Bah....any tech computer gurus out there?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isculpt

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got infected with Paladin antivirus and have nooo idea how to remove it. I already removed it from the control panel but it still pops up. I don't know how to remove the dlls or registry keys. Plz help!:eek:

I tried accessing that website but it always goes to firefox not being able to find the server.....this is annoying as hell.

I did that, keeps redirecting me to google or server not loading page when i click on the links. I will try this avast.

Negative. I haven't been to any unfamiliar sites or anything, which is confusing me.

Maybe try another antivirus program. You have to remove your previous antivirus program first. I see someone suggest Avast. If you have no luck try AVG.

Thank you for the help guys, it seems clear now, but im still having problems accessing some sites. Im doing a final scan to see if there still is anything left.

Thank you for the help guys, it seems clear now, but im still having problems accessing some sites. Im doing a final scan to see if there still is anything left.

I'd delete your cookies and temp files as well.

Maybe try booting in safe mode (with network capability) and then try to go to whatever site you need to go.

Well I'm on a different pc now. Tried everything and took 5 hours outta my time. I give up and will probably have someone else fix it. Thanks again for the suggestions but it seems this one got the best of me.

How'd it get infected to begin with? You keep your virus definitions up to date? Keep updates refreshed and scan for malware?

I assume you're running Windows... if so, check your hosts file... many virus like to rewrite that file. Basically, it is a list of web sites with their IP addresses, so no DNS server is needed to reach them. If a virus rewrites the file with entries for common web sites like Google, MSN, Yahoo, etc., you could type in a legitimate URL in your browser and end up at a fake site, or a drive-by download page, etc.

Do a search for "hosts" without the quotes (and no extension) and once you find it, open it up and take a look; normally it will only have one or two entries. Be aware that some anti-virus/anti-malware programs (like Spybot S&D) will add a ton of entries to the hosts file... they add entries for known bad web sites (virus, malware, spyware, etc.) and redirect them so you can never accidentally go to those sites, so if you have a bunch of entries, it may or may not be the issue.

Proceed at your own risk...

Negative. I haven't been to any unfamiliar sites or anything, which is confusing me.

Are you on IE? You could have got it just by surfing either google or yahoo? My friend caught the thing on Monday, on yahoo just by doing a search. Seems to have gotten alot of people.

Back