Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Untitled 4th Avengers film (May 3rd, 2019)

:lol :lol

Corny costumes or not that movie is going to kick serious ass.

IW2 has transcended costume design choices they could be wearing pink tutu’s it won’t matter.

With any other directors I'd have to ask what they hell are they thinking but since it's the Russos I've got to assume that these will play out awesomely on screen.

And I just watched IW2 for the fourth time overall this weekend and I can now comfortably say that I put it ahead of BB and Logan as the best cbm ever made. Bring on the trailer and official title! :rock

My guess is IW2 will rest on the shoulders of Stark, Cap and Banner.

The writers already confirmed Cap having a major role, Stark and Banner just make sense.

This is going to be a double feature opening night.

This is the first time that my anticipation for an MCU film has trumped SW for me. My excitement for Solo even ended up eclipsing the first IW. But not now. There's nothing that Rey, Finn, and Poe will be able to do to make me stand up from my seat and cheer but I can totally see that happen watching Avengers vs. Thanos Round Two play out.

I hope the CGI for Thanos is perfect from beginning to end this time because that's literally the only thing that takes me out of IW1 from time to time. Everything else about it is pretty much perfect.

I can't wait for this movie. As a kid I never would have imagined we would have these movies at all. Even when Batman came out in 89 I never thought we would have something at this scale or have an entire genre of movies. I feel lucky to be able to watch them and new Star Wars movies though I have to say Marvel has overtaken Star Wars for me though I feel that nothing can replace the original trilogy for me. Too many memories. Can't wait for all of the discussions coming up.

This is the first time that my anticipation for an MCU film has trumped SW for me. My excitement for Solo even ended up eclipsing the first IW. But not now. There's nothing that Rey, Finn, and Poe will be able to do to make me stand up from my seat and cheer but I can totally see that happen watching Avengers vs. Thanos Round Two play out.

I hope the CGI for Thanos is perfect from beginning to end this time because that's literally the only thing that takes me out of IW1 from time to time. Everything else about it is pretty much perfect.

It’s still SW for me but ONLY because of Luke and Leia.

Remove them then yes IW2 wins.

Regarding cgi Thanos I thought he was near flawless what bugged me in IW was Cull’s chain hammer flying around like a snake during the NYC battle I thought that looked bad as did Banner’s head in the HB.

Compare Thanos to Steppenwolf lol

Just sayin' tho - and the writers have flat out said they knew not everyone would be happy with IW1 - that I didn't see perfection:(. I more or less agree with film criticisms:
https://www.looper.com/119845/critics-didnt-like-avengers-infinity-war/

and could easily write a couple of pages about all the things that irritated me about IW1:(. Even "making allowances" for comic book/fantasy movies. Since the Russos were "director gawds" to me (tho I suspect at least some of the script and dragging scenes were the result of the collaboration with James Gunn e.g. I thought GOTG2 had parts that dragged as well - and IW had more bubbles too!) never would've thought that I'd sit at the end of IW1 with not much more than a massive headache (and a plastic commemorative cup).:gah:

Or watch some of my favorite characters get dusted and feel nothing. Even the neat *inexplicable* dusting that perfectly left certain cast members alive seems pedestrian - sure, a *random* removal of 1/2 characters would end up that way. Uh-huh. Guess Thanos is a fan of the "original Avengers".:monkey3

I'll watch IW2 of course. But I've already resigned myself to spoiling the **** out of myself (I'll never listen to the Russos or Feige again) and IW2 being another commercial esp. for Spidey and Captain Marvel. Too bad for me - thought IW1 would be THE movie for me. Figure IW2 will be too crowded, and IMO a lot of the times a "build-up" film is my favorite (like the Two Towers). Since the Russos have already commented on the "purity" of the writing process for IW2, don't see why IW2 would be any better for me than IW1.

Russo and his brother aren't watching the numbers though. They want to focus on producing the type of story they want to tell. "You know, it's always an agenda of ours to block out the outside noise because it can lead you to make some bad choices with the material," Russo said. "We've learned over the years just to listen to ourselves, and it's great that there's two of us that we can have conversations with each other."

Production on Avengers 4 started and finished before the numbers came in for Infinity War, so Russo believes the "purity" of the film is still intact. Neither brother could be swayed by what people said worked and what people said didn't work for Infinity War.

Sass you can’t scare Khev about IW2 don’t even bother

94735576-D8A5-4CF2-A789-1449B2EDBDCC.jpg

Last edited:

I am sooooo not prepared for Cap’s arc to play out as expected.

When Superman died in BvS I yawned lol

It’s still SW for me but ONLY because of Luke and Leia.

Remove them then yes IW2 wins.

Regarding cgi Thanos I thought he was near flawless what bugged me in IW was Cull’s chain hammer flying around like a snake during the NYC battle I thought that looked bad as did Banner’s head in the HB.

Compare Thanos to Steppenwolf lol

Steppenwolf. :lol Thanos had three Steppenwolfs as henchmen, lol. And yeah Banner's head in the Hulkbuster sucked but on repeat viewings I'm finding it's Thanos' CGI that is the bigger make or break deal. At least he looks great when it matters most.

We'll see on Episode IX after they release a trailer. If it's true that it will be flashback heavy showing a younger Jedi Master Luke kicking ass then that could definitely change things.

:lol :lol

MCU (throwing Rian Johnson down): "Book 'im."

RT: "What's the charge?"

MCU: "He's a franchise killer."

:lol :lol :lol

Aw man. That reminds me of another really good Robocop/something else splice you did one time. I should have bookmarked the post, I'd never find it now. I think it was the Bob Morton/Jones confrontation in the OCP toilets.

Maybe going into your profile and looking at 'latest posts', then going very many pages deep :lol Could have been a year and a half ago with the way time flies, who knows.

Here it is and of course I was responding to you. :lol

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180146&p=9742171&viewfull=1#post9742171

That's how you make it in the big leagues Johnson, you see an opening for a movie reference you GO for it

I remember when I was a young fan of this Saga. I used to call the PT funny names. Iron Butt. Boner. Once I even called them...non-canon. But there was always respect. I always knew where the line was drawn, and you just stepped over it, buddy-boy. You've insulted me and you've insulted this forum with that bastard film reference.

I had guaranteed rep with teet sucking Luke. Apologist theories, memes for 25 years, who cares if Hamill himself thought it worked or not? :panic: :cuss

Back