Average household income of collectors?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your HOUSEHOLD income (please note with kids option)

• less than $50,000, no kids

Votes: 67 28.0%
  • less than $50,000, have kids

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • $50,000-$75,000, no kids

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • $50,000-$75,000, have kids

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • $75,000-$100,000, no kids

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • $75,000-$100,000, have kids

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • $100,000-$125,000, no kids

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • $100,000-$125,000, have kids

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • $125,000 - $200,000

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • over $200,000

Votes: 21 8.8%

• Total voters
Bs. The real rich May get some tax breaks but for the most part themore you make the more you pay. That's the way the tax system works.

It's not bs, the more you make the more you pay only applies to the 9-5 full time working class. Most high income comes from investment where the tax rate is capped at 15% Also municipal bonds income pays 0% federal/state tax where almost all high income owns to avoid taxes. Also if you are a consultant you setup LLCs and can deduct tax for everything from buying a car to plane tix.

The system is designed to keep the top 1% maintain their wealth while keep the low mid income working until they die with 25-35% taxes, after all if everyone is savvy enough to apply those tax loops the whole system will collapse.

In this country you need to be either in the top few percent or the bottom where the welfare state kicks in - have no money no job but have tons of kids, get us to pay for it and use the food stamps to buy lobsters in the supermarket...

Anyone in the middle working the 9-5 is screwed for life unless the person really take the initiative to breakout of the system, but most are lazy clueless or both, so the hamster maze is kept and order maintained.

Yes BS. You think the people who responded to the poll who make between 125000 and 200000 have all these tax loopholes? Many of them are typical blue collar or white collar workers who are the 9-5 full time working class. If someone can't take the initiative to better themselves then that is on them, not the system.

Yes BS. You think the people who responded to the poll who make between 125000 and 200000 have all these tax loopholes? Many of them are typical blue collar or white collar workers who are the 9-5 full time working class. If someone can't take the initiative to better themselves then that is on them, not the system.

:clap:clap:clap

Let me understand this, are most people figuring in 125-200k by themselves or is it the husband and wife both. (Cause that makes a huge difference). I know household income is husband and wife however it would be interesting to see how many "individuals" are in that space cause the same numbers will skyrocket if they were to marry an earning spouse.

Long story short, 125-200k for a household is great money and for an individual is a **** load of money!!!...

Let me understand this, are most people figuring in 125-200k by themselves or is it the husband and wife both. (Cause that makes a huge difference). I know household income is husband and wife however it would be interesting to see how many "individuals" are in that space cause the same numbers will skyrocket if they were to marry an earning spouse.

Long story short, 125-200k for a household is great money and for an individual is a **** load of money!!!...
What difference does it make? Are you in any way implying that someone who may make 125000 a year is making too much? Your one post sure implies that is what you are saying.

Last edited:
Cause if an individual (collector) makes 125-200K thats a hell of a lot of collectables! :lol

.... if it's together thats only half the collectables. ;)

This is a funny thread.

What difference does it make? Are you in any way implying that someone who may make 125000 a year is making too much? Your one post sure implies that is what you are saying.

Ofcourse i am saying that. I am not saying anything wrong with it. But dont you think in the world of an average household income of 50 odd k if one individual makes 125k + its quite a lot. However if the statistic in the 125-200 bracket are from household income with 2 earning members the numbers suddenly look different is all i am saying and that we wont know cause the poll does not indicate that and probably should have had an individual income angle too! ...

You see data is how you dissect it and how you dissect it makes all the difference.

Ofcourse i am saying that. I am not saying anything wrong with it. But dont you think in the world of an average household income of 50 odd k if one individual makes 125k + its quite a lot. However if the statistic in the 125-200 bracket are from household income with 2 earning members the numbers suddenly look different is all i am saying and that we wont know cause the poll does not indicate that and probably should have had an individual income angle too! ...

