Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex did reply to his 'everyone should smash it (LSF) with a hammer before returning' :lol

I still think this way. Once again If sideshow does not care how they send me a statue why should i care how i send it back? also if its smashed they can go after UPS for damages to the statue saving them money. after all the defective statues are insured by the plant in china. ( I contacted some because i am considering opening my own company. Problem is profit margins at the start are not high enough to entice financial backers. ) Sideshow can send back every defective statue for a full refund.

So after all the half scale statues they are out $700 + for shipping to and from. but got refunded the production cost of 3 of the statues.

And once again if they do not take pride in there work then why should i even care how i return the statue. at least i will save it from being sent out to another collector.

I can appreciate your frustration, but can't agree with that. 2 wrongs don't make a right...if you know what I mean.

Considering that no business is under and obligation to sell to you, I don't believe a letter to the BBB will do much. They didn't steal your money or force you to keep something you didn't want. Sucks that you aren't happy with this but you also are clearly difficult to deal with. :)

Once you start projecting your emotions onto others you become impossible to please. I've met people from sideshow. They take pride in what they do.

Considering that no business is under and obligation to sell to you, I don't believe a letter to the BBB will do much. They didn't steal your money or force you to keep something you didn't want. Sucks that you aren't happy with this but you also are clearly difficult to deal with. :)

Once you start projecting your emotions onto others you become impossible to please. I've met people from sideshow. They take pride in what they do.

So not accepting a broken statue is now considered "difficult" to deal with? Is it to much to ask for that when i spend 2000 on a statue that it should come flawless. you sound just like sideshow always passing the blame onto the customer when in reality its there own damn fault.

So not accepting a broken statue is now considered "difficult" to deal with? Is it to much to ask for that when i spend 2000 on a statue that it should come flawless. you sound just like sideshow always passing the blame onto the customer when in reality its there own damn fault.

Couple things...

A- I thought we were talking about this bust?
B- I'm not sure exactly what you're story is
C- In calling you difficult I am drawing from how you speak about them, projecting intentions and you not only suggesting, but defending the logic behind smashing the statue beyond repair and shipping it back to them that way
D- Nothing is flawless in this world, but no, you should not accept a broken statue
E- They also can't offer endless replacements. At some point it's reasonable for them to cut ties and say this isn't working out, just as it is reasonable for you to do the same.

If you're not sure what his experience (story) is, you're probably better off not passing judgement.

Just sayin'.

That's fair. Which is why I was passing judgment on his suggesting to break statues and ship them back and saying things like "they don't take pride in what they do", specifically. It's a general attitude I've seen from him and others and my opinion is that when you project opinions like that onto other people, whether it be about this or anything in life really, you are difficult to deal with because you assume anyone you are dealing with is guiding their actions based upon how it makes you feel about their actions. But ultimately you're right, I don't know the full story, so I'll stop commenting on it further.

That's fair. Which is why I was passing judgment on his suggesting to break statues and ship them back and saying things like "they don't take pride in what they do", specifically. It's a general attitude I've seen from him and others and my opinion is that when you project opinions like that onto other people, whether it be about this or anything in life really, you are difficult to deal with because you assume anyone you are dealing with is guiding their actions based upon how it makes you feel about their actions. But ultimately you're right, I don't know the full story, so I'll stop commenting on it further.

If you're not sure what his experience (story) is, you're probably better off not passing judgement.

Just sayin'.

Wise words my friends :clap

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416802255.604307.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416802267.658807.jpg

That looks great bonedaddy. Can't be upset with that! The red eye is a little funky but the paint looks pretty great on yours. I do really like this bust and still may pick it up one day. Hopefully it ends up on heavy discounts at some point at sideshow :)

So, my first time ordering at Sideshow collectible, the Iron Man they sent me had defects...So they ended up sending me a new head but the lights didn't work properly. Then they sent me another head & saying that its the best one left they can send for a replacement. This one was the worst of all the heads. I now have a choice of either keeping one of the heads & get $80 credit or return the whole thing. I actually really like the bust but man i dont want a defective statue & sideshow cant do anything else for me.

This is the last head i got, do you guys think this acceptable? Am i being too picky? Im new to collecting but $800+ is a lot of money to spend for me & would want it to be at least no defective.

ironmanbusted.jpg

That blows, three of them and can't get a good one. It all depends on if you can be happy with it at the end of the day.

im more disappointed, wish they could have at least gave me a discount instead of credit. Never returned anything before, especially something this big, do i have to buy my own packing materials to make sure it gets safe to them? I have to return 2 heads, ammo pack, & full bust.

send it back. It looks awful. The shipping cost is entirely their responsibility. Just put it back in the boxes they gave you. They will give you labels for each of them.

Back