Astronaut vs Caveman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would win?

• Astronaut

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Caveman

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters
All these people saying the astronaut would "know how to hit" and "know where to hit"... he's an astronaut, where in his training is advanced martial arts?

The person who said the cavemen has to fight for everything is exactly correct, and because of that the caveman has martial training. The caveman has superior fighting instincts, reactions to violent situations. And his muscles are developed for these actions because has has had to do them regularly.

A human can't beat a chimp and they are smaller than a caveman would be.

This is of course assuming that the parameters are an empty handed fight, there were no parameters given so...

I'd say the Cave Man
He would be physically stronger and his will to survive would be greater than that of a Cocky astronaut

All these people saying the astronaut would "know how to hit" and "know where to hit"... he's an astronaut, where in his training is advanced martial arts?

Martial arts, none. Who said only martial artists know how to fight...
I think it was Sheppard had been a boxer in college. Glenn was a Marine, and we still make them all go to Infantry training. The Government forces astronauts to go through training for physical endurance, not to menton peak health.

Cavemen (Generic as hell, what type of ancient man) would have NO knowledge of proper diet, and they arnt bulky and ripped like people like to seem. Not to mention a complete lack of basic intelligence in knowing what actions or sounds another fighter might take.

Smaller, maybe same strength, with a fraction of the intelligence. My money is on modern man.
If apes would win constantly in a fight, why are they in zoos?

This whole arugment loses due to it being fought over by the prettyboy angels from the show "Angel".

I think it was Sheppard had been a boxer in college. Glenn was a Marine, and we still make them all go to Infantry training. The Government forces astronauts to go through training for physical endurance, not to menton peak health.

Cavemen (Generic as hell, what type of ancient man) would have NO knowledge of proper diet, and they arnt bulky and ripped like people like to seem. Not to mention a complete lack of basic intelligence in knowing what actions or sounds another fighter might take.

Smaller, maybe same strength, with a fraction of the intelligence. My money is on modern man.

This whole arugment loses due to it being fought over by the prettyboy angels from the show "Angel".

Apes are in zoos because man has tranquilizer guns and nets.

Man vs Great Ape.......my money is on the ape.

-Anyone who fights in real fights all the time will beat a guy who has had only training. Which one is the martial artist? The guy who wins. The instinctual fighter.

-Cavemen didn't have any choice but to be on the proper diet. It was all they had.

-A chimp can rip you apart:

object>

-Animals are usually porportionately stronger than humans and it is shocking how strong a small chimp can be. Early man would have had more in common with an animal.

-Notice her ask them to bring a gun all time?

-The only thing we have over an animal in a fight is that we managed to be smart enough to build weapons to compensate for how we got screwed in the brute strengh department. The question is, how does a creature evolve to a weaker state? Why are we bigger than a chimp but not even a tenth perhaps of it's brute force?

-They wouldn't be in zoos if we had to put them by hand.

ape will straight up kill you - why are they in zoos indeed. caveman for the win. Especially since the paramiters given were no weapons - everyone seemd to be forgetting this.

-

Anyone who fights in real fights all the time will beat a guy who has had only training. Which one is the martial artist? The guy who wins. The instinctual fighter.

object>

-Animals are usually porportionately stronger than humans and it is shocking how strong a small chimp can be. Early man would have had more in common with an animal.

-Notice her ask them to bring a gun all time?

Dude, do you honetly think Cavemen (again very generic term) just did cavematches, no, they worked as a squad. They also had mutliple injuires they learned to avoid. Its ignorant to think a single caveman is nothing but brute force, if you are injured you couldnt fight and you were too weak to help thus, CONDITIONING would mean he would be more cautious and not a rampaging monster that you people keep insisting.

I never said that they couldnt, I said that if you put a CHIMP vs a human its never 100%.

Notice how she also says her friend is dead over and over, and she isnt.(Pretty terrible friend, wont even help her just sits screaming and crying) Not a very good use for a fact dude, it was a panicing woman with no sense of calm. She was just screaming whatever came to mind.

Not to mention this is a discussion on fighting, not making excuses due to diet. I said they had a weaker diet, plain and simple. Reason isnt important of why, they just did and it IS a factor. Its called looking at the whole pictures.

Wow... I've read some stupid comments in this board...
but this one, has to be one of the worst ones ever... :horror

When you say chimps are mindless killers and they would win 100x over, then ya. I stand by my quote, but hey thanks for doing nothing but jumping on the bandwagon chief. Why are they put in zoos because MAN outsmarted them. You dont read the whole statment, add insult without giving anything to back the argument up.

Being smarter will always overpower mindless rage. Again, a moot topic, what was that 1960's tv show with astronauts and cavemen?

Last edited:
You missed the point... sorry...
If you wand I can take the time to explain why to you... :rolleyes:

I dont "wand", your point was "I made the dumbest comment on this board." Don't backpedal now buddy, you made such a compelling argument :rotfl

In a hand to hand vs a great ape. A person wouldnt stand a chance, but "Cavemen" arn't apes.

:lol so if your not fighting people over michael jackson then your fighting over chimps? You crack me up.....:lol

I noticed that too, didnt MJ have a chimp named bubbles? To much MJ makes men build neverland

Nevertheless, I think the specifics need to be defined, What exactly does he mean caveman. Are there limitations, as well as what type of battleground. I also would change my vote if its a modern day caveman, we have become so reliant on technology it wouldnt work out well. But since cavemen didnt really have any collective fighting "Style" just action it would be interesting. I still stand by astronaut.

I think we should all feel ashamed debating an argument from the TV show "Angel"

Last edited:
I would find the term "nice" as contributing, not just insulting with no point but jumping on a bandwagon. But , hey, its the internet there are tons of e-thugs around every corner.

I just dont really grasp the whole argument, there leaves way to much like the actual term of "caveman" and enviroment details, as well as what type of astronaut wether he is seasoned or not.

Its like in my philosophy class, the prof. had us write a 5 page essay with the only question was ...

"Why"

the kid next to me just wrote, "Why not?" That kid had balls, I only say that because I wish I came up with it.

Back