Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check eBay every single day for this figure. Nothing. I would love a second run in some form of this.
I'd buy any Hobbit figures that are done.

how do you guys style the hair? i am so bad at it

Well mine is rehaired...so it's a lot thicker than the original...the way it's placed helps mine when styling....but for the original I washed the hair gently than combed with a kids soft bristle tooth brush extremely gently....I'm not the best stylist though lol 20180215_003834.jpg20180215_003810.jpg20180215_003750.jpg

thanks for the tip guys, is the crown thing on his head removable?

@Dresky how long did you dip the head for?

So it's glued to the head where the jewel is...if you remove it be very careful...the jewel can fall out...then it's also glued to the hair...so when I washed out the original hair...I disconnected the hair from the crown...not the face sculpt...and washed out the glue left over from the crown...depending on how your crown is glued to the hair...it may effect how your able to style it....again....be very careful with the attachment to the head that jewel is small...and ifor it comes out...or the crown comes off...it may be hard to reattach correctly

Yes the crown is removable (i removed mine to fix the hair), but it leaves a mark on the forehead, so you'll want to either reglue it back or just leave it loose on his head. Like DarkAllen said, be careful, this thing is fragile. It's easy to unglue, but you need to take your time.

For the dipping, there's no recipe. Put it in hot (not boiling) water and try to undo the hair gently with your fingers. Some spots will be tougher to undo, so you'll need the toothpick.

Man, you guys are brave!
With only 600 of these made, there's no way I'd feel comfortable modding mine!

Seems like a lot of people want this, but ... would it be profitable for Asmus to do a second run? Obviously, pre-orders the first time around were anemic, thus the 600-piece production run. I'm sure they'd get some sales just because the first run dried up so fast, but would they get enough to turn a profit? Given the low interest in the other Hobbit releases, it's doubtful.

I know that the industry in general likes to work with pre-orders to determine production runs but I get the feeling that more and more people are uncomfortable with pre-ordering and like to wait to see and even watch/read reviews on a figure before actually buying the final product.

This figure I think was one of these oddities that people just want regardless of whether they liked the film or not, it kind of crosses boundary's that way, I recon if the did a second run of 600 they could sell them no problem.

I remember that people laughed at this figure and were very harsh with it (and with Asmus). A classic case of "Worst figure ever bla bla"... Then when it released, a few of us started to post in-hand pics and people started to regret not preordering.

Man, you guys are brave!
With only 600 of these made, there's no way I'd feel comfortable modding mine!

Haha well I have a guy I trust to rehaired any figure and that was really the most drastic mod I personally made...I added height becouse he seemed short to me...easy as getting ankle extendors....the Cape is only attached by two pieces of string so just untied those...the new cape I put in is actually velcro under the shoulder armour so that is not permanent...then the wing pieces I extended I actually got those off ebay....so my mods didn't really do to much outside of the hair....I didn't mind the hair...I just needed thicker hair to style better and I think it turned out great

I remember that people laughed at this figure and were very harsh with it (and with Asmus). A classic case of "Worst figure ever bla bla"... Then when it released, a few of us started to post in-hand pics and people started to regret not preordering.

I remember defending this figure not on this thread but other places

I know that the industry in general likes to work with pre-orders to determine production runs but I get the feeling that more and more people are uncomfortable with pre-ordering and like to wait to see and even watch/read reviews on a figure before actually buying the final product.

This figure I think was one of these oddities that people just want regardless of whether they liked the film or not, it kind of crosses boundary's that way, I recon if the did a second run of 600 they could sell them no problem.

I think you nailed it....I know this and hot toys anakin are the only figures I have pre-ordered in a long time...otherwise I wait for reviews....I know though I will probably complete this line haha

And in case any one is wondering my hair guy.....lol....is Shane poole...his Facebook page is 1/6 custom hairing....DOES A WONDERFUL JOB....he has my legolas, tauriel, and sarumon right now as a matter of fact.

These rooted hair figures look so much Barbie like, how can you collect Barbies and get excited?
I don't understand you guys at all.
As a 1/6th collector ,I am so disappointed that Asmus is actually listening to you guys and making rooted hair, especially for gimli.

These rooted hair figures look so much Barbie like, how can you collect Barbies and get excited?
I don't understand you guys at all.
As a 1/6th collector ,I am so disappointed that Asmus is actually listening to you guys and making rooted hair, especially for gimli.

Why don't you just make this your signature? You put it in every comment you post anyway. :cuckoo:

Back