Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dTApXp8.png

8ofq9D4.jpg

The first draft actually had the lines switched so that Groot was like “I’m not ready,” and Peter was like “Daddy,” but then #metoo happened and Feige decided that Tony Stark’s underage protegé calling him that might not be great press for Disney. In retrospect, it made more sense for the raccoon, anyway.

These artificial feels are hilarious! :lol Peter and Tony had very little time together in two movies...
Yet the third one treats it as a special moment while Rogers/Bucky moment is put at the start and has no weight to it.
This ****in' movie, man! Ugh.

These artificial feels are hilarious! :lol Peter and Tony had very little time together in two movies...
Yet the third one treats it as a special moment while Rogers/Bucky moment is put at the start and has no weight to it.

you have NO IDEA how much time they spent outside of the movies

NO IDEA

I expect there are interviews with Russo, RDJ and Tom where they tell us those wonderful off-screen stories. :lol

I had a thought about what Marvel could do with Avengers 4 and I wondered if there was any likelihood that they’d go through with something like that. What if The Avengers sacrifice their lives in order to save the universe? Not in a physical sense, but in the sense that their lives and histories are erased as a consequence of altering the timeline. So, Steve Rogers dies an old man after getting married, raising a family, and living to a ripe old age, while Tony Stark turns into an alcoholic ******* who pushes everyone away without the Afghanistan incident to act as a wake-up call, Thor continues down the road of arrogance and becomes hardened to the point where, when he finally clashes with Loki, he shows no restraint and kills him. It’d be an interesting way to get rid of the high-profile stars without killing them off and also providing a fresh template for the next phase of Marvel films.

Imagine a world where Bucky Cap was a thing not because Steve died, but because Barnes was the candidate they went with for the super soldier program, and where, without a winter soldier, Russia’s deadliest assassin was a villainous Black Widow who had never been redeemed as she was previously, and whose arc could, instead, be charged across these new films as Captain America attempts to save her from that conditioning, just as he was saved in a previous timeline.

That might sound great on paper but if they did that you would have an immediate backlash against Marvel/Feige for nullifying their investment into 18 movies worth of stories fans would throw away their blurays and abandon the MCU.

I mean what are you proposing here is it a quick scene of their new lifestyles or are you asking for Marvel to make entirely new movies of old Cap with family and alcoholic Stark?

I think they’ll sacrifice their lives but it will be to bring back the characters that died in IW but Marvel won’t sacrifice 18 movies worth of stories and not because they’re incapable of writing it like Clown suggests.

Would you set their new realities against an Echo and the Bunnymen soundtrack lol

Last edited:
Yeah, if they sacrifice 18 movies worth of stories many folks, including me, would be pissed. We've invested time, money and emotions in these films for characters we love. I can't see then going that route.

I had a thought about what Marvel could do with Avengers 4 and I wondered if there was any likelihood that they’d go through with something like that. What if The Avengers sacrifice their lives in order to save the universe? Not in a physical sense, but in the sense that their lives and histories are erased as a consequence of altering the timeline. So, Steve Rogers dies an old man after getting married, raising a family, and living to a ripe old age, while Tony Stark turns into an alcoholic ******* who pushes everyone away without the Afghanistan incident to act as a wake-up call, Thor continues down the road of arrogance and becomes hardened to the point where, when he finally clashes with Loki, he shows no restraint and kills him. It’d be an interesting way to get rid of the high-profile stars without killing them off and also providing a fresh template for the next phase of Marvel films.

Imagine a world where Bucky Cap was a thing not because Steve died, but because Barnes was the candidate they went with for the super soldier program, and where, without a winter soldier, Russia’s deadliest assassin was a villainous Black Widow who had never been redeemed as she was previously, and whose arc could, instead, be charged across these new films as Captain America attempts to save her from that conditioning, just as he was saved in a previous timeline.
Yeah, no...
It's a nice setup for some elseworld/what-if stories but not a good conclusion for the series.
It'd be just fine if they reverse the damage done, with some stayin' dead and consequences that lead to characters retire.

What exactly did Dr Strange do at the beginning of the NY battle? He sends this huge projection down the city street and all of a sudden there's no people and everything is quiet. Did he send all the civilians somewhere?

Pretty much. Right before that, Tony was talking to Friday to organize the evacuation of everyone within range of the ensuing battle. Strange took care of his request with his magic. He then winks at Tony right after.

I got the feels based on nothing more than what you also saw. So, somehow, nothing else was needed. And I didn't even like the Stark/Peter thing prior to this.

Back