Balrog Vs. Gandalf Diorama!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still do! :D
All apart from the daddy rog and cave troll. Determined to get them one day though to complete the collection.

Nice. It got to the point I was buying pieces I knew I didn't want to get there. Honestly, I still have a few I wouldn't mind getting rid of that I don't have listed but there are a couple I wouldn't mind getting back too. That being said my SSW collection is really at a point where I'm happy with it and you toss in SS offerings which have really put my LOTR collection in a place I feel finished.

balrog_lsb5.jpg

gandalf_the_white_pf4.jpg

great pics, man that lsb looks great, and i don't know why alot of people have a hate on for gandolf, i think his likeness is pretty darn close imo. i guess you can't please everyone.

might have to pic up the lsb to go with big daddy and the gg vs bal dio. if i keep it on order after see on hand picks

I don't like the Balrog in bust form. He's one of those creatures where the full body should be displayed/seen.

It's a tradeoff since if you want the kind of detail you get with the LSB, it makes the piece too large to have anything put a small part of the Balrog. I do wish that they had included a bit more of him so it didn't look quite as much like just a head, although if you look at it from other angles, there's quite a bit there. I also have the NECA pewter Balrog, which is pretty nice, and the giant NECA barog figure, but I'm starting to be tempted by this dio as well.

balrog_lsb3.jpg

They should have lit him up like the prototype. It would have been an instant sell out...

Still a cool bust, I own it, but I'd be lying if I said I havent thought about "gutting" him to make him light-up... :naughty :monkey3

They're both worth getting, although Aragorn is definitely more popular than GTW. I had my doubts about Gandalf before getting him, but when I got a deal on a new one for $150 shipped, I decided to try it and he's really grown on me. The likeness is actually very good in person, and the clothes are nice too.

They're both worth getting, although Aragorn is definitely more popular than GTW. I had my doubts about Gandalf before getting him, but when I got a deal on a new one for $150 shipped, I decided to try it and he's really grown on me. The likeness is actually very good in person, and the clothes are nice too.

thanks cruise i might have to look into them after i finish paying off my moria orc and berserker PF's.

Anyone think this will still ship in March? Nothing about it coming within the next 30 days in last night's newsletter.

I'm one of those people hoping that it's delayed a little bit. I found one of my "grail" pieces - the Vampyre 1:1 SSE Bust - and now my wallet needs some time to recover. Then again, I guess I could switch it over to Flexpay - decisions, decisions!

I agree. Daddy Rog is way out of my price range, and this is a great piece that showcases the whole Balrog. The detail looks remarkable.

I agree. Daddy Rog is way out of my price range, and this is a great piece that showcases the whole Balrog. The detail looks remarkable.

words of a genious! i would love a daddy rog but come to late to the game, so i have a baby rog sitting on some rocks. but this piece is going to look bad ass next to the fellbeast vs. eagle dio.

Sorry to bump this but for Spookstacular today they have the diorama at 25% off.

I grabbed one :yess: and there's only 1 left so make it snappy :hi5:

I think I sold mine for less than this still on eBay last year. I imagine if you can find one that's an actual auction you get grab one for less than 200 dollars, of course it won't be brand new. Only 1 left too!

I think I sold mine for less than this still on eBay last year. I imagine if you can find one that's an actual auction you get grab one for less than 200 dollars, of course it won't be brand new. Only 1 left too!

I checked ebay before buying it and with shipping they all end up around $300.

Plus that way I'm entered in the $150 gift card raffle :)

Back