Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Details are on Asmus’ site now. $350 USD

ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDLAF THE GREY

(Product ID: CRW001)

The Crown series Gandalf the Grey Sixth Scale Figure features:

· Asmus ADAM body

· Approximately 30 cm tall

· Over 36 points of articulation

Features :

· Super detailed head sculpt accurately to the movie actor, with hand glued real wool beard and hair.

· Rotatable eyeballs

· One pair palm opened aged man hand

· One pair relax gesture aged man hand

· One pair of weapon holding gesture aged man hand

· One finger pointing gesture aged man left hand

· One reading gesture aged man left hand

Special features on Clothing:

· One handmade fabric made wizard hat

· One dark grey robe

· One dark grey cape

· One soil grey inner shirt

· One pair of dark blue pants

.One blue leather belt with pattern printing

· One pair of handmade fabric boots

Special features in weapons:

· Glamdring (with elvish printing)

· Two wizard staff

. One Gandalf’s pipe

Accessories:

· One Asmus Toys Crown series display base with Hobbiton diorama

Special features:

. The diary of Moria

Sounds good.

Asmus, I think you need to change the title of this thread to "Crown Series: Gandalf the Grey"

Just click the thread title and it will allow you to change it as the OP.

What's Asmus' track record and quality like compared to Hot Toys for example ? I've never bought one of their figures. However this one does appeal. Such a classic character with rooted hair, well sort of (for want of a better word)

Looks pretty damn good in that proto. But then protos are always protos and not production. I wonder how long they worked on that beard hair to make it look that good ?

I wish there were a few more pictures than just the one.....

https://store.asmustoys.com/product-Gandalf-the-Grey-CRW001.htm

Original looks pretty average for a "high end" figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkgIPXydfTk

Promo02.jpg

The diorama piece definitely won’t be his carriage- price would go even more through the roof. The only feasible/recognisable enough option in my mind is the gate to Bilbo’s house with the ‘no admittance except on party business’ sign. Anything else would just be an indistinguishable grassy patch- unless they go the Hot Toys route and provide a cardboard backdrop of Bilbos door?

I am eager to pre-order, but want to order stateside if possible; not because I don't want to give Asmus direct payment but because I want to have a mint box. I suspect that these will have very nice, DX styled packages, and 2 of the 3 boxes I've ordered from Asmus have come damaged because the shipper didn't protect them.

The diorama piece definitely won’t be his carriage- price would go even more through the roof. The only feasible/recognisable enough option in my mind is the gate to Bilbo’s house with the ‘no admittance except on party business’ sign. Anything else would just be an indistinguishable grassy patch- unless they go the Hot Toys route and provide a cardboard backdrop of Bilbos door?

I'd guess you are probably right with the gate, but I'd really love it to be the Door like this.

Much like they did with the door diorama for the Hateful Eight set. Bit that might be asking too much.

But I'd still love it. I'd buy it stand alone for my Bilbo even.Screenshot_20190625-010727_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am eager to pre-order, but want to order stateside if possible; not because I don't want to give Asmus direct payment but because I want to have a mint box. I suspect that these will have very nice, DX styled packages, and 2 of the 3 boxes I've ordered from Asmus have come damaged because the shipper didn't protect them.

Yikes! Asmus, please pack these well! I collect the boxes as well. I am sure the Crown line will have really nice boxes so please get your shipper to pack them well!!!!!

Well, you can consider a few things when you order from asmus:

1- you're going to get the figure earlier than the rest of the distributors.
2- free shipping
3- I used to be like you, with being very concerned with the box needing to be mint. It took a while, but I realized that the contents are more important. Of course if you're planning on selling the figure someday, I can see why a mint box would be important.

Yikes! Asmus, please pack these well! I collect the boxes as well. I am sure the Crown line will have really nice boxes so please get your shipper to pack them well!!!!!

Yeah I'm picturing the boxes to be akin to the DX Sparrow box. Maybe something that looks like a book.

I’ve not had any issue with damaged boxes from Asmus, they normally come very well packed.

I've only ever received them shipped in fairly thin shipper sleeves. Thinner than HT uses.

Well, you can consider a few things when you order from asmus:

1- you're going to get the figure earlier than the rest of the distributors.
2- free shipping
3- I used to be like you, with being very concerned with the box needing to be mint. It took a while, but I realized that the contents are more important. Of course if you're planning on selling the figure someday, I can see why a mint box would be important.

I display select boxes on top of my detolfs. So a box with a crushed corner, one that we're theorizing to be rather elegant, would be a buzzkill. Plenty of work goes into the art and design of the boxes and packaging, I feel it is important to admire and display that as well. It is part of the complete package.

My OG Gandalf box looked like someone sat on it, my Thorin box is crushed on the corner, and my Gimli box was bent at the midline. The only 100% safe figure to date has been Bilbo. That tells me the shippers aren't up to snuff.

I’ve only ordered directly from Asmus once, and it came in pristine condition. I did pay for faster shipping, though, and had it delivered to a Fed-ex pick-up location.

Back