Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was pretty clear to everyone that this bust wasn't movie accurate. It's not the first time either. The mark III bust has the EXACT same flaw. It's missing the same black, suit mechanisms that are seen in the movie. Check it out:

View attachment 117861

View attachment 117859

I would like to know what is going on. Are they taking creative liberties or are these bust being made like this because the Legacy molds (that they claim they use) are actually missing the same details? I mean, it is likely that the movie would add things to the armor after the bust was created.

Still, one flex payment left and I'm still not complete sold on this bust.

so confused whether i should keep my order or not?? for this kind of product better sideshow will refund NRD too

For those who have this bust on pre order...more bad news :( looks like it will be the same **** and bull story of sending these busts in split shipments so some may recieve this in July and some as late as a month later if the Superman PF is anything to go by.

Here is the email response from Sideshow:

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department and for your interest in our products.

I can advise that your order is fine. Unfortunately we are receiving the Iron Man Mark VII Life Size Bust (item #400190) in shipments. Please know that we will be in contact with you via email once we know when your order will be processed.

I thought the story was that these are made with Legacy Effects, and thus cast from studio molds. That woukd mean these would be accurate only to practical props,which would not match up to the CG suits. The same for the Mark III, both the bust and the half scale figure. Accurate to the studio maquettes, but not necessarily what is seen on film.

Indeed you are Frobay! Congrats brother...the bust looks amazing! Been looking at your pics all day in fact :love :lol

However, I remember another lucky collector recieving his MKVII bust abt a month ago! WTF?! :dunno Sideshow certainly work in mysterious ways
9ave4u9e.jpg

va5a5upa.jpg

yqubazyb.jpg

e2umymet.jpg

What is the model kit behind your iron man bust please?

After seeing the wrong collar pictures today I went ahead and canceled this and the T2 PF I had on preorder. (T2 for other reasons) I will try and go with the new IM Maquettes coming out. Hopefully they do not get some of the details wrong and are not delayed for 2 years.

I thought the story was that these are made with Legacy Effects, and thus cast from studio molds. That woukd mean these would be accurate only to practical props,which would not match up to the CG suits. The same for the Mark III, both the bust and the half scale figure. Accurate to the studio maquettes, but not necessarily what is seen on film.

I agree, while the CG one in the movie looks better IMO (especially the AR), Sideshow appears to have the mark vii right. NECA has a great 1/4 figure, released a year or so ago and is spot on with the bust... https://necaonline.com/38051/produc...e/avengers-14th-scale-figure-iron-man-case-2/

Also check the iron man 3 movie poster - check out the dude (mark vii) on the far right... https://storiesbywilliams.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/iron-man-3-official-hd.jpg

I am keepin' mine :hi5:

just received an email from Sideshow that we should be expecting the next batch to be sent out shortly, so for some of us, expect to receive a processing email soon...those who don't receive an email will no doubt be getting theirs during the next batch (whenever that is!) :dunno :impatient:

I agree, while the CG one in the movie looks better IMO (especially the AR), Sideshow appears to have the mark vii right. NECA has a great 1/4 figure, released a year or so ago and is spot on with the bust... https://necaonline.com/38051/produc...e/avengers-14th-scale-figure-iron-man-case-2/

Also check the iron man 3 movie poster - check out the dude (mark vii) on the far right... https://storiesbywilliams.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/iron-man-3-official-hd.jpg

I am keepin' mine :hi5:

So there are two Mark VII suits, right? because in Iron Man 3 is like that but in Avengers isn't.

Is weird, right?

I received my Life Sized Bust yesterday. After waiting 2 years for this to be delivered, I couldn't believe the light up feature wasn't working. I've tried everything to get it going and have tried out several different plugs from other Sideshow figures and it still doesn't work. These plugs all work and light up my other figures so I know the fault is in the bust and not the plug. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Has anyone else who has received their bust had a similar problem? I did read the head was quite hard to click in (the light up connection for the eyes is attached to the helmet) but I've pushed it on as hard as I can without overdue force in case of damaging the bust.
I'm actually happy with the bust itself after concerns over the amount of time it was taking Sideshow to produce these (I ordered mine in June 2012 and had paid the full amount less one payment by the end of 2012 so Sideshow had had my money for a year and a half). My only real moan is the arc reactor (or lack of one). It really does look as bad in real life as it does in the photos. The blue haze just doesn't work and it looks very plastic. The only thing I'll say more about this is it did look like this in all of the promotional prototype photos so it's not like I wasn't expecting it.
Having read the comments in this thread yesterday morning knowing I was about to receive my bust from the courier, I was slightly disheartened by the photo comparisons of this product and the film accurate suit. The two armour chest pieces are indeed the wrong colour and even though this doesn't make me hate the bust, it makes you wonder how this has happened. I certainly wouldn't cancel my order due to this unless it really bugs you to the point that it's the only thing you notice.
On a positive note, the paint job on my bust is perfect. I can't see any kind of blemish and it really does look great. Had Sideshow just decided to improve the arc reactor then this really would have been a top piece. For $800 I would have thought they could have easily achieved this. Obviously, I'm very unhappy that the light feature doesn't work and am currently discussing this with Sideshow.

