BANE - Show Your Customs / Modification / Customization

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more shopped.

Bane2modified.jpg

Great picture Robbie :clap.
I wish you'd show us the tape constructions under there.

Last edited:
WIP Bane with Trialmaster, TT Advance Body is on its way for a more filled out look.
I'll bump my sewer dio as well since it is Bane related. Just finished painting and black washing, so please excuse the wet look, it will be flat a and dry shortly. LOL.:yess:

Should have some multiple versions of him going and the dio up and running soon. (well part of the dio........)

Loving this thread BTW. Full of win!

DSC_0001_zps63ee2e35.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsa3947638.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsb6701b40.jpg

DSC_0021_zpsdc5f9065.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsd95ee775.jpg

https://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r536/hokietwo/BANE%20Sewer%20Dio/photo_zpsf1079deb.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]https://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r536/hokietwo/BANE%20Sewer%20Dio/photo_zpsf1079deb.jpg

image-7_zps8e8345d6.jpeg

image_zpsde83baf8.jpeg

Last edited:
It's a photoshop of the pics he did of the regular body with the trap/chest mod. He basically just photoshopped all the seams off the pic.

Closest you are getting to that look is with the cm toys seamless muscle body.

Anyone with the cm toys body (jokes&bats) are you able to get under the "skin" of it to do a similar mod Robbie did to bulk the traps etc?

It's a photoshop of the pics he did of the regular body with the trap/chest mod. He basically just photoshopped all the seams off the pic.

Anyone with the cm toys body (jokes&bats) are you able to get under the "skin" of it to do a similar mod Robbie did to bulk the traps etc?

Oh ya, I know that. In fact, I mean this

IMG_20130323_214904_787.jpg

Yeah, it's possible. Just got to be careful not to rip the skin. I have bulked his arms up a bit - looks like building his torso and neck/traps area might be my next step. I'll have a go and let you know.

amazing work there on the neck robbie, and from that last pic u post there eventhough its photoshop, its look like the real deal, awesome!! :clap:clap

Thanks guys. I loved the look of the figure with the coat and really that's what sold me on this guy but now I can't bring myself to put the coat on.

Sorry I don't take process pics as I go, mainly because I never know if it will turn out. For those that want to give this a go, you will need to split the seem on the rubber torso, which often means people won't want to do this mod. But if you go that far, the next parts aren't that bad.

I take masking tape and roll it into balz(can't type b-a-l-l-s?) or cylinders, depending on where and what I want it to look like. I put the sticky side out so it sticks to the under structure and also itself. Then I start stacking them on in ways that I think will affect the outside look. When I think I have what I want, I then put a piece over the tape balz sticky side down so that the skin can slide over the whole thing better. I widened the neck but found it was too wide after putting the skin back on. So I shaved the tape down and tried it again. All this is trial and error and basically keep going till you find the look you want.

Tricky part is the plastic under structure is small so there isn't much to tape too. Also handling the rubber skin takes a heavy hand. It isn't made to do what I'm asking it too, so it takes a lot of stretching and pulling. Some may be concerned about the longevity of this for the figure, but for me, this is the fun part.

Finally re gluing the skin to the torso. HT has little plugs that help the skin from riding up under normal use but they are no match for the pressure now being applied to the skin, so gluing is required. Another step in trying to get it to look like I want it to. Pull and glue in the correct position. Then finally closing it up by gluing the side seam.

Done.

Here's my attempt with the CM body. I'm no customiser like Robbie so I can only try my best. Here's the progress so far - his back/traps built up then with his vest on. Probs can look a lot better but I've given up for today.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I gave Robbie's mod a try stuffing the neck and traps and I'm very happy with the results. iPhone pics:

0EFE9342-4CF8-4EF1-A814-232A8421B3B4-2107-000000E5AAAB3E09_zpsb6152a4a.jpg

79BE50A9-5164-4A5A-9A7F-113C120C0562-2107-000000EB2C6C292B_zpsff549f42.jpg

Edit: Looking at it, I think I'm going to stuff the traps just a little bit more. ;)

Last edited:
I'm planning on kitbashing a Stock Exchange Bane using spare parts. Now, I have the trailmaster and a set of black gloves for him to wear. His vest isn't seen under the coat in that scene, so I want to avoid buying it unless I have to. I'll need a pair of Bane pants, combat boots and a head sculpt. Any ideas on the best body to use? If I can't get an official Bane one, that is.

Just get the TTM-20 since the neck scar won't be visible.

Thanks man. I might've gone a bit too dark in the knee are but I'll fix that another day. Very happy with the results!
Here's one more with the vest:

99AF3637-9106-4981-A419-A335635CB868-172-00000010AC58D95F_zps5f700a4e.jpg

And here you can see how the added volume to the neck and traps makes it look more like Hardy's physique in the movie.

B34D5A0F-293C-4242-A87E-22B055DFFD19-172-0000001279FE0508_zpsfc854007.jpg

Thanks to Cobraka22 for the detailed tutorial he sent me in a pm. And thanks to Ecko for the help too, and of course Seb as well!

You guys :rock

Last edited:
Looks great buddy. Are those the pants that don't dye?

I'm currently doing a pair as a commission and the suckk. They won't dye and are really stiff

Back