Balrog Vs. Gandalf Diorama!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm liking the look of the Balrog but Gandalf really does look "Cartoonish" but we will see when we get more pics etc

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm not so sure. Is Gandalf the Luke Skywalker of the LotR lines. This is the 5th dio and already the 2nd Gandalf. I don't doubt the quality of this piece but the cartoonyness of Gandalf also has me not dying to order this. Also, I'm a little on the Balrog overload side. I don't have the original but I have the baby rog, the GG Bust and the LS Bust so that may be enough Balrogs for me. But you gotta take my opinion with a grain of salt as I'm not a big fan of the dio line. I'm a PF guy. :rolleyes: :D

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm not so sure. Is Gandalf the Luke Skywalker of the LotR lines. This is the 5th dio and already the 2nd Gandalf. I don't doubt the quality of this piece but the cartoonyness of Gandalf also has me not dying to order this. Also, I'm a little on the Balrog overload side. I don't have the original but I have the baby rog, the GG Bust and the LS Bust so that may be enough Balrogs for me. But you gotta take my opinion with a grain of salt as I'm not a big fan of the dio line. I'm a PF guy. :rolleyes: :D

you're right i missed out on the daddy rog, but i have the baby rog and the GG bust also. this piece to me is like getting a daddy rog i missed out on... you see what i'm saying?:D

Definately,while its a great scene and pivotal moment I think I've had of Balrog's and Gandalf's for the time being...plus I agree with GTG looking a little 'cartoony', more pics would be good to check but from this pic he definately does IMO.
x :D

Here is a capture from the 360

balrog.jpg

Not to pick nits or anything but I don't think the Balrog had the whip in his hand when they were falling and fighting. :monkey3

Gandalf looks stylized, I guess most would say 'cartoony'. But it's detailed and recognizable (especially in the portrait). He's not as small as most people might think-- the piece is fairly large as a whole.

Gandalf's umbilical cord has turned to FIRE!!! :horror:lol

Seriously, it kind of looks like it's coming out of Gandalf in a bad way. This piece would look insanely good without him.

Back