Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (April 27, 2018)

I liked it. Thanos is now my fave Marvel character along with Captain America and Wolverine. Just a few questions:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hahaha oh man, the hyperbolic responses to this film are cute and predictable. It's an entertaining enough flick, but it's not like anything in it carries any weight. We'll see the status quo returned in a year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is it better than BvS?

I don't see what anyone could possibly think was so "jaw dropping" about this movie. Please don't let this hype ruin the movie for you, I'd say go in with medium expectations. I can't imagine what you people were so SHOCKED by with the ending or anything for that matter. The movie was an extended version of the trailer ( cap catching thanos punch is virtually caps only moment ).

The real surprise or twist I suppose is coming in the beginning of the next movie. Which I relly feel belongs at the end of this movie.

Hopefully once the hype dies down some level headed discussions about this messy movie can take place.

The action was very fun and it was great seeing some characters together ( although it never feels like and avengers movie to me ).... more like a NOW cd greatest hits of each characters dialogue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also what the hell is with vision and Wanda doing the same damn thing in every damn movie ? Moping around the whole movie then having one small action scene. Happened in avengers 2 and civil war and now infinity war.

I don't see what anyone could possibly think was so "jaw dropping" about this movie. Please don't let this hype ruin the movie for you, I'd say go in with medium expectations. I can't imagine what you people were so SHOCKED by with the ending or anything for that matter. The movie was an extended version of the trailer ( cap catching thanos punch is virtually caps only moment ).

The real surprise or twist I suppose is coming in the beginning of the next movie. Which I relly feel belongs at the end of this movie.

Hopefully once the hype dies down some level headed discussions about this messy movie can take place.

The action was very fun and it was great seeing some characters together ( although it never feels like and avengers movie to me ).... more like a NOW cd greatest hits of each characters dialogue

from the spoilers i read i didnt read anything mind blowing but I think the visuals are making everyone felt amazed

those random death scenes near the end was kinda lazy. would have preferred first hand beat downs than
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

i wanted to see thor go ape**** some more and longer. that guy deserves to be pissed off battle crazy. he never had break since ragnarock.

Saw it last night and haven't read through all of the posts here so I'll drop my honest two cents. Detailed review is below but long story short, it's one great big, beautiful, enjoyable mess. I'm not going to directly give away any spoilers, but be warned.

The film was actually somewhat heavy on the humor at times, but unlike Ragnarok, not all of it felt completely forced and none of it took me out of the movie. I actually LOL'ed quite a bit. The opening is great although there will definitely be mixed feelings as to the direction they took. Thanos is far from my favorite MCU villain but he lived up to my expectations and he would probably be in the top 5 MCU villains list. I liked him but I did not love him. The Black Order were mostly a waste aside from Ebony Maw. I loved his voice and wish we had seen more of him. Corvus Glaive was OK aside from getting his ass kicked by Widow. The cameo from a certain past villain was great. Cull Obsidian and Proxima Midnight were wastes. The Outriders were there as your typical generic army fodder. I liked Thor's banter with the GotG and the whole process by which they go about making Stormbreaker.

However, there are two big downsides - first and foremost, the film is actually quite a mess structure wise. Toward the beginning it was OK, but after the first half hour things started happening so quickly that you'd blink and miss it and I often lost track of who ended up where and why. It honestly feels like three or four different movies that got combined into one. Ever since the idea of having the Avengers meet up with the GotG and other side heroes was announced, I knew it would be difficult to pull off and was hoping they could make it work in the same way Joss Whedon did with the original Avengers, but it felt more like Spider-Man 3 here.

Secondly, while most of the action between individual characters was good - the Black Order fights, the Thanos fights, etc., the entire Wakanda battle is a disaster. I found it just as sloppy, chaotic, and eyesore-inducing as any Bayformers film. I seriously can't fathom why anyone who hates Michael Bay's stuff would find enjoyment in that. And this is coming from the same directors who gave us TWS? TWS had great action, but this? Action like this being considered "great" is the reason Bay got away with his crap. Not to mention (some) of the CGI was downright bad at times, especially the Outriders. Although I imagine most of the budget went into Thanos and the Black Order, who looked fine.

This is far from being my favorite MCU movie, and it met my expectations but it did not exceed them in any way. I don't believe I was particularly "blown away" by anything so to speak. The important thing is that while this film is a mess, it's an enjoyable mess... Something I can't say for movies like Civil Bore. The film is pure popcorn at best, but it's good popcorn. However, this is coming from someone who purposely lowered their expectations to the minimum as a safeguard to avoid disappoint since Marvel have proven over and over again that they can deliver just as much as they can disappoint. I'd still go in with low expectations, because unlike The Avengers (2012), this is definitely not going to be a massive crowd pleaser film and will likely leave a good bit of folks feeling conflicted.

Post credits scene was lame.

After my first viewing the bulk of what I'd give it is an 8/10, although I could see myself potentially lowering it to a 7/10 on repeat viewings.

Last edited:

^ highly agree with most of this. The whole movie is a mess plot wise, Thor 4 and guardians 3 are really the only plot to latch onto

The facial movements and expressions on Thanos is hands down the best mocap cgi ever created it even surpasses Snoke which was already high quality.

One can now clearly see even more how bad WB dropped the ball on Steppenwolf.

That was 100% Brolin on that screen.

Still writing my review should be done in a few hours lol

Here’s a tease:

YES it’s better than TLJ.

^^^^ ??? It doesn't even touch any of the Apes movies

The facial movements and expressions on Thanos is hands down the best mocap cgi ever created it even surpasses Snoke which was already high quality.

giphy.gif

Here’s a tease:

Well in all fairness that was evident since the first trailers for both movies.

Yes the apes were great but they were apes Thanos is the best mocap cgi of a human face.

No hair to hide any problems.

So yes it absolutely matches the quality of the apes and is the best human face cgi ever.

Here’s a tease:

Oh man, that means Khev is gonna love it then. :lol

Whatever the heck his henchman were called we're super lame. Cgi throaway aliens. I don't understand why the the smaller henchman couldn't just be played by actual human actors ? Could have given them a little more of a feel

Hmmm, surprised by how much people are loving it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here comes the haters who will hate Random **** like Wanda’s beanie and coat, hate Widow’s uneven hair, and basically the plot.

Here’s a tease:

Hurry up lol

Back