Action Figure Bandai Star Wars Model Kit 1/12 Scale General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Activate Instant Kill

gW4Ousl.jpg

Spending my down time during the pandemic catching up on my backlog. Gonna try and knock out one kit a day. Here's the first

2hGDTnh.jpg

Nice! Mine is still in the box, waiting to be built. Interesting you chose to go with a deleted scene, as opposed to I9's actual appearance in the Yavin hangar. :wink1:

Pandemic backlog build day 3: R4-M9

This was probably the most involved sticker job Bandai has done on one of these kits. They had the foresight to make the stickers VERY thin in comparison to the normal stickers. This lets you hit it with a heat gun/hair dryer and run your finger and nail over all the green so you can press it nicely into the crevices of the kit.

Of course it's still not as good as painting all that green on. And you have to REALLY take your time lining up the stickers even more so than usual. But I think it came out pretty good sticker wise.

gz0aQl3.jpg

I can’t believe they stopped providing waterslide decals. :slap A few coats of MicroSol and a clear coat and they look every bit as good as masking and painting. :dunno

These droids are great :clap I have a bunch of kits in storage (mainly vehicles). I may go and pull a couple to work on. As usual great imagery you?re creating STG, keep?em coming.

Seriously? All the new Bandai kits don?t have the waterslide option or is it just the 1/12 wave?

I can?t believe they stopped providing waterslide decals. :slap A few coats of MicroSol and a clear coat and they look every bit as good as masking and painting. :dunno

These droids are great :clap I have a bunch of kits in storage (mainly vehicles). I may go and pull a couple to work on. As usual great imagery you?re creating STG, keep?em coming.

Seriously? All the new Bandai kits don?t have the waterslide option or is it just the 1/12 wave?

Thank you! The only kit I have left is the new R2 but I'm saving him until I get some paint to do him right. I need to order the Imperial R5 unit though. I LOVE the black they used on these Imp droids. It really needs no paint at all.

Back