Balrog Vs. Gandalf Diorama!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am guessing that the scale is rather small, Gandalf does look somewhat "cartoony," esp the sword. I like it though, most likely a purchase for me.

I like the fluidity of the piece. :clap

Wouldn't it look better if the sword was thrusted into his chest like in the movie? 3:05-3:09. Gandalf is getting some harsh reviews over at statueforum.

Last edited:
Was hoping not to be pulled into the Dio range.Looks promising will wait for more pics to see if the lure is to much.

Me too. I'm not nutting myself over this yet. That may change when we get better pixxx.

Wouldn't it look better if the sword was thrusted into his chest like in the movie? I just wish I remembered what time point in the movie exactly. Gandalf is getting some harsh reviews over at statueforum.

Of the 50+ posts over there, only two guys are critizing it. I guess when you said some, you meant two :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Of the 50+ posts over there, only two guys are critizing it. I guess when you said some, you meant two :rolleyes:

More like 3, but yeah, it was really late and I only checked the last page.

This will look cool.....in bronze.

Oh my yes! :drool

Hmmm, so it isn't that small then? I need to see this up close (tomorrow) to make up my mind - the sword still looks kinda wonky to me, I thought that would be due to scale. :confused:

Initial impression is "Awesome"!

Upon further review, I'm curious about Gandalf as well.

As "several" have previously mentioned in this thread, I would have preferred the Kazadum (sp) bridge scene better but this one is pretty cool in it's own way.

Definitely need to see additional pics. Looking forward to Scott's Backstage Pass video the most.

Just saw this...looks great!!! It looks like he is falling onto some rocks and may have a similar base as the fellbeast vs. eagle dio ?? I can't wait to see more and I hope it's huge...:monkey5

Another smash hit by Pablo Viggiano. First the FB dio, then the moria orc PF, and now this one. This guy is one awesome sculptor. :rock

Pablo has confirmed this piece is huge. Gandalf is about 2" in height for those interested.

Finally, the one dio I've been waiting for! It will be my second dio (had to get Fell Beast/Eagle). All I need to know now is when I can order it!

Now it they'll just do a Prologue Elven Warrior PF I'll be REALLY happy!

I haven't gotten a dio yet due to the lack of detail at this scale. This might be the first exception to the rule.......but for me the whole piece will depend on how GtG looks in more pics.

It depicts such a pivitol moment in the trilogy I hope it is good.

:rotflLooks pretty good but is the end of the whip actually stuck in Gandalf's butt?

He's got a rocket under there, or pass'd some bad gas.

Wish pablo would have used scene 3:06 for the sculpt.

Back