Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received mine today. Have to say I was initially hesitant of the weathering from the photos already posted, in hand it looks absolutely amazing and I'm very happy with him.

Damn.. A detolf is my only display option :/ Guess I'll have to get creative with posing him..

Received mine today......EPIC figure apart from the wrists which are a little loose ( it can still hold the sword up though) and the poseable hands being a little chunky, this Is close to a home run IMO.i can't imagine stripping the guy to ever know if he's taped or not and the top seems to be dealing with the weight. I may give this guy the water treatment but I'm not sure he needs it the material sort of flows in that ethereal kind of way.

WARNING...... Remove the head before swapping hands . You could seriously loose an eye if he flicks up in your hand :monkey2

Last edited:
Can anyone with the figure in hand take a picture with a squatting type pose in a detolf, I want to see if its even close to looking good like that. Might have to cancel if not since I don't have space outside the detolfs

I would think you could get a decent looking pose. I don't have mine yet but I would imagine one with him lunging forward with the mace or looking down over his fallen foe could work.

Problem is, if all the figures are taped, it may hinder giving him a squat, and if you get to do it, the tape would most probably be displaced, leaving those sticky residue.

Btw, I asked BBTS about the tape thing and here is the response I got:

"Thank you for your email. We would never sell an item that has electrical tape holding a body together. Unfortunately our order is still a Preorder and I am unable to confirm the condition of the item from our vendor just yet. If we do receive our shipment and discover they are all defective we would contact our customer prior to shipping. Again, if you receive a defective figure from us we are willing to work with you to either receive a replacement or a refund. "

I would think you could get a decent looking pose. I don't have mine yet but I would imagine one with him lunging forward with the mace or looking down over his fallen foe could work.

I don't tend to pose my figures too much, basic pose then leave it, I didn't try to do squat pose but at the same time the legs didn't feel to rigid

"Thank you for your email. We would never sell an item that has electrical tape holding a body together. Unfortunately our order is still a Preorder and I am unable to confirm the condition of the item from our vendor just yet. If we do receive our shipment and discover they are all defective we would contact our customer prior to shipping. Again, if you receive a defective figure from us we are willing to work with you to either receive a replacement or a refund. "

They've got a big surprise coming.....

Also, mine arrives today. All the way from Hong Kong. Curious to see the condition.

Hopefully this doesn't get the whole order canceled. :horror

I couldn't get mine to squat because of the tape but you can always mod a shelf to gain a few inches like peeps have done for thier Hulks, and have i done for some of my shelves already.

I just did it to mine on Sunday. Buy 4x 1/4" or 3/16" (6mm) wire clamps, I used the 3/16" ones, take out the shelf you want to raise or lower and then figure out where you need it to end up. You could mark a pole with tape, then measure to see how high up that is from the next shelf, then match that measurement on the other 4, mark them off, then install the wire clamps. You will have to do some fiddling and adjusting to get the shelf to sit flat but overall it's a very easy process... 15 minutes tops and that's if you're a spaz like me.

Last edited:
All you need to do is buy two rods and tie them securely with fishing line to the vertical frame and the horizontals above , should be secure enough to hold glass and one figure

Just unofficial news,

we will give away a an Asmus own free upgraded body for Morgul Lord in our next 1/6 LOTR figure. so buyers can swap the body themselves...

(but I guess with me saying it, would make it official...)

Back