Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

There will be closure for certain characters. Thus far in the MCU, we really haven't lost household names. As for the end of the first avengers, the world showed celebration of and acknowledgment of the avengers across the globe. So when the world loses some of them, the new heroes will have to show the world that the losses will be avenged and instill hope for humanity again.

There will need to be a shakeup, not because of a lack of content, but because of expiring contracts and Father Time. The actors are aging and new blood will have to be introduced so that all the work from the 1st 10 years of MCU isn't wasted by recasting a majority of the big name characters.

I think after Infinity Wars, we will see a more mature Spidey who carries a lot of weight with him. For me, this movie isn't just about watching Thanos rip hell out of some of my favorite characters, it's the journey that the survivors have to go through in healing (physically and emotionally) while tying to find meaning in their actions again (in follow up movies). That's pretty much existential psychology in a nutshell.

Really nice response. :) :clap I like this: "As for the end of the first avengers, the world showed celebration of and acknowledgment of the avengers across the globe. So when the world loses some of them, the new heroes will have to show the world that the losses will be avenged and instill hope for humanity again."

That could be epic, done right. Agree with: "all the work from the 1st 10 years of MCU isn't wasted by recasting a majority of the big name characters." Yeah, good point. IMO it's a miracle what the MCU pulled off with Tom Holland [in that he was accepted as Spiderman after all the other movies.] It would be too soon IMO to recast anyone - like I was thinking the other day that Hemsworth seems tired of Thor, but really, who would you put in his place right now?

Maybe that's what Feige knows. *Unexpectedly* the characters are so beloved a new IM, say, would be completely rejected. I know I wouldn't be happy:horror. Kind of brilliant, on Feige's part. Leave the door open (like the Russos were suggesting re the comics characters re-appearing) but don't make the *fatal* mistake of some recasts too soon.

That's helpful.:) I'd prefer a more mature Spidey (probably 'coz I came from a "DC house" - Batman, Superman. Batman was IT.) And LOL after IW2 maybe DC will have pulled it together so I'll have more to watch.:monkey3

I think Thanos will kill Loki during the opening of the film.

With Loki tho I'd still say Loki won't STAY dead, even if that happens. Re the comics he's just too powerful. Thanos is MORE powerful, but Loki is a trickster character. If the Tesseract can open portals, what if Loki opens a portal and escapes, leaving the Tesseract behind? Like throwing money at a mugger - they get the money, but in the mean time Loki gets away.

After what happened with TLJ you guys are building this UP with LOTS of expectations to who should do this and what should be happening.
Prepare to be unhappy. However it's Marvel so maybe it will be what you want- with jokes

After what happened with TLJ you guys are building this UP with LOTS of expectations to who should do this and what should be happening.
Prepare to be unhappy. However it's Marvel so maybe it will be what you want- with jokes

I'm not expecting anything but I do think that either/both Cap or IM may die.

Having said that; As long as the movie is entertaining I'll be happy. :D

I’m sure this movie will have some powerful moments. Comedy will probably be necessary in this movie as there will/should be lots of sad moments and drama. I’m just excited to see what the Russos have for us as 10 vets of much movies.

Nah. What hapended to TLJ is 2 years of fanboys theories went to the crapper lol. As for IW having jokes. Id be surprised if it didn’t. The movie will be good and most importantly entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not expecting anything but I do think that either/both Cap or IM may die.

Having said that; As long as the movie is entertaining I'll be happy. :D

That is the case with all these types of movies, how hard is it to just make a decent ****in movie...obviously very hard see not just Star Wars but the other garbage Hollywood continuously drops on us

Oh, I figured there'd be unhappy people:lol. TLJ threads are just a gentle breeze compared to the coming storm:monkey3. But for me there's reasons to be cautiously optimistic.

1) Russos at the helm. Two of my favorite movies evah were under their watch:clap. (Along with the actors and writers I hold them responsible for me spending $$$). There's no reason for me to think that, working with the same writers and actors, that these comic-book loving brothers suddenly lost their minds and decided to have Thanos celebrate his feminine side or for Bucky to become a pacifist Buddhist studying calligraphy. Or something.:google

2) Feige's grand plan. Also a comic book lover. Some directors have chafed under Marvel but so far Marvel has looked after its stuff.

3) Marvel is socially aware re the fan base. That's not saying the movie will be "what X fan wants" but for d*mn sure if Cap dies it won't be because he ate some bad sushi. Respect will be paid.

4) I'm not villain or death-crazed; that said, James Brolin IMO is an excellent choice *badass*.

5) The Russos' method of working is to sit in a room with some cards w. characters on them. Very grass roots. It all starts with the story. Characters have distinct motives for why they are doing something. Also, films are tested before release.

Finally, when questioned, Sebastian Stan point blank said the set was laid back. Quote "very smooth." That during filming the Russos know what they wanted. E.g. the only ripple - if you can call it that - is the Marvel secrecy thing. It's probably hard on the actors not to have full scripts. But Anthony Mackie has said the Russos look after you. Not one actor seems to be displeased about being there. Even with the good face actors put on stuff, it doesn't seem like they are unhappy.

So IMO it's about as good as you can expect right now. Excellent cast, many who really know their characters. Skilled directors who can handle a large cast and have already said there will be several main arcs (e.g. they already know there's no way you could cover every character in detail). Plenty of funding. Excellent writers. No delays in filming e.g. production problems are never a good sign:horror, depending. Filming is on schedule.

As for the jokes that Marvel is accused of, I like Marvel's treatment. I don't need a film crammed w. *leaden despair* and the jokes that show up in the Russos' work IMO are appropriate. It's an MCU movie. I love the MCU (at least these phases). Also, the Russos have one advantage that TLJ didn't have - *in general* they don't have to shake things up to get over stuff like "TFA was too much like ANH".

Is KKKennedy part of this?

Russos sure didn't impress me with CW- too much Marvel meddling in there- nowhere near as good as WS

I have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen, since they brought the kangz of Wakanda into play it became pretty obvious.

They think they'll be able to make 20 more movies in the future, somehow I doubt the MCU will last that long...

Nah they'll find a way to pump out at least 20 more movies... Probably a few Doctor Strange and Ant-Meh sequels, then a Captain Marvel series. They'll just go through the list until they have to make up their own characters. :lol

Last edited:

Nah they'll find a way to pump out at least 20 more movies... Probably a few Doctor Strange and Ant-Meh sequels, then a Captain Marvel series. They'll just go through the list until they have to made up their own characters. :lol

Well, Marvel has over 10,000 characters and counting...:gah:

I'd like to see Sentry in the MCU.

Regardless on whether you're a fan of the MCU or not; as long as the general audience and comic book fans are willing to shell out money for a ticket Disney and WB will continue to make these movies. Obviously.

WB can't find their own ass :lol

Ummm excuse me Mr. Trash Panda sir umm haven’t you heard.

TLJ just ****ing bombed which means the end of Feige the end of IW the end of the MCU dominance as you know it and the end of Hollywood....sir.

That light you see at the end of the tunnel that’s not your bright future that’s the WB JL A train coming to get its revenge!

Back