Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely curious if anyone else has had this issue. Hopefully the below photos show up - forum is acting weird for me today.

I heard zero reports of staining before finally giving in and buying him. Bummed.

IMG_8945.jpgIMG_8944.jpgIMG_8943.jpg

Last edited:
Just checked mine and it was starting to go on one side of his lower jaw where it was touching the tunic there is a very small black spot there so glad I've seen this as I managed to adjust him in time.

Argh so mine does have a stain. It’s under the chin and not super noticeable with how I currently have him displayed. Well that stinks.

So it's his collar causing the staining? I wasn't sure if maybe the cloak had touched his face during shipping.

Maybe tilt his chin up a bit, to be safe. His hair may become stained as well, though...

Mine was stained a bit as well, can't really notice it yet, so I put his hair to protect his skin. Maybe it goes away if we use an eraser? Or a cottonswab with alcohol?

Mine was stained a bit as well, can't really notice it yet, so I put his hair to protect his skin. Maybe it goes away if we use an eraser? Or a cottonswab with alcohol?

Just so you know, that probably means his hair will get stained instead. Never seen stained hair before I bought this figure. :slap

Some people swear by those Magic Erasers (never did a thing for me), while others recommend Oxy 10, an acne cream (I think you can try any acne cream with a large amount of benzoyl peroxide in it).

LUMOS did you get rid of this figure? MP me if your putting him on the amrket
If anyone’s in need of Thranduil (who in turn needs some TLC due to issues) shoot me a PM. He’s sadly not growing on me. Really just not fond of this outfit. I was surprised - it stained the face on my figure, AND some bits of his hair. :mad: Not pleased. Has this happened to anyone else?

Well it took them quite a while, but Entertainment Earth finally outright cancelled my order of Thranduil. :lol Really wish Asmus would rerelease this figure, even without the really cool base.

Not sure if there’s really only 10 available, but I wasn’t taking a chance on missing this. Looks like I’m jumping on the Hobbit line after all.

There’s no way there’s only ten. I’ve seen more than a few people already comment about getting one on the Facebook post. I myself got one. He should have sold out as fast as Dante, theoretically. Scratch that. Even faster. His stock has completely dried up. He’s a $400+ figure on eBay, as of a month ago.

Really wish they would reissue this. There is obviously a demand for another run of it!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I think they only did 300 the first release. If they made their money back on him already they could try a smaller run without the base. The way prices have been going up they probably could charge $180 for a barebones figure that they already made back their design and development costs on and sell enough to not loose on it. Still it would have to be a small run 150 maybe? That might even be too many.

They made 600 initially. I could see another $150 being successful sellers, if they improved the hair a bit and knocked the base out of the package.

Back