Attn: Custom Artists!! Newbs, ask Questions here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here'll be something simple. Easy simple way to make a head HT compatible?

You could use a dremel to cut hollow out the bottom of the neck to fit a HT neck joint (if you head has a neck) then super glue it together. If your head does not have a neck then you can try hollowing out the bottom of the head with a dremel and this attachment.

https://www.lowes.com/pd_94695-353-107_0__?productId=1114213&Ntt=dremel&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Ddremel%26page%3D2&facetInfo=

Start by going straight in. then move around in a circle on the inside until the hole looks big enough to fit. Stop frequently to test fit. If you make the hole to big then it will be too loose. I would practice on a less important head if possible.

Question that I'm sure has been answered many times before:

How can I remove 1/6 scale heads from the body or neck post, depending on the body type?

Could I get a quick lesson or a link on 'Futzing 101'? Ya know, making the clothes look better, seem like they have weight and a good fit to the body.

Question that I'm sure has been answered many times before:

How can I remove 1/6 scale heads from the body or neck post, depending on the body type?

If it is b/c the head is "stuck" on the neck you can put it in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes. This will heat up the plastic making it soft and easier to pop off. I had to do this with my Hot Toys TT body. The head just would not come off the neck without heating it up in boiling water. Be careful not to over heat though. You don't want to snap the bottom of the neck joint.

I have a question about painting "leather jackets." For example, I have a Hans coat for my Gambit custom that I would prefer to be Dark Brown, and one day perhaps making the Art Figures Avenger coat a blue color (see below). How does one do this so well?

6311881972_0bb000becf_b.jpg

The only thing you need to change the color of "leather" is acrylic paint in the desired color. No special additives or sealants needed. Just paint the coat the color you want and let it dry. The paint should stick right to the surface and remain flexible. Once it is done, you shouldn't even be able to tell that the new color wasn't the original color.

A rather off topic question, though I was using nail polish remover to take paint off a head. I inhaled quite a bit of it and now got a bit of a sore throat :sick

Is this stuff really harmful? :(

I've got two questions regarding switching the bodies of Sideshow Star Wars figures, and I apologize if this is the wrong place or if they have been asked before (and I'm sure they have, but I can't find anything)

First is that I want to switch one of my Jedi to a prometheus I have and was wondering what to do about the boots since the prometheus does not have any feet.

Secondly, I know that hot water is used to remove the Sideshow heads from the buck body, but I was wondering if they would then fit on Hot Toys True-type neck adapters? I do have a narrow shoulder TT on the way and was wondering if there was anything else I should know regarding a switch.

Last edited:
I've got two questions regarding switching the bodies of Sideshow Star Wars figures, and I apologize if this is the wrong place or if they have been asked before (and I'm sure they have, but I can't find anything)

First is that I want to switch one of my Jedi to a prometheus I have and was wondering what to do about the boots since the prometheus does not have any feet.

Secondly, I know that hot water is used to remove the Sideshow heads from the buck body, but I was wondering if they would then fit on Hot Toys True-type neck adapters? I do have a narrow shoulder TT on the way and was wondering if there was anything else I should know about regarding a switch.

I want to know this too! (is the buck body the one on Kit, Plo, Maul, etc.?)

Yup, and all three of those are ones I'm considering switching to a TT or Pro (I have one of each body right now).

I want to do the exact same thing! I really dont like the buck body but I'm worried about what will have to be done to get the hands and head to transfer...

I want to do the exact same thing! I really dont like the buck body but I'm worried about what will have to be done to get the hands and head to transfer...

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with AOTC Obi-Wan who I want to put on a TT because TT's come with feet, I can use the human hands that come with the TT, and I can use the ball jointed head from Clonobi. For the rest I'll have to use the original heads with sculpted necks and I'm not sure either about what to do with the figures who use alien hands like Kit and Plo. I wonder if hot toys hand pegs fit them? I'll have to check it out later.

Edit: Kit Fisto's hand seems to fit perfectly on the HT Bruce Lee hand peg I just tried, so that rules out that problem. Only thing concerning me now about switching these to TT's is the heads.

Last edited:
A rather off topic question, though I was using nail polish remover to take paint off a head. I inhaled quite a bit of it and now got a bit of a sore throat :sick Is this stuff really harmful? :(

yes, it is....obviously

I should rephrase that question :lol

I guess it kills brain cells which isn't good. I read it can cause cancer though I'm hoping me breathing it it this one time wont cause any major long term damage. With all the chemicals used in resins, silicone and paint remover does anyone use a breathing mask when using this stuff? I'm probably going to do that from now on. Not taking any more chances :S

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with AOTC Obi-Wan who I want to put on a TT because TT's come with feet, I can use the human hands that come with the TT, and I can use the ball jointed head from Clonobi. For the rest I'll have to use the original heads with sculpted necks and I'm not sure either about what to do with the figures who use alien hands like Kit and Plo. I wonder if hot toys hand pegs fit them? I'll have to check it out later.

Edit: Kit Fisto's hand seems to fit perfectly on the HT Bruce Lee hand peg I just tried, so that rules out that problem. Only thing concerning me now about switching these to TT's is the heads.

I figured the wrist pegs would work...the heads "should" fit on the TT, but they might need the adapter...

I guess it kills brain cells which isn't good. I read it can cause cancer though I'm hoping me breathing it it this one time wont cause any major long term damage. With all the chemicals used in resins, silicone and paint remover does anyone use a breathing mask when using this stuff? I'm probably going to do that from now on. Not taking any more chances :S

The mask will help to a degree but you need to work in a well ventilated area

Absolutely everything these days seems to cause cancer so I think you'll be fine.

Back