Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

That’s if the ticket sites don’t crash and burn :lol
Absolutely, last time this happened was with TFA and now Endgame, not even IW had this issue
When the Cineplex site kept crashing I drove down to the closet theatre to get tickets. Seemed like the logical thing to do

I wish i could had the time but the tickets went up at 7 and the movie theater open at ten, only to gambit to see if they had any seats because I couldn’t see the seating arrangement, lucky for me the drafthouse honored the fandango tickets to get my endgame mondo glass and book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having been there at opening night on PT, in my 20’s, in my experience , the hype for Endgame is no where near the hype of the PT.

However.......

The lack of the socially isolating Internet, we could visibly SEE the effects of the PT on the general population. It was in the streets, lines around the theaters, I personally waited 12 hours to get tickets first thing in the morning , for the first show that evening. Hell people were in line to get premiums from fast food restaurants...

The Internet shades much of that excitement, but also makes it much easier to get tickets.....and information, which makes the average person more involved, and not having to wait in the elements for hours. Audiences these days would never wait for EG like we waited for PT. They are too fickly and lazy. Therefore ticket sales do not really gauge excitement level as it takes little effort to obtain them.

Its easy to think we, here on this forum, are a good cross section of the average person...

But we are not.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

You were in your 20s when the pt came out. Damn I thought you like 21 for some reason

Having been there at opening night on PT, in my 20’s, in my experience , the hype for Endgame is no where near the hype of the PT.

However.......

The lack of the socially isolating Internet, we could visibly SEE the effects of the PT on the general population. It was in the streets, lines around the theaters, I personally waited 12 hours to get tickets first thing in the morning , for the first show that evening. Hell people were in line to get premiums from fast food restaurants...

The Internet shades much of that excitement, but also makes it much easier to get tickets.....and information, which makes the average person more involved, and not having to wait in the elements for hours. Audiences these days would never wait for EG like we waited for PT. They are too fickly and lazy. Therefore ticket sales do not really gauge excitement level as it takes little effort to obtain them.

Its easy to think we, here on this forum, are a good cross section of the average person...

But we are not.

I too was in my 20s when the Phantom Menace opened. We were so disappointed walking out that theater. LOL I went back and rewatched it just to see that Darth Maul fight to Duel of Fates again.

You were in your 20s when the pt came out. Damn I thought you like 21 for some reason

Thanks? LOL

Dunno guys, web sites crashing for some of the movie going public just does not rate with sitting on a side walk for 12 hours in the Florida sun, waiting to get tickets.....
;)

BTW, I didn’t have any trouble getting tickets at all. Granted I bought for Friday night, but I did buy them the minute they went live. I think we established before alot of you guys live in city areas, that always make ticket buying harder?

Oh and this.....
60c12de3a213a58f78cd7224f0bcaac1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I loved that TV-movie. Taped it, watched it over and over. Was way better than the Daredevil one.

I still have fond memories of the hulk show with Bixby and Ferrigno. I liked the movie with Thor and the Daredevil one was ok. Hard to believe Gimli was the Kingpin character against Daredevil.

Yeah
I still have fond memories of the hulk show with Bixby and Ferrigno. I liked the movie with Thor and the Daredevil one was ok. Hard to believe Gimli was the Kingpin character against Daredevil.

Same here, it was one of my favorite shows, as a kid. I got to meet Lou Ferrigno at Wizard World Con, this year. I’m not really that into getting autographs or photos with actors/celebrities or whatever, but getting to meet one of the main stars from one of my favorite shows, growing up was pretty cool! Looking back on that Trial of the Incredible Hulk movie with Daredevil and Kingpin, it’s kind of funny how close the Daredevil suit looked to the one that he wore most of the time on the Netflix show. The one with Thor was definitely better though. I loved how he kept calling Hulk, Banner’s troll. Lol

I'm guessing the director told Brie to go for smug and snotty. Because Girl, you nailed it!!!

I don't think this is the most anticipated movie ever.

I can't remember ever seeing anything that can come close to the unbridled hype over Episode One.

Agreed- Even TFA has far more excitement and anticipation. I think we are just oversaturated with CBMs and we all go but it's not the same...

Thanks for posting this. Will be selling my Audi IMMEDIATELY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how in the post-snap world, apparently someone decided to go ahead and make plastic figures of the guy that murdered half the universe.

Didn't he only appear in Wakanda, a country completely cut off from the rest of the world, only for a few minutes? I guess Wakanda probably has super secret cameras all over and got some footage of him.

So that means that Wakanda got that footage to SHIELD and SHIELD either made a custom ACTION FIGURE for that dip**** woman to play with, or some enterprising Wakandan survivor mass produced them himself.

But again, Wakanda and SHIELD are top secret. Nobody else knows what happened, who did it, why.....but if they DID, would they really buy a Thanos figure for their kids? Do Jewish people give their grandkids Hitler dolls? Do NYPD guys give their kids Bin Laden toys for Christmas?

I mean, there's a LOT to hate about that commercial, but for once, Brie "See You Next Thursday" Larson isn't it....it's the woman playing with a god damn Thanos figure.

I like how in the post-snap world, apparently someone decided to go ahead and make plastic figures of the guy that murdered half the universe.

Didn't he only appear in Wakanda, a country completely cut off from the rest of the world, only for a few minutes? I guess Wakanda probably has super secret cameras all over and got some footage of him.

So that means that Wakanda got that footage to SHIELD and SHIELD either made a custom ACTION FIGURE for that dip**** woman to play with, or some enterprising Wakandan survivor mass produced them himself.

But again, Wakanda and SHIELD are top secret. Nobody else knows what happened, who did it, why.....but if they DID, would they really buy a Thanos figure for their kids? Do Jewish people give their grandkids Hitler dolls? Do NYPD guys give their kids Bin Laden toys for Christmas?

I mean, there's a LOT to hate about that commercial, but for once, Brie "See You Next Thursday" Larson isn't it....it's the woman playing with a god damn Thanos figure.

Yeah, it's a pretty awful commercial.

Back