Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the hat/eyes get a fix in the next batch that gets produced.

I still think it?s a great release nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the hat/eyes get a fix in the next batch that gets produced.

I still think it?s a great release nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there going to be a next batch? I thought since it is sold out Asmus wouldn't produce it anymore, apart from the few pieces left for the next Q3-Q4.

Is there going to be a next batch? I thought since it is sold out Asmus wouldn't produce it anymore, apart from the few pieces left for the next Q3-Q4.

When I emailed them, they said ?Crown Series - Gandalf the Grey (CRW001) is expected to be released partially this month.
We will contact you once your is ready.?

I?m assuming they didn?t produce every single Gandalf that was pre-ordered already. Who knows though.

I wonder when BBTS will get this? I have it ordered through them. To be honest I have lost a lot of enthusiasm I had for this because they totally screwed up the hat. The hat is a very important part of the character and it really harms this release:(

I wonder when BBTS will get this? I have it ordered through them. To be honest I have lost a lot of enthusiasm I had for this because they totally screwed up the hat. The hat is a very important part of the character and it really harms this release:(

Yeah I ordered through them last year because Asmus was sold out the first time so I hope BBTS gets their initial shipment soon.

I believe if they change anything on him they will open themselves up to a massive **** storm.
It's too far along in the production to make any sort of changes to the sculpt/eyes.

Hat could possibly be swapped out or something easy like that, but expecting a overhaul on a sculpt that the molds are done and casts are likely sitting to be haired is a pipe dream.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have yet to see anybody try removing the panel on the hat and putting aluminum foil into it so it can not only be shaped properly but sit better. That's what I'm planning on doing.

I believe if they change anything on him they will open themselves up to a massive **** storm.

No doubt. They would have to plan on replacing all of them. But that's on them. I don't know how this hat could possibly have been approved as it is. This a $350 premium figure. Asmus themselves say it's premium and priced it accordingly. To botch such an important part of this character's costume is not acceptable.

It's too far along in the production to make any sort of changes to the sculpt/eyes.

Hat could possibly be swapped out or something easy like that, but expecting a overhaul on a sculpt that the molds are done and casts are likely sitting to be haired is a pipe dream.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gandalf: Maybe a fool's hope

Yeah it's hard to imagine they really thought collectors would be happy with the hat working the way it does.

I don?t know personally I think it was a neat and clever idea but somewhere it failed in production/execution. I wonder if the prototype of the hat worked better and it was an issue in mass production.

I don?t know personally I think it was a neat and clever idea but somewhere it failed in production/execution. I wonder if the prototype of the hat worked better and it was an issue in mass production.

Have you ever tried to wear a hat that sat flat directly on top of your head?

I know, it rhymes.

I have yet to see anybody try removing the panel on the hat and putting aluminum foil into it so it can not only be shaped properly but sit better. That's what I'm planning on doing.

I did it. I posted earlier that the flap under the hat pulled right off, it was like a crappy fabric glue holding it in. Doing this Improved the hat but it’s still big and a bit off.

So as said before, I heard back from Asmus and my order is held up as shipping to the UK is currently suspended.

I asked about a DHL Top Up (recently done this with day1 collectibles for $25 extra) but Asmus quoted $160!!:horror So needless to say I will be waiting for shipping to resume :rotfl

Back