Bag End Environment - from Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome display! :clap

...other than Faramir since it wasn't made by the people that did the movie. :p ;) :D

:lol I couldn't place it, but I think you're right Frank. Faramir seems to lack the life and meaning that can only come from the original SSW pieces. That aura which can only be created by : a]. the artists who actually worked on the movies b]. artists who never actually worked on the movies, but now work for Weta or c]. artists who don't work for Weta, and never worked on the movies, but dream of someday working for Weta.....seems to be missing :monkey3

:lol I couldn't place it, but I think you're right Frank. Faramir seems to lack the life and meaning that can only come from the original SSW pieces.

I've never said that. I collect Tolkien collectibles from all companies and individuals, and i like the fact that Weta were involved in some of them. Where's the harm in that?
I've had enough and this has now got to stop.

Got my Collector's Edition yesterday! #30 of 1,111. Not bad. AMAZING piece. The detail is EXTRAORDINARY, and it's GREAT to see these enviros back with an ALL NEW sculpt. Can't wait for more. These pieces are terrific! :rock

The CE is a must. The only thing I don't like is the lawn under the tree, it looks fake and glossy, everything else is incredibly detailed. The rear views are amazing.

The CE is a must. The only thing I don't like is the lawn under the tree, it looks fake and glossy, everything else is incredibly detailed. The rear views are amazing.

That does seem to be the most obvious downer on a great piece, but the rest of the detail carries it beyond this 'blobby' hill top. It looks great positioned in between Minas Tirith and Barad Dur (both DM versions as they are bigger) :wave

Last edited:
Sure looks great.
Seeing the statues makes me want to continue collecting.
Taking a break and selling most :(

So I have been eyeing this piece for a while now, but have yet to pull the trigger! At $125 for the OE, it's a great price for such an iconic place. My question to those who own it: Is it a bit small in comparison to other LOTR collectables? I guess I am specifically thinking of the new maquette line, as I was thinking I could display this with the eventual hobbits. Or, would the environment be better off displayed on its own? I bought the "Disturber of the Peace" print from Weta recently, and thought these two would look great together. Oh, one more question. Open edition means exactly that, right? If I choose to wait a while on ordering this, it should be available at Weta? I know, the answer is probably "yes," but wanted to clarify to be sure!

Well, it's not 30+cm tall like Aragon, but at the same time it's not just some small little environment. The foot print is a good 30cm and given that Hobbits are short, even in 1/6th scale, it should all work well together.
And yes, open edition, they keep on making them. While there maybe some short term stock sell outs, it would just mean waiting another month or two for more to arrive. So yeah, you can wait it out and pick it up whenever you want.

i really hate the way weta does trees, if they improve upon that and make more realistic trees as oppose to just a blob of green sculpt i would ordered the bag end and the new orthanc, oh wellz

Back