Attachments

• iron man2.jpg
    iron man2.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 308
  • iron man1.jpg
    iron man1.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 312
I received my Life Sized Bust yesterday. After waiting 2 years for this to be delivered, I couldn't believe the light up feature wasn't working. I've tried everything to get it going and have tried out several different plugs from other Sideshow figures and it still doesn't work. These plugs all work and light up my other figures so I know the fault is in the bust and not the plug. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Has anyone else who has received their bust had a similar problem? I did read the head was quite hard to click in (the light up connection for the eyes is attached to the helmet) but I've pushed it on as hard as I can without overdue force in case of damaging the bust.
I'm actually happy with the bust itself after concerns over the amount of time it was taking Sideshow to produce these (I ordered mine in June 2012 and had paid the full amount less one payment by the end of 2012 so Sideshow had had my money for a year and a half). My only real moan is the arc reactor (or lack of one). It really does look as bad in real life as it does in the photos. The blue haze just doesn't work and it looks very plastic. The only thing I'll say more about this is it did look like this in all of the promotional prototype photos so it's not like I wasn't expecting it.
Having read the comments in this thread yesterday morning knowing I was about to receive my bust from the courier, I was slightly disheartened by the photo comparisons of this product and the film accurate suit. The two armour chest pieces are indeed the wrong colour and even though this doesn't make me hate the bust, it makes you wonder how this has happened. I certainly wouldn't cancel my order due to this unless it really bugs you to the point that it's the only thing you notice.
On a positive note, the paint job on my bust is perfect. I can't see any kind of blemish and it really does look great. Had Sideshow just decided to improve the arc reactor then this really would have been a top piece. For $800 I would have thought they could have easily achieved this. Obviously, I'm very unhappy that the light feature doesn't work and am currently discussing this with Sideshow.

Massive congrats Andrew and may I say your pics and red display base just looks awesome :rock I haven't been put off by the comments of inaccuracies either, infact, when I saw Frobays pics a few pages back I actually liked it even more and cant wait for mine to arrive! Guess you were one of the lucky few who made the first batch :clap Thanks again for your short review and although everything looks great, its a total bummer to hear about the light up feature not working :gah: is it for both the AR and the eyes? Sideshow will have to sort you out buddy...despite the huge concerns of dodgy paint apps or inaccuracies, not having the light up feature work was one of my biggest concerns

Massive congrats Andrew and may I say your pics and red display base just looks awesome :rock I haven't been put off by the comments of inaccuracies either, infact, when I saw Frobays pics a few pages back I actually liked it even more and cant wait for mine to arrive! Guess you were one of the lucky few who made the first batch :clap Thanks again for your short review and although everything looks great, its a total bummer to hear about the light up feature not working :gah: is it for both the AR and the eyes? Sideshow will have to sort you out buddy...despite the huge concerns of dodgy paint apps or inaccuracies, not having the light up feature work was one of my biggest concerns

Thanks, I really am happy with the bust as a whole. I missed out on the Mk3 bust so was always going to go for this one. I think you're right that the silver pieces actually improve the look of the bust, had they been red it could have looked a little plain, although I do understand the argument for 100% film accurate pieces. I have just looked at the IM3 poster with the Mk7 in the hall of armour that has the silver pieces so I'm just concluding that there must have been to versions of the suit for Avengers and IM3. Like I said, it doesn't really bother me.
It's certainly a bummer that the light up features don't work and it's both arc reactor and eyes. There must be a loose connection or something. I'm guessing more people will start receiving their busts soon so I'll wait and see if anyone else has a similar problem. I'll keep you updated on what Sideshow says.

Congrats for the bust, it's a shame that your bust has the problem with the lights but I hope Sideshow change your bust for an other one.
In your pictures the bust looks better than the other pictures, looks like is in direct.

Back