Asmus Toys LOTR.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they don't hit all at once.

Hopefully they hit. My fear is they are going to spend so much on R and D of future product that if they have 1 product that doesn't perform well they won't have the capital to continue this line. It bothers me that we have more or less known about Aragorn and Gandalf for months, yet haven't got a peak at anything but we do get a peak at a secondary character orc and horses.

I think the likenesses of the orcs will be easier to meet than the likenesses of Aragorn. If they put out a few figures that sell well one figure being a miss won't sting as much. I think that is the safer route.

If they put out two figures and one got stuck with a base body that didn't live up to their expectations and the then the second release is a major character like Aragorn and he under performs that won't bode well for the longevity of the line.

If they release Gothmog, Skully (not sure his offical name) and then a black rider on steed before they release Aragorn that might help cusion the blow if Aragorn's sculpt doesn't live up to everyone's hopes. hopefully Gothmog will start to ship in a few months and maybe we will get another pre-order up by the end of the year.

I'm perfectly happy buying wraiths and orcs for now, they complement Sideshow-s figures quite nicely.
If you don't own Sideshow's figures it does change everything, though.

Eagerly waiting to se them cut their teeth on Aragorn and gandalf, so they can go all out and really NAIL Merry, Pippin, and Gimli.

1472018_10151717718446968_1353452504_n.jpg

Mouth of Sauron.

I now have something else to give thanks for on this day.

That's looking like Gandy the White, given how short the beard must be in that picture.

Yay!

I don't care about the rest, any of em, but if they make a MOS on Steed I'm all over that like white on rice!!!

That Gandalf head is their first human portait and I'm so glad that it looks really promising! :yess:

Interesting that so far we have only seen characters from RotK. Could it be a license restriction or just coincidence? Anyway, really happy about the news!

Horses are a great thing. Clean ones for Theoden, Eomer, Gandalf, Aragorn and sick ones full of sores for Ringwraiths and Mouth of Sauron! Bring it on!

Their Facebook page says they're gonna use a modified KP-01 body for their upcoming releases. More articulation on the arms and tighter joints...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back