Balrog Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tomandshell said:
What could be bigger than the Balrog?

Big is a relative word. On the SS page, it says think big

but big as opposed to what? Morgul lord or Cave Troll. If it is bigger than Cave troll, than it shouldn't be a fell beast because fell beast is not bigger than cave troll as I remember.

So leaves us with treebeard and balrog in this case and I am willing to buy both of them

Right--did he mean that the character was big as it appeared in the movie, or that the finished bust would be big? I guess the statement could go either way...

Hmm, it seems the point of my post was missed - but that's cool... I was actually referring to the beginning of the interview, rather than the end.

Isn't there an existing Balrog bust that was a kit like The Cave Troll legendary bust was originally, so if Sideshow does one, most likely won't it be the same as that one.

There is, his head was mounted on a plaque. It was also by Steve West, who did the Cave Troll bust.

The first thing I noted was that the beginning of the interview was headed:

"Burning Questions"

I think that is a very good clue.

DonnamiraTook said:
The first thing I noted was that the beginning of the interview was headed:

"Burning Questions"

I think that is a very good clue.

I think we're reading a little too much into that. But 'BIG' is a relative word. It certainly makes sense to be a Balrog. I wonder how much of a Balrog we'd get. I'm assuming it'd just be the head.

Treebeard may be another one that I would be seriously tempted to get.

Darth Loki said:
I think we're reading a little too much into that. But 'BIG' is a relative word. It certainly makes sense to be a Balrog. I wonder how much of a Balrog we'd get. I'm assuming it'd just be the head.

Treebeard may be another one that I would be seriously tempted to get.
I don't see the point of doing a treebeard bust. The weta one is huge and pretty much perfect.

I hope it's Treebeard. I never bought the WETA bust, so a legendary scale would make a nice alternative.

choopie said:
I hope it's Treebeard. I never bought the WETA bust, so a legendary scale would make a nice alternative.
If they do it, it better be bigger than the weta one.

IF it is the Balrog, I'd bet it's this one.....indeed sculpted by Herr West.

steve4.jpg

So the guy that sculpted the Cave Troll bust which was later turned into a Sideshow product, and who is currently working with Sideshow on other projects, sculpted that?

:cool:

Any shots of that thing all painted?

I just hope it lights up like the GG bust. :lol

I hope that the thing isn't TOO big. I hope they'd keep it near the size of the Morgul Lord and Cave Troll one. I'm guessing if it's around that size, they probly put on a tag of about $300-350 I'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back