Aussie collector's.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninjaknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
Where do you guys get your 1/6 scale fix from?

Locally or internationally?

I usually get my stuff from SSC and was wondering if there were any cheaper alternatives?

Cheers!

I usually hit eBay sellers with free shipping.

Casefresh.com.au sells a lot of stuff, as does sagacentral.com.au, though the latter is mainly Star Wars gear.

Also popcultcha.com.au

I have a good place local that can source most of the in production stock though. If you live in Sydney there's a shop in Blacktown shopping centre.

^ Those tricky apostrophes always make me laugh. :lol

Where do you guys get your 1/6 scale fix from?
As mentioned, there are a few places locally - Saga Central is great. Case Fresh is not on top of things right now, they've been meaning to update their site for the past whenever, & are only just shipping out orders that are months old (not their fault - suppliers are to blame). Another local e-Tailer is 'Delforce Collectibles'.. haven't really dealt with them though.

There's also places like local gaming stores that get the HT SSC stuff as well. If you've got a mall nearby, check one out.

Last edited:
Apostrophe ftw.

I buy direct from SS coz the dollar is strong and they have a payment plan which local retailers don't. Taking several small hits is better than one big one to the bank balance.

I'd recomend Pop Cultcha also. I don't think it's their policy but for your more expensive items you can always hit them up and ask for a payment plan, I did it once and was pleasantly surprised that they would considered it.

BTW I'm in a sitch and regretably have to offload some of my Sideshow Exclusive collection. Considering how expensive it is trying to get these ones in to Aus, I'm selling to Australia only on eBay @ smartartist* first befor I open up international. Do we have an Aussie collector section hidden away here somewhere I can spread the good word?

I've purchased from PopCultcha occasionally, especially if they have some sort of discount to go with it.

Otherwise, international's the way to go.

I'd recomend Pop Cultcha also. I don't think it's their policy but for your more expensive items you can always hit them up and ask for a payment plan, I did it once and was pleasantly surprised that they would considered it.

BTW I'm in a sitch and regretably have to offload some of my Sideshow Exclusive collection. Considering how expensive it is trying to get these ones in to Aus, I'm selling to Australia only on eBay @ smartartist* first befor I open up international. Do we have an Aussie collector section hidden away here somewhere I can spread the good word?

There is the for sale or trade section of the board mate but you gotta ask the mod Darklord Dave for access - if you've got good ebay feedback etc it not a problem then u can list your items in there mate!:peace:peace

SSC and BBTS from the US.

Angolz, HLJ and AmiAmi from SE Asia.

Unless there is a sale on, I've never found it cheaper to buy from an Oz seller. They just don't have the stock volume to be able to offer their stuff cheaper than what it costs me from buying them from OS sellers myself.

I agree, I don't bother with local retailers for the same reasons - plus there's the extra time involved in it being shipped to them first then on to you - and then its in the hands of Australia Post! A fate worse than death for collectibles I've found.

I've probably taken a hit with some of my recent purchases through local channels, but a lot of the stuff I have bought has been via sales.

Never had a problem with AUS Post personally, but I've heard a few horror stories, yeah..

I've never had a problem with Oz post either. I thought they enjoyed a really good reputation - maybe it's a regional thing :dunno

They seem to take ****ing ages to send stuff to me and then if its damaged they just shrug at me and say 'the shipper should have packed it better.' despite my paying insurance for exactly the kind of damage their delivery buttheads cause. *******.

Back