1/6 Bandai stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a comparison with an HT TFA storm trooper:
2ca34afbb6cee1cb1ad6751e9aa5a40f.jpg

4acf341d19b2e262949029d5f22d41c0.jpg

f25fd05158a4ec7e594c6d1cd894d16c.jpg

b2ae05c96bb8287d3793242a702293c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more:
af84672b2e073631413df1e0d4f72126.jpg

So, the bandai is far more poseable than the HT, and given the massive price difference, I'm really impressed with bandai's work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got one coming, and I can't wait to get it.

To me it looks a lot like the 1/1 'Shepperton' armour sets that you can get from the bloke that did them for ANH. I've studied them in YouTube videos this morning and I think the helmet on the kit is about right. When you see the actual helmets next to actual heads, they are big. The armour is designed for people about 5' 10", so scale that down to 1/6 and what do you have!?

I think it's best to compare stuff to the real thing, and not HT just because everyone thinks they're the bees knees. One thing you wish you could do on the kit, which you cant, would be to flare out the chest armour a bit as it does look a little snug and looks to be what is throwing off the scale of the helmet.

I'll post mine when it gets here.....

I've got one coming, and I can't wait to get it.

To me it looks a lot like the 1/1 'Shepperton' armour sets that you can get from the bloke that did them for ANH. I've studied them in YouTube videos this morning and I think the helmet on the kit is about right. When you see the actual helmets next to actual heads, they are big. The armour is designed for people about 5' 10", so scale that down to 1/6 and what do you have!?

I think it's best to compare stuff to the real thing, and not HT just because everyone thinks they're the bees knees. One thing you wish you could do on the kit, which you cant, would be to flare out the chest armour a bit as it does look a little snug and looks to be what is throwing off the scale of the helmet.

I'll post mine when it gets here.....

Will be interested to see what yours looks like, as I'm about to order one (where did you order from?)

Just wondering if it's possible to use something like foam or fabric to hide the gaps around the shoulder joint

Will be interested to see what yours looks like, as I'm about to order one (where did you order from?)

Just wondering if it's possible to use something like foam or fabric to hide the gaps around the shoulder joint

Depends where you are. I have a retailer local to me that stocks them. I'm not sure about hiding the shoulder joints, it could hinder articulation. The shoulder armour can be futzed to hide the shoulders.

Question: Can you swap sides with the holster or is it only for the right side?

Not sure on that one, all the ones I've seen have been on the right. That said, I'm sure someone said on a YouTube video that the Stormtroopers were left handed.

Looks like they were right:

Hmm, does the kit come with a left handed trigger hand!?

Man, someone needs to teach those Death Star Stormies how to carry a rifle lol

Been wanting one of these Bandai kits for a while.. only $55 on Amazon right now, so tempting!

Man, someone needs to teach those Death Star Stormies how to carry a rifle lol

Been wanting one of these Bandai kits for a while.. only $55 on Amazon right now, so tempting!

Yeah, I was going to skip this release but when I saw the price dip down to $55 with free shipping I bit.
I'm not 100% on the 1/6 Bandai kit, I think the helmet looks a bit weird and too large and the torso looks too narrow but I enjoy building Bandai 1/12 and SW spaceship kits so, what the hell.

I've bought Bandai kits from Japan on Amazon with free shipping before so you can usually expect the 1/6 Stormtrooper to arrive about a month after you place your order, although I've been surprised by some kits that arrive within a week.

Last edited:
Depends where you are. I have a retailer local to me that stocks them. I'm not sure about hiding the shoulder joints, it could hinder articulation. The shoulder armour can be futzed to hide the shoulders.

I'm in London, who stocks them near you?

Yeah, I was going to skip this release but when I saw the price dip down to $55 with free shipping I bit.
I'm not 100% on the 1/6 Bandai kit, I think the helmet looks a bit weird and too large and the torso looks too narrow but I enjoy building Bandai 1/12 and SW spaceship kits so, what the hell.

I've bought Bandai kits from Japan on Amazon with free shipping before so you can usually expect the 1/6 Stormtrooper to arrive about a month after you place your order, although I've been surprised by some kits that arrive within a week.

Yeah man, Im with you on the torso thing. Looks way too narrow. But at 55, it seems like it would be a fun little project! I would probably just bring it to the office for my desk since I already have the HT ANH stormies at home, so not too concerned on how it would look with my collection honestly.

Back