Bagels' 360 = red rings of death

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the Pro used to have the smaller drive and no HDMI but I thought they gave it an overhaul recently and made it the same as the Elite, just white.

the newer 360's do have HDMI out. you can tell by checking the sticker with the SKU. it will say FALCON somewhere on it.

but they still come with the standard 20 gig HD and not the 120 that the Elite has.

I knew Microsoft were a bunch of rascists...

once you go black you never go back. no built in HD drive, yes to the HDMI cable, and yes to the bigger hard drive.
~~on a side note its funny how PS3 fans love to bash the three rings of death, but how could a PS3 overheat when its mostly used to watch movies??? and for the money you spend why can't they at least throw in component cables?? if the PS3 is future of hi def, why bother shipping them with 20+ year old RCA cables???

once you go black you never go back. no built in HD drive, yes to the HDMI cable, and yes to the bigger hard drive.
~~on a side note its funny how PS3 fans love to bash the three rings of death, but how could a PS3 overheat when its mostly used to watch movies??? and for the money you spend why can't they at least throw in component cables?? if the PS3 is future of hi def, why bother shipping them with 20+ year old RCA cables???

:rock :rock :rock

Exactly!!!!

And don't get me wrong, I like my PS3 a lot. It's a good gaming console... just not as user friendly yet as the 360.

What cracks me up in the PS3 thread is that we're perceived as 360 fanboys when we say the slightest thing, good or bad, about the PS3.

And btw every body, my new 360 is definitely quieter, and weighs about 1 1/2 pound less than the launch 360 system. (this is without hard drive on both).

:rock

Exactly!!!!

And don't get me wrong, I like my PS3 a lot. It's a good gaming console... just not as user friendly yet as the 360.

What cracks me up in the PS3 thread is that we're perceived as 360 fanboys when we say the slightest thing, good or bad, about the PS3.

And btw every body, my new 360 is definitely quieter, and weighs about 1 1/2 pound less than the launch 360 system. (this is without hard drive on both).

i know, God forbid you have the slightest complaint about the PS3.:rolleyes:

i know, God forbid you have the slightest complaint about the PS3.:rolleyes:

yup...i use my PS3 more than my 360 so i don't know why most people consider me a hater. i have both systems linked to my laptop so i can watch my "movies" on the big screen. the PS3 just happened to be easier to configure than the 360.

And a new controller. It's the same disign as the the old one and it feels like cheap plastic. The 360 controller is perfect for gaming:rock:rock:rock

Exactly!!!!

Sounds like i might have to upgrade soon :D

Today during the third Temple of Doom level on Indy Lego, the circle of death appeared on my 360.

Seems that the Elites are not immune to the famous RROD either :(

From N4G, linking to https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topst...ll-for-xbox-red-ring-of-death-89520-20634547/

£500m bill for Xbox red ring of death

Computer giants Microsoft are facing a £500million repair bill after their Xbox Elite consoles were hit by the notorious "red ring of death".

The console was originally thought to be immune from the problem, which permanently freezes the unit after a ring of green lights on the power control button turn red.

Now, hundreds of angry owners are sending back their £290 consoles, which are being shipped to Germany for repair. But the fault remains a mystery. Jamie King, 16, from Gomshall, Surrey, said: "I got my Xbox in September and it packed up eight months later in June.

"First, it kept freezing, then it developed the red ring of death."

In a statement, Microsoft simply said: "The majority of Xbox 360 owners enjoy a great experience with their console.

"Anyone with a problem should call Xbox customer service."

Last year, the company had to recall 230,000 Xbox steering wheels worldwide after complaints that they overheated.

And it spent £500million recalling power cords supplied with units made before 2003 after 300 caught fire and burnt seven gamers.

12m Xboxes have been sold since 2005

33% Xboxes will overheat say experts

230k steering wheels were recalled in 07

Well done Microsoft. It's good to know that to find a solution you go ahead and create another problem :rock

The only ones that might be immune are the Jaspers that start shipping in September (65nm ATI Chip).

I think that number is incorrect, they are saying 1 billion US dollars? And thats just for the Elite? Wait that has to be the worst written article ever.

Back