Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking figure but the armor is a weak point at the knees for me. Body feels a bit weak so I'm hoping the new body shipping with the next release will do the trick. I still need to water treat the frabic but overall it looks great.
20131010_200826_zps24bb8faa.jpg

Cool. It just seems weird to me putting the joints and metal into water. I will probably ship mine from BBTS soon.

Mine arrives today! :yess:

After reading this thread I think a water treatment isnt such a bad way to do.

So to be clear, I just run this bad boy under a faucet to wet the clothing... pose and let dry?

I opened it up and love it! I will definitely wet the clothing if needed. The only thing that throws me off is the hole in the helmet on the right side. Thats not accurate right?

Here's mine. Love it, so happy Asmus picked up this line. The box is nice, metal parts are great and overall presence of the figure is topnotch. Bad things to me IMO: hands are hard to swap, articulated finger hands are fragile, leg and arm armor is cheap.

Soaked the robes for a while and looks better now. This also made the clothing a bit more scuffy looking, but I like that. Now I am trying to figure out what pose he is going to get.

Last edited:
I opened it up and love it! I will definitely wet the clothing if needed. The only thing that throws me off is the hole in the helmet on the right side. Thats not accurate right?

I think the helm is pretty spot-on, and considering the fact that there was a combo of live actor/CGI on screen it would be hard to determine what's actually accurate.

Last edited:
Amazing what a difference the water makes. I drenched the clothes and positioned it all where I want it to fall. So much better! I recommend this for anyone. It turns this from a toy into a true 1/6 masterpiece. The only thing I am having issues with is getting the sheath in properly. I feel like I am missing a loop on the belt.

This is an AWESOME shot!

WP_20131011_23_38_37_Pro.jpg

Wow! Hmm, maybe I should put it on a HT body myself. Now I know the armor on the arms and legs, hands, feet and cloth are easily removable. But what about the head and shoulder armor, is it glued on or something?

Back