You see data is how you dissect it and how you dissect it makes all the difference.
How in one sentence can you say it's wrong for someone to make 125 K a year and in the next say that there's nothing wrong with it? This income inequality stuff, which you seem to be alluding to is BS. If you think in your life that you aren't making enough money then you do something about it. You don't bring down the person who has pursued an education or learned a trade so that they can make a better living then the norm. I am a blue collar worker. A machinist. Far from some glamorous job. I started in my late teens on the ground floor of the trade making a little more then minimum wage at the time. I'm in my mid forties now. Learned what I needed to learn, took some specific classes. Now I make a decent living. Don't tell me that a person stocking shelves at Wal-Mart or a burger flipper at McDonalds should be making what I do or that my pay should be cut so they are more in line with each other.

My god people. Are all of you hearing what your saying no wonder hot toys n the other companies are raising the prices on this things like there is no tomorrow. if everyone is saying that they make or showing off what they make. If i like something i buy it thats why i work long hrs. 6 days a wk. N many of the pcs. Have to be in payment plans.

My god people. Are all of you hearing what your saying no wonder hot toys n the other companies are raising the prices on this things like there is no tomorrow. if everyone is saying that they make or showing off what they make. If i like something i buy it thats why i work long hrs. 6 days a wk. N many of the pcs. Have to be in payment plans.
Hot Toys doesn't notice what people make. What Hot Toys notices is that their product keeps selling out. As long as their product keeps selling they will continue to charge what they can. If collecters would stop buying the product Hot Toys would either lower their prices or go out of business. It's funny that some of you that I'm have a discussion with probably have a much better collection than I do. Last Hot Toys I bought was Ghost Rider. It was the last figure they released that I thought justified the price. I would love to have The Avengers figures but they reached a point where I wouldn't buy. If a lot more people would do this you would be amazed at how quick the prices would fall.

you hit your head someplace? All i am saying is it would be interesting to see in that 125-200k bracket how many are single and earning that much as "household" income and how many are "spouses" with joint income.

As for your advise that I should do something to make more money - i hate to spoil your fun but I am a Bachelors of Eng in mechanical and an MBA with over 13 years of experience. dont fart all over the place. In spite of my education i am grounded enough to understand the pain a shelf stocking person goes through in his or her life and that no job is small or meant to be looked down on. We are what our experiences are and pls thank destiny / god / or whatever you believe in that gave you an opportunity to become what you are. Some are not very fortunate so dare not make stupid comments like what you just did.

as far as burger flippers - am sure they speak better than you even if they are in their 20s - possibly have a much better iq and an outlook towards life than what you have.

dont ever - ever insult a profession no matter what that job profile is... especially when you worked your way up. Things can always go the other way - you know. no matter how much anyone makes, these toys are expensive and no matter what jobs people are in - i, you and everyone must feel a sense of pride for them, cause they are at least getting out there and fighting a good fight unlike you, who have "arrived someplace" so a burger flipper or a walmart shelf stocker is suddenly a nobody!

How in one sentence can you say it's wrong for someone to make 125 K a year and in the next say that there's nothing wrong with it? This income inequality stuff, which you seem to be alluding to is BS. If you think in your life that you aren't making enough money then you do something about it. You don't bring down the person who has pursued an education or learned a trade so that they can make a better living then the norm. I am a blue collar worker. A machinist. Far from some glamorous job. I started in my late teens on the ground floor of the trade making a little more then minimum wage at the time. I'm in my mid forties now. Learned what I needed to learn, took some specific classes. Now I make a decent living. Don't tell me that a person stocking shelves at Wal-Mart or a burger flipper at McDonalds should be making what I do or that my pay should be cut so they are more in line with each other.

you hit your head someplace? All i am saying is it would be interesting to see in that 125-200k bracket how many are single and earning that much as "household" income and how many are "spouses" with joint income.

