Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

4d2ddf9d253bf3a94c8f008560ca0058.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will a petition be started to remove A:IW from MCU canon? :lol

He most likely talks about blockbusters only. There are tons of other movies produced every year, mature audience oriented and for movie star fans too. They cost much less and bring in much smaller numbers but they're still big part of the industry.

My parents used to love karaoke nights.
I was 12 or something, tryin' to listen to my nu metal, alt rock and trance.

Every time it'd finally end I be like...

Spoiler Spoiler:

It’s true, there was a time where an actor’s name got asses in the seats, but in the modern Hollywood, you get good actors in ****** movies and ****** actors in otherwise good movies and you can’t rely on an actor being involved as a selling point, maybe enough interest to check out trailers, but with trailers and tv spots and such all over the net, you know much more about films beyond an actor name. Look at posters even, a 7 person cast gets top marquee when once the star got it it.

23418C0A-A86E-40ED-8715-6500F460843C.jpeg

3B922094-D7D9-45A7-8FE6-17C5B0ABC45A.jpeg

D310EC8C-C4DB-4C09-8268-368DC32486EF.jpeg

F603A585-B4C0-4F46-A16D-09FBE4AECB24.jpeg

In the 80s those would have had Bale/Ledger and Pratt plastered across the top, not today.

It’s true, there was a time where an actor’s name got asses in the seats, but in the modern Hollywood, you get good actors in ****** movies and ****** actors in otherwise good movies and you can’t rely on an actor being involved as a selling point, maybe enough interest to check out trailers, but with trailers and tv spots and such all over the net, you know much more about films beyond an actor name. Look at posters even, a 7 person cast gets top marquee when once the star got it it.

True. And Mackie isn't wrong. The business changed. With social media even if folks blow off RT critics for the all-important opening weekend, word of mouth can hammer a film. And occasionally help it. After the economic crash studios and banks got cautious and try to fund sure things, so we get a lot of sequels and rehash.

Like Mackie sez with the home view market, it takes more work to get me out the door.

But Infinity War, no problem. In theory it could fail. Any movie can fail. But I like what the Russos have done in the MCU so far.

Back