Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Part 1 & Part 2 - (May 4, 2018 & May 3, 2019)

I watch it from time to time hoping it will get better as I am fan of the genre, but I still don't see a change I not sure what it is but in general all these TV shows ,DC and Marvel, are a marked down grade from their movie counter parts. I understand budget does constraint special effects, but the shows are typical Net work Television shows and they tend to follow the theme of the network which they are broadcast on and offer a predictatble formulaic plot and story.

I am hoping that since Dare Devil and the other marvel shows are on netflicks that they can be some what of an improvement but that remains to be seen. I think the current generation of comic book movies are propeling the methods of story telling and I would like to see that mirrored in these TV shows.

Sooo...the fact that it's a tv series means it isn't good? That's basically what you're saying :lol

Spider-Man In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR? Nope! Sony Reps Dismiss Rumors

The possibility of Spider-Man joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe was first reported on last year after the tepic critical and commerical response to The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The "Sony Hack" would reveal that it was something actively being discussed between Marvel Studios and Sony, with talks seemingly breaking down shortly after, though other reports would later claim otherwise.

Earlier today, we heard that the deal may be done, with Spidey set to appear in Avengers: Infinity War. Comic Book Resources have since reached out to Sony, and a studio representitive told them that the report is an "old rumor" with "no validity whatsoever." Marvel and Disney have not yet responded. Ultimately, this may mean nothing, but it is odd that they would respond this way.

Based on past experience, there's really no way of knowing how to take this as denials have sometimes been proved wrong, and were other times spot on. It's a guessing game!

Regardless, we're going to find out one way or the other soon enough, as Sinister Six is still supposed to be coming out in 2016. So, start counting down the days until that pointless movie is released and the sure to be terrible third instalment of The Amazing Spider-Man franchise. Yay?

****** you, Sony.

That was quick :lol

Sooo...the fact that it's a tv series means it isn't good? That's basically what you're saying :lol

These shows are lacking in a lot areas and its not directly related to their production budgets and they obviously can not survive when competing against other types of TV shows. I think alot of us give comic book movies and shows a pass because we want to support the genre but by that same token these shows can not use that excuse as a crutch and actually up their quality to that other shows.

Infinity War is a weird place for an urban wall-crawler to debut anyway. Did he even do anything in the comic storyline other than say "Crap! Where's Mary Jane!??"

Infinity War is a weird place for an urban wall-crawler to debut anyway. Did he even do anything in the comic storyline other than say "Crap! Where's Mary Jane!??"
He did about as much as 99% of the other Marvel heroes--create a minor distraction in the hopes of allowing the big boys (Warlock and Silver Surfer) the unlikely chance of catching Thanos off guard.

I would totally support Marvel Studios killing off every member of the current Avengers team, and bringing in Spidey to replace them with his own rag-tag group of wacky b-listers. Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, Stingray, Forbush Man, etc.

He did about as much as 99% of the other Marvel heroes--create a minor distraction in the hopes of allowing the big boys (Warlock and Silver Surfer) the unlikely chance of catching Thanos off guard.

I would totally support Marvel Studios killing off every member of the current Avengers team, and bringing in Spidey to replace them with his own rag-tag group of wacky b-listers. Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, Stingray, Forbush Man, etc.

125361-baby-pout-gif-Imgur-wait-what-uvXM.gif

Last edited:

The question we should be asking ourselves is how much power is Marvel going to give Thanos when he has the gauntlet. Considering we all know how they have under powered Thor, will they do the same with Thanos? I mean in the comics he survived a joint attack from the likes of Galactus, Chronos, Eternity I think. It will be interesting to see.

Seems to defeat the purpose of doing Infinity Guantlet if he isn't so powerful that no other power or combination of powers around can match him physically.

They'll make a joke out of him. It's too bad they put Thanos in his first major appearance in a comedy like GOTG, so I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of this saga, Thanos is another Loki...

You guys are forgetting who are directing these movies. They aren't going to be done by James Gunn or Whedon. The Russo Bros are two of the few MCU directors that haven't played the conflict for laughs.

I fully expect Thanos to be a total badass under their control.

Russos > Whedon easily

Can't wait for Whedon to retire from the MCU so that these event films can finally feel epic instead of like a sitcom.

Russos > Whedon easily

Can't wait for Whedon to retire from the MCU so that these event films can finally feel epic instead of like a sitcom.

Really? I never got that vibe from Avengers

Back