BadMoon's Fortress of Solitude

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your collection and display are superb! I love the black shelving myself. I have some I am currently using only for binders and such, but I want to invest in taller ones for such a display. I prefer black to glass myself.
Great stuff! I am honored to have work in there too! :D

Thanks Les! If you like the shelves you can get them at Walmart for about $29.99 a piece. Not a bad deal if you ask me. :cool:

Dude, yours is one of the classiest, best looking shelving displays and collections around. Fantastic!

But no Boromir?

Yeah I still need him. I was going to get out of the line and then I forgot to cancel Faramir. So with the announcement of the hobbits I guess I need to pick him back up. Thanks for the compliments as well. :cool:

love the danbury mint barad-dur and minis tirith. classy set up. You need to set up the Thundercats....Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight !!!!!

as many have said a most excellent set up..........and i totally agree with the color black. black sets off most any kind of collectible.......why?........not sure but one reason may be is its such a basic color that anything in front of it just kinda pops out at you. when you take a first look at it kind of makes you overlook what its sitting on and concentrate on the fig or whatever it is first. then if your like me.....you look at the display system itself second. i personally make all my shelving cuz im such a cheap s.o.b. but i always paint it black. & once again....damn fine job on the gammy !!! :chew

as many have said a most excellent set up..........and i totally agree with the color black. black sets off most any kind of collectible.......why?........not sure but one reason may be is its such a basic color that anything in front of it just kinda pops out at you. when you take a first look at it kind of makes you overlook what its sitting on and concentrate on the fig or whatever it is first. then if your like me.....you look at the display system itself second. i personally make all my shelving cuz im such a cheap s.o.b. but i always paint it black. & once again....damn fine job on the gammy !!! :chew

Thanks man! I can't wait to show off the DEAD! :cool:

Very nice BadMoon...............I sure as hell can't wait to have my own collectible room one day...............I'm jealous man! :D

Love it!

My dead have finally arrived!

S7300067.jpg

My dead have finally arrived!

S7300067.jpg

Nice..but I've got to ask-- I thought I bought the same black shelves that you've got but I can't get the SS boxes to go in the uppermost shelf like yours-- are they different or did you do some magic drillin' to get it to work?

Did you pre-order the Shaun of the Dead figs?... I've got them coming but I know they'd look great posed with the Dead line (of which I'm afraid I don't collect).

Nice..but I've got to ask-- I thought I bought the same black shelves that you've got but I can't get the SS boxes to go in the uppermost shelf like yours-- are they different or did you do some magic drillin' to get it to work?

Did you pre-order the Shaun of the Dead figs?... I've got them coming but I know they'd look great posed with the Dead line (of which I'm afraid I don't collect).

No plans on the Shaun figures. I wasn't a big fan of the movie. :eek:

I also sent you a PM about the shelves. I think they may have been put together wrong.

I have had to pack up some smaller figures to make room for some bigger better ones.

Christmas haul! Thanks my loving and caring wife. :cool:

S7300001.jpg

Them set up. All except Hicks. He is getting the Les treatment. :cool: I can't wait for that! Props to my mom though for the Rambo figure. :cool:

S7300007-1.jpg

S7300008-2.jpg

S7300009-1.jpg

S7300010-1.jpg

S7300014-1.jpg

So many people broke them I decided to let it go. Just like Indy and the grail. I just had to let it go! :lol

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?... Do you mean you've read about other collectors accidentally breaking them or do you mean that people actually broke yours while handling your collection? (that last part sounded dirty:monkey3):rotfl

I just remember reading that alot of people broker theirs. I guess they are each twist tied and easily broken. So I decided to wait until I make my final move. That way they are only messed with once.

I just remember reading that alot of people broker theirs. I guess they are each twist tied and easily broken. So I decided to wait until I make my final move. That way they are only messed with once.

Ah... I see.
Well, they are tricky to get out with the twisties but if you're careful it's not really an issue; however, if you're going to be moving them around again in a major move then yeah, I'd keep them boxed up until they're at their final home to ensure their safety.:D

I think I'll move mine next to Ben (now that he's arrived)-- I like the ANH vibe it gives... same with how I posed my Leia in cuffs with my Medi Vader and Stormy.

Back