Awesone Korean custom by Vancei of ANAKIN SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20070323181844872.jpg

ap_jackson_thriller_405.jpg

:lol:lol:rotfl You totally read my mind! I was just about to post a MJ comparison pic myself. Seems like he may have overrefined the face on this version... kinda like what happened to Michael :lol

I never liked this custom. The face is really nice but the hair throws it off for me. I agree the most of hype that surrounds this figure is incredible. Most overrated by far.

Its the hair and the lips for me. The lips look too big and too dark. The hair... well come on Anakin was never THAT greasey.

Thats funny... the images up of the figure have been pulled of the postings. Not sure if that was from here or the maker?

Ya know,I talked to this guy Vancei a couple of times last year trying to buy this thing,but to no avail.He will not sell it to anyone outside of Korea and everyone of these he makes are spoken for. I would also think that it would cost more than 500 bucks. He was supposed to be working on Obi Wan this year,but I guess he can't get past Anakin.I personally think version two is the best. I personally think the hair is awesome and very well done for the scale,alot better and realistic than just sculpted plastic. Version 2

vanceianakin04or3.jpg

vanceianakin08fk0.jpg

vanceianakin09389x292fr5.jpg

The best shot of version 3 I have seen.It looks like the pic of Anakin off of the front of the Ep. 3 dvd:

dscn16271jpghv5.jpg

Most over-rated?! You gotta be kidding me?! Can you say "Patient Zero". Now that piece o' crap is over-rated. :D

Eric

That is a terrific figure. You've got to give the guy credit for making everything from scratch (if I'm not mistaken?). The hair does look a bit too matted (but I must imagine styling real hair at that scale must be a royal pain) and the lips are a bit big/features getting a bit too pronounced in some areas (you can especially see this in the profile views). But overall, pretty incredible.:D

I have to admitt at first glance I thought this was a real person with makeup on. Upon further inspection I see it is Anakin in 1/6 scale. Price aside, this is an amazing figure.

I would love to see a James Bond or Indiana Jones rendered in this style. But, I wouldn't want to see the price tag...

I forgot to mention that I really like the hand sculpts for this figure... they are much more dramatic than we usually see. Definitely a cool ass figure... but one I never have to worry about trying to own :lol

Amazing piece, he put a lot of effort in the frontal view, but in profile the figure looks nothing like Anakin, the hair of the second version looks cooler, jut a thought.

I still say the only cool thing about this Anakin is the magnets on the boots... Thats it..... :lecture

If that's classified as a piece of crap, I don't know what you can call some of Sideshow's 1/6 offerings(Han Solo, Princess Leia, Mace Windu) that look nothing like the real life characters.

If that's classified as a piece of crap, I don't know what you can call some of Sideshow's 1/6 offerings(Han Solo, Princess Leia, Mace Windu) that look nothing like the real life characters.

By piece of crap I only meant piece of doo-doo. ;)

The hair is terrible. The sculpt is good, but it is not the all mighty wonder-kin some of you seem to think it is.

I'll take my Anakin sculpted by Darren and painted by Josh any day of the week over that.

By piece of crap I only meant piece of doo-doo. ;)

The hair is terrible. The sculpt is good, but it is not the all mighty wonder-kin some of you seem to think it is.

I'll take my Anakin sculpted by Darren and painted by Josh any day of the week over that.

it is all a matter of taste... i think it is an absolute work of brilliance! it pushes the envelope of the man dolly that so many seem pacified with.

Last edited:
Back