Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s one thing I love about IW, many suspect a lot of the deaths to be undone, but in reality, we have no clue where this goes next so we’re actually left feeling defeated.

We all knew everyone would be back somehow after Civil War so that was more like ok, they’re split up, how do they come back together but you didn’t feel concerned, here we have no clue what to expect and only a sliver of hope and that’s one of the things I’ve been hoping for most with this movie.

Hulk in this is like Batman in the first half of TDKR when Bane handed his ass to him, and hopefully Hulk gets a chance to make a big comeback in Avengers 4, which I’m hearing rumors will be titled End Game.

I think it’ll be all the heroes vs thanos . This would be a perfect opportunity for the ff to come or some xmen to show up but alas we can’t get that yet.

Initially I was concerned that A4 will lessen the impact of IW. But the more I think about it, these guys know what they’re doing. They know most people are expecting the obvious. They’d have to be complete idiots to go that route and ruin such an accomplishment.

My wife is pissed that she was denied the deaths of Cap and IM then threw in my face “You said their contracts had ended!” :lol

Yeah we’re going a 3rd time lol

Reading my first lengthy review I was pretty harsh on this movie wasn’t I.

I literally did a Snikt, harsh review but proclaimed it my favorite MCU movie!

So what exactly is going on there?

Well for starters the flaws become easier to swallow when you take a step back and grade the totality of it all which at a minimum includes:

1. Respect for what worked post JL debacle with just 6 primary heroes and 1 villain.
2. Villain quality after years of villain complaints
3. Team up action
4. Character interaction
5. Stones properly used
6. Bonus points awarded for trust in IW2
7. Fan base positive energy

I mean just for those 7 reasons alone how can I not rate it as my favorite MCU movie and yes Marvel has earned my trust that IW2 will deliver the goods because IW1 place on my list requires IW2 to deliver.

Like JAWS has said IW2 outcome will greatly impact IW1 for him and I agree that it should.

The positive energy is just Wor-Gar not hating it lol

So yeah here it is:

1. IW1 (IW2 will decide IW1 future fate)
2. TWS
3. CW
4. Avengers
5. Can be used for swapping out IM1, AOU or Thor 1

Return of the King is one of my favorite movies of all time but somehow Infinity War managed to feel less bloated with like triple the heroes on screen. :horror

The more I think about it the more IW just had no business being good, let alone great. When I was watching it I was even reminded of ROTK and now I know why.

Stark and Strange was the team scaling Mount Doom striking the enemy itself.
Cap grew his Gandalf beard and defended Minas Tirith against the advancing horde.
Thor had to go off and reforge what was broken before arriving late to the land battle and saving the day.

A pretty genius amount of overlap there. ROTK was pretty much the most epic fantasy war movie ever made and IW was all "oh yeah we call that 'Part I'", lol.

Return of the King is one of my favorite movies of all time but somehow Infinity War managed to feel less bloated with like triple the heroes on screen. :horror

The more I think about it the more IW just had no business being good, let alone great. When I was watching it I was even reminded of ROTK and now I know why.

Cap grew his Gandalf beard and defended Minas Tirith against the advancing horde.
Thor had to go off and reforge what was broken before arriving late to the land battle and saving the day.

A pretty genius amount of overlap there. ROTK was pretty much the most epic fantasy war movie ever made and IW was all "oh yeah we call that 'Part I'", lol.

Jesus that’s just bonkers lol

Well now we know why there's no Spider in Sony's R-rated Spiderverse, lol.

ironwez is hoping that Spidey warped into the Sony Venom universe lol

And that was better than anything in CW. :nana:

CW would be at the bottom of my list if not for badass BP and how bad IM2 was. :lol

I hope Zach, crows or Snikt move next door to you or all 3 of them do simultaneously lol

Jesus that’s just bonkers lol

That finger snap was legendary. Leading off with Bucky fading away had me all "okay here's the 50%, time to say goodbye to the 'lesser' partner of every pair. See ya Bucky, Rhodey, etc." And then Spidey's suit starts to disintegrate and it's What the ****???? Black Panther, Star-Lord, Strange, what the actual ****???? Even after the credits when Maria Hill disappeared I figured she lost the coin toss with Fury and then what the **** him too. Of course the universe wouldn't care who's who if it's snuffing people out at random. Sure Hill and Fury can both die because they're just two people out of billions (or trillions if you including all planets.)

That finger snap was legendary. Leading off with Bucky fading away had me all "okay here's the 50%, time to say goodbye to the 'lesser' partner of every pair. See ya Bucky, Rhodey, etc." And then Spidey's suit starts to disintegrate and it's What the ****???? Black Panther, Star-Lord, Strange, what the actual ****???? Even after the credits when Maria Hill disappeared I figured she lost the coin toss with Fury and then what the **** him too. Of course the universe wouldn't care who's who if it's snuffing people out at random. Sure Hill and Fury can both die because they're just two people out of billions (or trillions if you including all planets.)

BP/Spidey was rather jarring.

I mean BP IS STILL IN THEATERS HOLY CRAP the more I think about it just wow!

Bucky just got his memory healed up and his arm back and then that same day cya doh!

Ok i’ll add Bucky to my jarring list lol

Even if Thanos could choose the 50% he would’ve kept his word to Strange what a great way to handle a villain.

I like your comparison to RoTK. :) I sort of felt that too. Red Skull looked just like a Nazgul.

BP/Spidey was rather jarring.

I mean BP IS STILL IN THEATERS HOLY CRAP the more I think about it just wow!

I know right, lol.

That was actually ingenius to have Parker die. I mean if you think about it there will otherwise *never* be a "Death of Spider-Man" story on screen. He's not Cap or Jean Grey. So this was their one shot and holy crap they went for maximum Saving Private Ryan harshness with the young kid dying in his superior's arms, damn lol.

Bucky just got his memory healed up and his arm back and then that same day cya doh! Ok i’ll add Bucky to my jarring list lol

Bucky meeting Rocket and Cap meeting Groot were two of my favorite moments in the movie.

Even if Thanos could choose the 50% he would’ve kept his word to Strange what a great way to handle a villain.

Man I hope they don't screw this up now. Please God don't open IW2 8 years later with Tony shooting arrows at maids in Stark Tower, lol.

You can tell who drinks the Kool-Aid when they’re comparing movie masterpieces such as Lord of the Rings to the popcorn fodder of the MCU. Yes, Infinity War was awesome, but let’s not get a head of ourselves.

If this movie ages half as well as LOTR it’s very lucky.

You can tell who drinks the Kool-Aid when they’re comparing movie masterpieces such as Lord of the Rings to the popcorn fodder of the MCU. Yes, Infinity War was awesome, but let’s not get a head of ourselves.

If this movie ages half as well as LOTR it’s very lucky.

And you can always tell who reads more into a comparison than was actually being made by their melodramatic responses. ;)

IW being less bloated than ROTK is a certifiable fact. And it *did* seem to follow a bit of ROTK's "formula" as far as story structure. At no point did I ever compare the quality of the two films.

Back