Bag End Environment - from Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bagend2.jpg

Very nice piece overall. Truly iconic if I don't say so myself. The price for the regular is really quite fair considering its on par with the last few enviros from the SSW line, but the price on the Ex is a bit much for me personally even if you get added rooms. Like I said though a nice job by Weta.

Wow 112, you almost hit 111 an iconic number for Bag end! :clap

Well, we don't have to wonder what happened to the magic #111 Of the Collectors' Edition anymore. It was auctioned off yesterday on eBay by a seller from Sun Valley Idaho and our lucky winner paid $600.

Don't tell me people won't pay quite a few bucks to get that "special" number hidden underneath a base :lol :dunno.

Truly great pics Lotr Fan! I love this environment, so iconic and detailed. Homerun for weta! Worth every penny. Can't wait for rivendell.

Well, we don't have to wonder what happened to the magic #111 Of the Collectors' Edition anymore. It was auctioned off yesterday on eBay by a seller from Sun Valley Idaho and our lucky winner paid $600.

Don't tell me people won't pay quite a few bucks to get that "special" number hidden underneath a base :lol :dunno.

I think the winning bidder actually did pretty good. I would have expected for it to have gone higher still.

Thats just nuts. This piece is really great though the exclusive IMO is $100 too much. I would not pay that much for this piece though. Maybe if it was a Bilbo statue then I would consider it but not an environment.

The wierd world of collecting! :cuckoo:

Just shows that an edition number can mean something or nothing to some people. 111 for the party tree and Bag End is a nice little 'addition' THE Hobbiton piece, but I'm happy with whatever number I get (but would have loved to score that one at cost :lol).

Nice sale on the piece (the seller has bought another BE) and congrats to the buyer who obviously loves thier LOTR lore :clap

Mine should be arriving soon :wink1:

After seeing Chuck's pics I canceled my pre-order for the CE and opted for the open edition instead. Too much stuff coming in and not enough funds to hash out. I used all of the Weta dollars I accumulated, so I only had to pay $25 for the piece. I might still try to get the CE down the road if it's still available and the price is right. I'm just happy to finally have Bag End.

Nice job Blu! Great way to still grab one for the collection even when $$$ is a bit tight.

I'm still keeping my CE version, but I would totally would have gone this route if I needed to as well. Can't wait for a BRAND NEW (sculpted in 2010) environment for the LOTR collection!!! :rock :rock :rock

Nice job Blu! Great way to still grab one for the collection even when $$$ is a bit tight.

I'm still keeping my CE version, but I would totally would have gone this route if I needed to as well. Can't wait for a BRAND NEW (sculpted in 2010) environment for the LOTR collection!!! :rock :rock :rock

Absolutely. The interior option is really something special, but not really a necessity if you're only interested in displaying the front side of Bag End. And I actually prefer the look of the main door closed in the front. The casual observer won't know the interior is even there unless you point it out or turn the display around. If I do end up with the CE I plan to display both versions side-by-side so the interior and exterior can be viewed simultaneously. However, I'm not really in a hurry to do so at this point in time. My latest acquisition, due to arrive in late November, will surely be my most expensive custom grail piece to date: a newborn baby girl with an ES of 1.

Absolutely. The interior option is really something special, but not really a necessity if you're only interested in displaying the front side of Bag End. And I actually prefer the look of the main door closed in the front. The casual observer won't know the interior is even there unless you point it out or turn the display around. If I do end up with the CE I plan to display both versions side-by-side so the interior and exterior can be viewed simultaneously. However, I'm not really in a hurry to do so at this point in time. My latest acquisition, due to arrive in late November, will surely be my most expensive custom grail piece to date: a newborn baby girl with an ES of 1.

Oh, please. You're just limiting the edition size intentionally to create demand.

:lol Best of luck, I wish you a very smooth road to your new acquisition's arrival. :duff

I totally agree with your opinion on the CE vs. the OE. I prefer the look of the closed door, too. I wouldn't mind the CE but I think the regular is stellar and the price difference is considerable for a piece of this nature.

C'mon, how can you not want to see the inside of a Hobbits hole? :monkey3

It's homely! Bag End is about home, a safe place to come back to at the end of the journey, and the interior is synonymous with this. You can just imagine walking back into the front porch, hanging up your cloak, wandering through to the kitchen to make a cup of tea then settling down in your favourite armchair infront of the fire. aaah!

I got my CE Bag End today and it is awesome! Great detail. I have always loved these miniature environments and it is so good to see them back!

Back