... but only slightly. The inset eyes of the Enterbay Bauer take the realism to another level. However, I cannot find anything to complain about on the Joker sculpt.

However, the HT BR Joker and SS Indiana Jones both have far superior accessories. Bauer came with a gun w/ suppressor, watch, flashlight, shoulder bag and holster ... nothing else (no belt, no cell phone, no PDA, no machine gun). Both Indy and Joker have alternate heads, and a TON of accessories.

SnakeDoc

Just curious. You getting the MMS DX Joker?

Just curious. You getting the MMS DX Joker?

I have pre-ordered one ... so, probably. I'm happy enough with the BR that I have considered canceling and putting the money toward an Enterbay Tony Almeida (which is hopefully forthcoming).

SnakeDoc

No need for the DX Joker, I'm loving the BR sculp much more than the DX so far...

joker-1.png

joker-2.png

joke-r3.png

Back