Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an update email from Entertainment Earth, which I assumed would be pushing him back to February, but no, it still says he's due this month! I don't want to hope, but I can't help it. :lol

Email from EE:

The information we include on our website, and send to our clients comes to us directly from the manufacturer. As of our last contact with Asmus Toys this morning, they are still maintaining their plan to stock us on the next 2-4 weeks.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Email from EE:

The information we include on our website, and send to our clients comes to us directly from the manufacturer. As of our last contact with Asmus Toys this morning, they are still maintaining their plan to stock us on the next 2-4 weeks.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
This is promising. :D

Is this a re-release? slim release? Will anyone else be getting them in stock? Will Asmus have any on their site?

Is this a re-release? slim release? Will anyone else be getting them in stock? Will Asmus have any on their site?

Have never known them to do a re-release or make more of a figure other than doing slim versions, and there was no mention of that.

Made some changes to my Thranduil...rehaired....new cape...added about an inch to his height...new metal swords that he holds much better...and extended those wing armor pieces on the back...a lot of Lititle stuff but I think helps add a lot to the figure 20180127_112702.jpg20180127_112647.jpg20180127_112633.jpg20180127_112557.jpg

Looks great !!

Asmus, any thoughts on why certain vendors say they're still expecting more of this figure to be in stock?
Will you revisit this figure and throw a bone to all the collectors who missed out on the small initial run?

Asmus, any thoughts on why certain vendors say they're still expecting more of this figure to be in stock?
Will you revisit this figure and throw a bone to all the collectors who missed out on the small initial run?

This is what I was wondering, I would really like to get a hold of this figure if there is another run on the way? Is it being re-stocked?

I assume the "to be in stock" thing is prob just a default mode the site gives when they sell out but haven't had any sort of official cancellation of any more stock coming in by the company?

I know I say this practically every month, but we're halfway through this month and my Entertainment Earth order page still says February, so could this be it? (Probably not, but I like to hope. :D) As EE is unlikely to ever fulfill these orders, I hope there's maybe a second run in the pipeline from Asmus? Or maybe even a slim version? I'd honestly buy two of them at this point (my girlfriend really wants a Thranduil too :lol), so please Asmus? :pray:

Honestly I grabbed this release but what I would really love to see is a desolation of Smaug version with him in his robes and possible with his throne. I don't know if Asmus would do it but I would totally buy another if they did that version.

I know I say this practically every month, but we're halfway through this month and my Entertainment Earth order page still says February, so could this be it? (Probably not, but I like to hope. :D) As EE is unlikely to ever fulfill these orders, I hope there's maybe a second run in the pipeline from Asmus? Or maybe even a slim version? I'd honestly buy two of them at this point (my girlfriend really wants a Thranduil too :lol), so please Asmus? :pray:

We are having discussion of the possibility,
however, there were only 600 pc sold at the time,
and it is way too few

Our conclusion is The Hobbit movie is the reason, Bard (I thought was wonderful) Tauriel all sold poorly compare to The LOTR sereis.

We are having discussion of the possibility,
however, there were only 600 pc sold at the time,
and it is way too few

Our conclusion is The Hobbit movie is the reason, Bard (I thought was wonderful) Tauriel all sold poorly compare to The LOTR sereis.

Bard is a great figure and obviously the Tauriel figure was beset with a major production issue so a lot of people (myself included) held back on buying her until it's fixed. Your Thranduil however is stunning and at this stage deserves a second run as people are clamouring for it! Even as a Slim version without the base.

Bard was a good figure just not a great character choice, Tauriel wasn't a great figure and also not a great character choice, Thranduil however was a fantastic figure and a great character choice and I would definitely have one if there was another issue.

Back