Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is the closest that Asmus has come on getting a head sculpt right. It's close...but something still just seems every so slightly off. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person on Saturday when I hit NYCC. Hopefully the pictures just don't do it justice.

Loved this figure at NYCC today! IMG_4663.JPGIMG_4661.JPGIMG_4660.JPG

I hope Thranduil sells well so that Asmus will make more Hobbit figures. It's crazy to me that we don't have a Bilbo or any of the Dwarves from the film. Bilbo and Thorin are the main characters, for Pete's sake.

I have a feeling that all Asmus sculpts are squished, and most have problems with too narrow head, and eye position respectively.

I buy the Asmus baddies. This will be an exception. This is one truly amazing figure that I will gladly purchase even though he is on the wrong side.

Would be cool to have his autumn crown and staff as exclusives.

005tqpMwjw1elk1tyjp4qj30zk0k044b.jpg

Would be cool to have his autumn crown and staff as exclusives.

They did make a staff at one point. If you scroll back to the very first pics of the unfinished proto in this thread, he has it. I wonder if they'll be including it. I hope so.

But the staff and crown really go with his throne room outfit which would be a totally different version. A non-armored throne room Thranduil would be very cool, but I'm not sure he's a character that would warrant a second figure.

Last edited:
Having seen this in person today at the Asmus Booth in NYCC, it looks way better than the way the pictures seem to portray it so far.

Wonder when he'll go up for sale. Still think his face is too thin and narrow but I might be tempted... Really love Thranduil.

002.jpg

Not the most popular character, but from The Hobbit, there isn't many at all.
We are testing to see if we can do up to 40~60 % of armours in die-cast metal.

Back