!!! Bad !!! Michael jackson from hot toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think leading off with Joker has given the wrong impression with the line. Now we expect basically 2 full figures, but HT didn't seem to have intended it to be like that.

I'm still convinced HT was going to make a Cop Joker first and then decided to redo the classic outfit and then just combined the two in one package for fear of poor Cop Joker sales. But I don't think we'll ever know the real reason.

Actually we know, they ALWAYS intended it to be a combo: Clown Joker and Cop Joker. Before the set was ever seen HT sent out those bags with the Cop Joker jacket material AND the purple Clown Joker overcoat material. Again, before any pics of the set were ever released. So HT always intended that release to be a 2 in 1 set.

With the DX 02 release, there wasn't a second body but there was a crap load of accessories. You got a second head (Sonar) with a LED feature, the back pack + sticky gun, two utility belts AND leaky abs!!! :lol Nah I'm playing. But seriously.. DX 03 MJ Bad compared to the first 2 releases is VERY light on accessories. That's just the truth.

I still don't think they've gotten the perfect MJ likeness yet on any of their figures, but this one is definitely the best likeness so far! BAD MJ was not my favorite, but this figure looks really nice seeing the high rez shots. Definitely very tempting....!

I hate to admit it but, i kind of want this figure now..though its not a priority.This looks 100x better then Thriller but, its from a time when MJ was not as cool anymore lol.

as what i wrote on HT site... MJ Bad only considered DX status in my eyes is when HT include the red jacket dude for us to do the knife fight scene... lol

The second outfit should have been Smooth Criminal. Dirty Diana is a bit of a let down imo. Still a must buy though..

I hate to admit it but, i kind of want this figure now..though its not a priority.This looks 100x better then Thriller but, its from a time when MJ was not as cool anymore lol.

What are you talking about?

Bad was still the time of Black Jackson.

During this time he gave us 'Bad', 'Smooth Criminal' and Captain EO'.

:chew

You're thinking of Dangerous. That's when he wasn't cool anymore. That was the album with 'Black or White' and 'In the Closet' :(
It's also around the time of Neverland Ranch, Pain Killer addiction and _____.

Dibujosss-4.jpg

Dibujosssss-2.jpg

img_5505a_600x800.jpg

img_6175a_600x800.jpg

img_6991a_600x800.jpg

Indulge in Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson is forever in our heart. Paying tribute to the King of Pop, the most successful and influential entertainer of all time, we are proud to present the Michael Jackson's collectible figure again, this time depicting his image in his popular hit Bad's music video in 1987.

This fine collectible is one of the M ICON DX series, highlighting Hot Toys' exclusively invented Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS), newly developed head sculpt and multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture. All these combined real-like features would bring him back to life!

Another highlight is the one-of-his-kind costume. This full set of Bad version costume is highly-detailed, showcasing not only the outfits, but also the accessories such as buckled belts and riveted gloves. Again value-added, this deluxe set is complimentary with a set of upper outfit portraying his Dirty Diana music video image in 1988.

Stage is essential for superstar. A square-shaped deluxe figure stand with LED lights which imitates the stage effects is equipped for his great performance. Together with his nameplate and the M ICON DX series title, it is also a great collectible!

Thrilled about this 1/6th scale Michael Jackson (Bad Version) collectible figure?� Photo previews (1), (2) and (3) are available! Pre-order now!

wow that's pretty incredible right there :bow

20100224_4bbc75e234090697fe1d4PAch5zdm5zi.jpg

I won't be buying this (well, I'm not buying ANYTHING at the moment sadly) but as much as I always loved this look in the video, and the BAD album is really really great... I just can't get into collecting every different look MJ did, it'd cost a fortune :rotfl

Plus I don't like him *that* much to want multiple figures. I'll just resculpt the thriller head and be done with that I think.

This is an amazing looking figure though. Great sculpt (mayyyybe slightly too tall in the head... maybe) but the outfit, boots, belts... just everything looks great. I'm happy for the people who are getting this and will enjoy it :rock

(this is why I never get when people get angry that something isnt what they want.... I'm always HAPPY when it's something I dont want, as that means somebody else is getting something THEY want. And what's wrong with that?) :peace

What are you talking about?

Bad was still the time of Black Jackson.

During this time he gave us 'Bad', 'Smooth Criminal' and Captain EO'.

:chew

You're thinking of Dangerous. That's when he wasn't cool anymore. That was the album with 'Black or White' and 'In the Closet' :(
It's also around the time of Neverland Ranch, Pain Killer addiction and _____.

Well he was just about black.
He had already changed his features, and his "Skin condition" had started to take affect.
If anything, this is the time everybody was saying he was trying to look like Diana Ross.

BAD is a great album and he was at the Top of his game during this time, because his Live shows were amazing.

I don't get this 'He looks Asian' comments, I just don't see that at all. The figure looks like MJ, the Artist that sculpted the head deserves to be praised, not knocked for what they have done.

The eyes...the eyes....

Manga MJ. He looks like an asian MJ impersonator.

nooooooo......

You think the eyes look Asian: We get it already. How many posts do you plan to make in each thread to restate this simple point?

You think the eyes look Asian: We get it already. How many posts do you plan to make in each thread to restate this simple point?

jeeze, give me a break snarky. How many threads about the same thing can we have?. Thought folk around here used to be friendly?. We currently have two threads covering the same topic and I posted my views in both. Get over it. Why do you feel the need to be so rude? Oh I get it, it's an MJ thing, don't question anything got to do with the king of pop?!. I notice 98% of your posts are MJ related. Thats ok, each to their own, just learn to be a bit more mannered, or just don't bother talking to me, thanks.
:duh

if you don't like my opinion, just ignore it.
moving on..

I think it's an amazing figure, but it has it's faults:
1. I won't mention again to keep Annika happy.
2. I don't see how this is a DX figure. There was more in the Thriller package.
3. No microphone?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back