Attn: Custom Artists!! Newbs, ask Questions here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can anyone tell me what those are called?
and how can i find more of them ?any help would be helpful..
DSCN2793.jpg

Question about sewing patterns for 12".

I'd like to help a friend of mine on sewing cloths for 12" figures, and, first step would be adequate sewing patterns I reckon. Would anyone here know where to find these? Patterns for basic items like shirt, trousers, vest would be enough for a start. Can anyone please help me find these? Any information on making 12" cloths would be interesting and helpful. Thanks in advance!

I originally posted this in the Indy Customization thread but since no one answered there maybe I can get some answers here...

Here is a WIP picture of my second head painting attempt. My first one was the SS GI Joe Dusty and it turned out pretty well. I had fun doing it so I decided Indy would be my next project. I still have to finish the lips, eyes, stubble and touch up work but can I get some opinions on the skin tone? Should I add a little color to the forehead, cheeks, etc? I don't know if I should just add a little red to the base skin tone I have mixed up and drybrush it or if I should try the pastel route. As far as the stubble, if I go the pastel route can someone walk me through it a little bit. I have some dark grey pastel that I ground down. Do I just lightly drybrush it on to blend it in or do I have to use a damp brush to blend it into the paint on the sculpt?

As a complete paining newb, any and all advice is helpful! Thanks!

p1050916t.jpg

p1050913d.jpg

p1050914w.jpg

Ive got a paint rub on the nose of my Enterbay Game of Death bruce lee any recommendations regarding the paint I should use to mask it? Thanks :wave

I want to tone down the weathering on my SS Sandtroopers. Any advice on what to use to remove the stock weathering that won't harm the armor?

I have not read through all 19 pages but has anyone coverd clothing I.E. making loose clothes fit better?

I've only modded the odd shirt and pant here and there. for the pants I turned them inside out and just re-sewed the leg seams tighter (the waist fit fine, the legs were just too baggy) Pretty easy to do.

I took a shirt in for a slim body by basically cutting an almost 1/2 strip straight up the back and then re-sewed it. It doesn't look too pretty from behind, but it's not like I'm going to display it backwards. And the shirt looks way better.

I fully admit I haven't read the entire thread but I have a couple of very simple and basic questions:

1) What material does Sideshow use for it's 1/6 heads?

and

2) What material do they use for weapons/accessories?

I'm considering doing some casting and want to use what they use or as close as possible on a retail level. Thanks for the help!

I have a One's Customs Michael Myers headsculpt. What type of body is suitable for his custom heads?

So this question is kind of strange for this thread but how can you remove the writing from say a hot toys stand so that you can use it for another figure. Is there something that will remove the painted on writing easily. I tried goo gone and it didnt work and I tried heating it up and that didnt work either. I thought about a light sand paper but was afraid that would damage the stand. Any ideas would be appreciated and if it is not possible to do please let me know that too.

I have an extra Mystique Comiquette that I want to paint the dress black. I was wondering what kind of paint to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or can anyone photoshop this pic so I can see what it will look like

mystique.jpg

Can anyone recommend a 1/6 body as thin or thinner than the hot toys slim? Or possibly an articulated armature that is strong and will hold a pose....need it for a custom i am working on. Thanks!

Back