Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (April 27, 2018)

i truly really really wanna see thanos as a farmer tending to crops

At least Thanos kind of lived up to the hype, unlike Snoke.

I agree with this, and I didn't dislike his motivations, greater minds have toyed with the concept of the universe having finite resources to support life, so if a villain were to act on that concept because he knows it to be a fact, then that works great.

Maaaaaybe he could've been more eloquent about it.

And maybe throw a bit of infatuation with death to make him really a mad titan... But well, better than the majority of MCU villains.

You know what JAWS i’m going to agree with you because I certainly don’t expect Batman to die when I go see a Batman movie because well that would be silly.

JAWS is making IW better and better one post at a time. :yess:

I will keep trying my best.. After that whole Last Jedi thing its good to be on the same side again :hi5:

Also the batman analogy is perfect.. We keep expecting MCU to kill someone to give the films weight.. But we don't expect it from Batman.

Let us keep our hero's safe and sound :)

But but but but but superheroes have powers too.

Now had you said me, you, Junkion and JAWS almost took his glove off then I would nod in agreement with you.

But since it was half a dozen of super powered people I will laugh at you instead lol

I'm pretty freaking strong.. I think we got a shot!!

Plus he was under the influence of Mantis... So it's not like he was actually fighting back...

OMG

OMG

OMG

:thud:

CLICK NOW THANK ME LATER

Lord and baby jesus

Holy crap

Dear god

IW IS NOW BEST MOVIE EVER MADE LOL

Remember when Thanos and Scarlet Witch did the dirty deed in the Oldboy remake??

Just got back from seeing this, I thought it was ****ing stupid. At one point, the dwarf dude from Game of Thrones is talking to Thor, and I realized he's a god damned giant. I'm just sitting there thinking "what the hell am I watching". Stuff like that or Captain America fighting these alien raptor things and then turning to teen Groot and saying "I am Steve". It was just a giant cluster ****. Too silly for me.

It's weird how these big blockbusters have digressed into what we have now. I remember in the features for The Two Towers and Return of the King how Peter Jackson and the writers were worried about audiences not being able to follow the three different intertwining stories. But this ****ing movie, holy hell. I didn't care about any of the character journies or all the different exotic locales. I didn't even care when everyone was turning to ash at the end. Everything in this movie are things we've seen before. Spider-Man is making 80s movie references, that's his thing. Boring CGI alien villains things trying to get something and getting their ass kicked. People rip on the Justice League, but how was this any less different than that? They're both goofy just like most of the comics they're based off of.

Also lol at the scenes with Spider-Man and Iron Man. Most of the time it looked like the actor's heads were just floating in place.

Hard to believe this was made by the same guys that made Captain America: Winter Soldier. Then again, I don't think any one really has any control over these movies.

Hard to believe this was made by the same guys that made Captain America: Winter Soldier. Then again, I don't think any one really has any control over these movies.
Right? I felt the same thing.

It's like they were going through a checklist and nothing carried any weight as WS did.

How do u get banned and keep coming back? It’s crazy! Like a ghost.

Thought it was great, analyze to much and what's the point?

Loved it. You know, it’s funny. DC lost me after suicide squad, so I stopped seeing the movies. Have yet to see WW or JL. The same people that complained about the last 18 marvel movies still went to see this:lol

Loved it. You know, it’s funny. DC lost me after suicide squad, so I stopped seeing the movies. Have yet to see WW or JL. The same people that complained about the last 18 marvel movies still went to see this:lol

Exactly. Although I did like WW just maybe not for the right reasons.

Just got back from seeing this, I thought it was ****ing stupid. At one point, the dwarf dude from Game of Thrones is talking to Thor, and I realized he's a god damned giant. I'm just sitting there thinking "what the hell am I watching". Stuff like that or Captain America fighting these alien raptor things and then turning to teen Groot and saying "I am Steve". It was just a giant cluster ****. Too silly for me.

It's weird how these big blockbusters have digressed into what we have now. I remember in the features for The Two Towers and Return of the King how Peter Jackson and the writers were worried about audiences not being able to follow the three different intertwining stories. But this ****ing movie, holy hell. I didn't care about any of the character journies or all the different exotic locales. I didn't even care when everyone was turning to ash at the end. Everything in this movie are things we've seen before. Spider-Man is making 80s movie references, that's his thing. Boring CGI alien villain things trying to get something and getting their ass kicked. People rip on the Justice League, but how was this any less different than that. They're both goofy just like most of the comics they're based off of.

Also lol at the scenes with Spider-Man and Iron Man. Most of the time it looked like the actor's heads were just floating in place.

That's too bad you didn't get to enjoy it Difabio..

Personally I found it very entertaining. I agree that it is no Winter Solder.. But few Comic book films are.

I have very much enjoyed all the work by the Russo Marvel films and IMO they have made the most consistently good comic book films of director's who have made two or more Comic films.

Oh well maybe next time it will be better for you... But I doubt it :lol

First time I saw Deadpool I hated it...but then I realized I was just in a bad mood that day. Some folks on here are always in a bad mood when they go to a Marvel film.

Oh well maybe next time it will be better for you... But I doubt it :lol
If it's made by the same people making similar artistic choices, that have permeated this series of movies, it's a very good prediction, completely related to the makers and not to the "unwillingness to like stuff" of the "detractors".

First time I saw Deadpool I hated it...but then I realized I was just in a bad mood that day. Some folks on here are always in a bad mood when they go to a Marvel film.
That's like the fifth different excuse for this movie and one I hadn't seen before :lol

-you just don't like stuff
-you want it to be like the comics
-you hate Marvel
-you expect it to be Oscar worthy
-you're in a bad mood (my personal favorite so far) :rotfl

Oh no, it's the sixth one, I forgot "you think too much". it's a runner up :lol

https://www.vulture.com/2018/04/avengers-infinity-war-review.html

"Marvel’s triumph is not that we are loyal audiences, not even loyal fans. We are slaves."

Nice read, good to see some remain cool headed.

Last edited:

In other news, Disney still has a hard time with the concept of sacrifice. Is it good? Is it bad? Where do we draw the line? When should we cross it? Does it even matter as long as people see it?

Back