As for your advise that I should do something to make more money - i hate to spoil your fun but I am a Bachelors of Eng in mechanical and an MBA with over 13 years of experience. dont fart all over the place. In spite of my education i am grounded enough to understand the pain a shelf stocking person goes through in his or her life and that no job is small or meant to be looked down on. We are what our experiences are and pls thank destiny / god / or whatever you believe in that gave you an opportunity to become what you are. Some are not very fortunate so dare not make stupid comments like what you just did.

as far as burger flippers - am sure they speak better than you even if they are in their 20s - possibly have a much better iq and an outlook towards life than what you have.

dont ever - ever insult a profession no matter what that job profile is... especially when you worked your way up. Things can always go the other way - you know. no matter how much anyone makes, these toys are expensive and no matter what jobs people are in - i, you and everyone must feel a sense of pride for them, cause they are at least getting out there and fighting a good fight unlike you, who have "arrived someplace" so a burger flipper or a walmart shelf stocker is suddenly a nobody!
Why yes as a matter of fact in my job I do smack my head every now and then. That has nothing to do with the fact that you seem to think that certain people make too much money. In this post you blame people making higher incomes for Hot Toys raising their prices. "Close to 35 pct people make more than 100000 ... Whoops.... No wonder hot toys keep raising the prices... Thats double the general average income range". In another post you admit that, in your opinion, people make too much money. When I asked if you thought if someone made 125000 a year if it was too much you said "Ofcourse i am saying that". Who are you to decide if someone makes too much money? With the degrees and experience you have I would guess that you must be up there on the pay scale. How much of your salary do you donate so that you make it fair for everyone?

As far as how I "speak". I'm a simple HS graduate. I would think with the fancy degree that you have that you would be able to put a much more coherent response together than I do. By looking at what you posted I guess I am wrong.

Lastly, why don't you show me where I insulted anyone? I stated the true fact that a person stocking shelves or flipping burgers shouldn't be making what a college educated person or a tradesman should be making. What is false about that and how is it disrespectful? I didn't say they were peons or beneath me did I? I said that if they want to make more money then they are going to have to do something about it.

ETA I keep going back to your post. LOLS it's funny. No where did I post that a Wal-Mart worker or burger flipper is beneath me. What I posted is the truth. Don't like it too bad. Not impressed with your bold print either. I will post what I want on this forum. If site staff or mods want to edit my post then they will do so but Iwill not censor myself because of the likes of you.

Last edited:
and...... i am bored! ... i am off to a walmart ;)

Why yes as a matter of fact in my job I do smack my head every now and then. That has nothing to do with the fact that you seem to think that certain people make too much money. In this post you blame people making higher incomes for Hot Toys raising their prices. "Close to 35 pct people make more than 100000 ... Whoops.... No wonder hot toys keep raising the prices... Thats double the general average income range". In another post you admit that, in your opinion, people make too much money. When I asked if you thought if someone made 125000 a year if it was too much you said "Ofcourse i am saying that". Who are you to decide if someone makes too much money? With the degrees and experience you have I would guess that you must be up there on the pay scale. How much of your salary do you donate so that you make it fair for everyone?

As far as how I "speak". I'm a simple HS graduate. I would think with the fancy degree that you have that you would be able to put a much more coherent response together than I do. By looking at what you posted I guess I am wrong.

Lastly, why don't you show me where I insulted anyone? I stated the true fact that a person stocking shelves or flipping burgers shouldn't be making what a college educated person or a tradesman should be making. What is false about that and how is it disrespectful? I didn't say they were peons or beneath me did I? I said that if they want to make more money then they are going to have to do something about it.

ETA I keep going back to your post. LOLS it's funny. No where did I post that a Wal-Mart worker or burger flipper is beneath me. What I posted is the truth. Don't like it too bad. Not impressed with your bold print either. I will post what I want on this forum. If site staff or mods want to edit my post then they will do so but Iwill not censor myself because of the likes of you.

Hit on the Head? Did I take a wrong turn and Hit the NBC News Forums?
If people just want to argue there is good, A political avatar with the finger ???, There you go plenty on there to argue with, NBC NEWS forum Style!

Last edited:
Back