balrog vs gandolf dio 25 day notice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of how Gandalf looks, there's no denying the Balrog looks amazing. Also If you look closely at the pics, you can tell that the whip is pretty obviously wrapped around his ankle, so that part doesn't really bother me.

I agree that Gandy is still the problem on this piece :( Both the way he looks and his actual position :dunno

But the rog does look fantastic :rock

I'm convinced that this dio will become gift card eligible. The Fell Beast vs. Eagle is way better, and it's still up for second chance. Still no regrets about canceling.

Just got this e-mail less than a minute ago...

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for 'The Duel of Light and Fire' - Gandalf vs. Balrog Diorama collectible (item #9716) on April 13th. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

yeah jsut got the mailing also. i'm thinking of cancelling since the pics still aren't to great on the site still.
may just wait until the lcs gets him in stock, so i can descide then if i want this or not.

I'm keeping my pre order.:elefant Okay Gandalf isn't great but the rog looks good for what i can see from the pics. And i still don't have a daddy rog especialy not for $2000. So for me this is a good alternative. Yeah he probably doesn't come close to daddy but i have nothing to compare it with. :cool:

Canceled!

I'll wait to see if any "in-hand" pics change my mind, but for now, I wait. Especially with the new RW Dio (MUST HAVE) they just announced...

ive reordered after cancelling a few months back,Gandalf aside its a great looking piece,very brave scene to choose by SS,certainly a lot harder to pull off than say the bridge scene,dynamic and it has the Balrog,thats enough for me!.........but then i am easily pleased:D

I’m going to hold on to my order as well. I may be in the minority, but I think the scene depicted was an inspired choice. The safe route to go was with Gandalf standing up to the Balrog on the bridge. I like that Sideshow chose to think outside of the box for this one and decided to depict Gandalf and the Balrog’s battle as they fell down Khazadum.

I have 42 Sideshow Weta pieces, four of the Sideshow LOTR PFs, five of the Sideshow and LOTR 12” figures, but this will be my first LOTR dio. While Gandalf does look a bit cartoonish as many have stated, I don’t think you can have enough depictions of the Balrog.

As soon as I receive the piece I will try to post some pics.

Not as of yet. I got the notice from Sideshow stating that they would be authorizing credit card orders yesterday, 4/13. I was hoping it would be shipped at the saem time. I got the same notice from Sideshow that they would be authorizing credit card orders for the Hot Toys Mark III iron Man figure on 4/2. I just got the shipping notice for that figure from Sideshow LAST night. Hopefully the delay had to do with receiving shipment from Hot Toys. I'd like to receive this dio sooner rather than later.

Yeah that's definitely an area that SS needs to improve, their shipping times. It just takes too long sometimes for items to ship out.

:bangheadwell i might be able to get ssc to hold onto this for a little longer since now i also have the classic ironman, hellboy pf, and planet hulk dio coming now also.:banghead

Back