Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

So who is springing for 7 extra minutes to best Avatar :lol

I've only seen it once so come to think of it I don't know if I'd be able to identify new stuff if it's in the main body of the film.

I saw this twice. As much as I want this to beat Avatar, I'm more anxious to watch it at home than in the theater again. It's hard for me to enjoy any movie in the theater anymore. I'm always stuck around the worst people. Checking their phones, talking, laughing for no reason, constantly eating and ruffling through bags and snacks.. Even when I go to like 9am showings on the weekend.

When I saw Godzilla on a Sunday early matinee morning in its 2nd weekend of release, I bought tickets dead center. The entire rest of the row to my right were a group of kids plopped down by mom who was nowhere in site. The kid next to my son literally ate his entire giant size tub of popcorn and then finished the kids' next to him as well, along with other snacks. Never stopping the entire movie. And yes, he was a bit on the portley side... Shocker..

No one has any consideration for others anymore. At all. People suck... :lol

I saw this twice. As much as I want this to beat Avatar, I'm more anxious to watch it at home than in the theater again. It's hard for me to enjoy any movie in the theater anymore. I'm always stuck around the worst people. Checking their phones, talking, laughing for no reason, constantly eating and ruffling through bags and snacks.. Even when I go to like 9am showings on the weekend.

When I saw Godzilla on a Sunday early matinee morning in its 2nd weekend of release, I bought tickets dead center. The entire rest of the row to my right were a group of kids plopped down by mom who was nowhere in site. The kid next to my son literally ate his entire giant size tub of popcorn and then finished the kids' next to him as well, along with other snacks. Never stopping the entire movie. And yes, he was a bit on the portley side... Shocker..

No one has any consideration for others anymore. At all. People suck... :lol

The painful truth in this post makes me agree with Thanos even more.

Although I won’t be seeing this, I can wait until the end of July for the home media

Ya’ll need to experience the Alamo drafthouse whenever it opens in LA and be part of their movie cult, it will make it your worthwhile at all the problems regarding phones, talking, or being loud. They straight off quick you from the movie if you break any of these rules

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be going again. My older daughter wanted to see it again anyway, so this is as good a reason as any.

I've only seen it once so come to think of it I don't know if I'd be able to identify new stuff if it's in the main body of the film.

It's not. Any new footage is after the credits.

Honestly I feel like the EG theatrical "event" has pretty much run it's course so even if it did pass Avatar (which it won't) I think it'd be pretty anticlimactic at this point. "Oh good it knocked off Avatar" and then two seconds later nobody would care, lol.

Last edited:
Honestly I feel like the EG "event" has pretty much run it's course as a theatrical event

I feel like the MCU in its entirety has run its course. The experiment worked and was a success. At this point, its like going back to the moon -- of interest but not really exciting.

As with all things, if the "next phase" of Marvel doesn't fair as well at the boxoffice, then budgets drop... budgets drop, quality suffers, less people enjoy the experience... and you can see where it all goes from there.

Nothing lasts forever. Just be glad that you were there for it.

Honestly I feel like the EG theatrical "event" has pretty much run it's course so even if it did pass Avatar (which it won't) I think it'd be pretty anticlimactic at this point. "Oh good it knocked off Avatar" and then two seconds later nobody would care, lol.

Yeah, I get what you're saying.
As much as I want to see it dethrone Avatar, I'll manage to continue living if it doesn't. I just want to see the movie again!

I feel like the MCU in its entirety has run its course. The experiment worked and was a success. At this point, its like going back to the moon -- of interest but not really exciting.

As with all things, if the "next phase" of Marvel doesn't fair as well at the boxoffice, then budgets drop... budgets drop, quality suffers, less people enjoy the experience... and you can see where it all goes from there.

Yeah, I get what you're saying.
As much as I want to see it dethrone Avatar, I'll manage to continue living if it doesn't. I just want to see the movie again!

Yep, I agree with both of these posts. The MCU up to EG is something to celebrate and will always be one of cinema's greatest success stories. And like you say Neal I look forward to revisiting it, especially having EG at home. But I do feel like it's finished and if it was going to beat Avatar I would have preferred that it happen like a month ago when all the excitement was high. Now, eh, #1 or #2, doesn't make much difference at this point.

Yea I don't know about that I think they can get another 10 years atleast out of the mcu especially if they really intend on saving x-men and fantastic four for 5 years down the line there's so many characters and stories out there that they can do sure some with be amazing some will be medocore and I'm sure a few won't hit with everyone it's not like every mcu movie has to be a box office breaking hit they have already had some clunkers for sure

MCU will always be around, the question is whether it will be relevant to the masses again in any serious way. Or will it be like other long-running mainstays that are mostly background, with the occasional blip of interest. Think Bond or even Godzilla... genres unto themselves that simply continue on whether anyone cares or not and, long after their glory period, have little impact on culture other than the occasional hit (well, not Godzilla).

Does anybody else like the grim styled posters?

vOTpcoX.jpg

It's weird looking at all the movies out in theaters after Endgame, Godzilla, Toy Story, Men in Black, Aladdin, Child's Play and later this year, Terminator, Lion King and Star Wars. It's like the End Game snap altered reality and we're in some alternate the 90's future.:horror

All through the article, before getting to the end, I was trying to figure out what she would even be getting bullied for. And evidently, it’s because they think Marvel Studios was attempting to whitewash the Iron Heart character? For one thing, that’s pure speculation on their part, but even if they believed that to be true, it’s pretty despicable to think that some how justifies bullying a little kid.

Personally I feel this is a cheat to be number 1... if it was in the film itself I would have been more curious... as a tag on it feels cheap. Avatar was already number 1 and the added footage was in the film itself so while it was a money grab it feels more legit.

Back