AwesOme SUPERMAN STATUE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like this. Why is Supes busting out of the phone booth before he's removed the Clark costume? So much for his alter-ego. Is this based on something else? :lol

The dude doesnt even really need to be in a telephone booth, its all windows anyway...why not just rip your suite off and glasses on the sidewalk..its in metropolis, not like anyone is starring at him in a sea of pedestrians..they would just be like "Superman just ripped off a cheap suite and flew away"

Exactly, the problem isn't that he's leaving the phonebooth before he's completely suited up, the problem is that the phonebooth provides very little concealment in the first place. The way I'm looking at this statue is that it's a moment frozen in time when he's in superspeed. To human eyes, at this instant, he's just the "Red-Blue blur" (to use a Smallville reference) so it doesn't matter if they're looking at him, they can't make out what's going on anyway.

The problem with the interpretation that he's at superspeed at that moment is still the destruction of the phone booth...even at superspeed, he's supposed to have a little more control. Plus if he's sending large glass shards exploding out in every direction at high speed in that moment, let's just say he won't have any human witnesses to worry about for long. ;)

It still looks very cool.

Exactly, the problem isn't that he's leaving the phonebooth before he's completely suited up, the problem is that the phonebooth provides very little concealment in the first place. The way I'm looking at this statue is that it's a moment frozen in time when he's in superspeed. To human eyes, at this instant, he's just the "Red-Blue blur" (to use a Smallville reference) so it doesn't matter if they're looking at him, they can't make out what's going on anyway.

The problem with the interpretation that he's at superspeed at that moment is still the destruction of the phone booth...even at superspeed, he's supposed to have a little more control. Plus if he's sending large glass shards exploding out in every direction at high speed in that moment, let's just say he won't have any human witnesses to worry about for long. ;)

:slap WAAAAAY too much over analyzing of this piece going on here. It is bad ass regardless and it just looks amazing. There is no knocking this one.

It is also important to note that the old phone booths had a lot less glass in them , unlike the later ones which are practically all glass. The older phone booths might have offered adequate concealment at certain angles, but then when they had Superman change into costume in later years, they had him change in the new virtually completely transparent booths, just for the sake of tradition, which didn't make sense anymore.

This forum does not support the sale or purchase of bootleg statues. Any links or posts discussing the sale of this item will be deleted.

how is this classified as a bootleg, i thought this might come under custom creations

That looks great. I've never seen #50 of Batman Supes before. He did a nice job based on the reference.

Back