Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once they engineer an Uruk base body there are LOTS of options from there! This is exciting!

(I would also 100% buy a Helm's Deep Aragorn with zero complaints about double-dipping.)

Asmus Please Please
Give us an Option to buy Sculpted beard and hair for Gimli.
Some of us collectors Hate rooted and Barbie looking figures, Please.
Gimli would look Awsome in Sculpted Beard.

Asmus Please Please
Give us an Option to buy Sculpted beard and hair for Gimli.
Some of us collectors Hate rooted and Barbie looking figures, Please.
Gimli would look Awsome in Sculpted Beard.

Yes please give us both headsculpts. I see the pluses and minuses of both and so far I have both the rooted and sculpted versions from Asmus and I like the idea of having a fellowship either all sculpted or all rooted.

Lol
That's a really odd and narrow-minded view of rooted hair. Rooted doesn't make a figure "Barbie looking".

I know, right. So many people on these forums will get a figure with sculpted hair, then spend hours grinding it off and adding real hair (generally to rave reviews about how much better and realistic it looks), but others can’t take a few minutes to futz a figure that already comes with it...? Christ, I just spent the better part of an hour and a half trying to put 12 miniature belts into miniature belt buckles, I’m pretty sure I can take a few minutes to mess with the occasional unruly doll hair. I think the arguments against rooted comes more from male insecurities rather than anything else. I say, Let your balls drop and tell your friends that are making fun of you to go f$&k themselves. Embrace the fact that non-collectors are going to think your a dork, nerd, or loser for collecting dolls in the first place (rooted hair or not).

The guys from Coomodel can pull it off. I'm sure you can do it too Asmus

a738ad44a38da9077f05f7b311e9ce4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, right. So many people on these forums will get a figure with sculpted hair, then spend hours grinding it off and adding real hair (generally to rave reviews about how much better and realistic it looks), but others can’t take a few minutes to futz a figure that already comes with it...? Christ, I just spent the better part of an hour and a half trying to put 12 miniature belts into miniature belt buckles, I’m pretty sure I can take a few minutes to mess with the occasional unruly doll hair. I think the arguments against rooted comes more from male insecurities rather than anything else. I say, Let your balls drop and tell your friends that are making fun of you to go f$&k themselves. Embrace the fact that non-collectors are going to think your a dork, nerd, or loser for collecting dolls in the first place (rooted hair or not).

Sorry but this post kind of insulted me a little. Honestly the reason I prefer sculpted is simply because I suck at futzing with the rooted hair and to my eyes good sculpted and painted hair looks more realistic to me. A lot of time with the rooted hair you get ugly seams at the forehead and because they are trying to get it to lay somewhat realistically you can end up seeing the scalp underneath because if they covered the entire scalp the hair would be too puffy because the hair is not 1/6 the thickness of our hair.

Just because I prefer sculpted to rooted has nothing to do with my masculinity or security it has everything to do with my personal display preferences. And like I have said before I have both their rooted and sculpted version of Aragorn and Boromir and both are proudly displayed but I think sculpted Boromir turned out better. The Aragorn’s are a harder descion for me but I think if better sculpted hair was put on the sculpt it would be my preference.

All that being said I will say the Winter Soldier Black Widow is about the best mass produced rooted figure I have seen in person and sculpted hair on her would have hurt the realism. So like I said earlier I see positives and negatives with both routes.

Lol
That's a really odd and narrow-minded view of rooted hair. Rooted doesn't make a figure "Barbie looking".

9 times out of 10 I agree. Rooted hair is awful. It’s not a narrow-minded point of view. It’s an opinion.

Boromir and Aragorn look awful with rooted hair. I wouldn’t say they are Barbie bad... maybe Tonner bad.

9 times out of 10 I agree. Rooted hair is awful. It’s not a narrow-minded point of view. It’s an opinion.

Opinion=Point of View

And referring to all rooted hair figures as "Barbie looking" is narrow-minded.
The great majority of dissenters are against rooted hair because they think it makes them "doll collectors" instead of "figure collectors". Like one is legitimate and the other is not lol.

I like rooted hair but I will be honest all the figures that I have bought with rooted hair I have had redone....not becouse I dislike it but I am picky lol....I like rooted hair becouse it is easier to pose I think....I look at the hot toys thor figures for example....you turn the head the hair looks un natural...so to me rooted hair is by far the better option with the majority of figures I get...currently re doing tauriel, legolas, and sarumon

Opinion=Point of View

And referring to all rooted hair figures as "Barbie looking" is narrow-minded.
The great majority of dissenters are against rooted hair because they think it makes them "doll collectors" instead of "figure collectors". Like one is legitimate and the other is not lol.

Really? POV= Opinion. I had nooooo idea. (note sarcasm)

My point was your call that it was "narrow minded" was judgemental and based solely on it's direct opposition to your own opinion (perhaps equally narrow minded?). Also the last polls that I recall seeing found the opinions of collectors nearly divided 50/50 on the subject.

Soooooo.... :dunno

All these pictures you guys are posting with Rooted beard looks like Crap.
You can hardly represent a 1/6th beard hair thread with synthetic hair that is Meant for 1:1scale,
The thickness is Wrong.
Those rooted hair figures that are Good are Custome made,after spending 100 hours of time with a Master hair stylist,
Everything else I have seen here looks like a Barbie, special Boromir and Gandalf, I have the Gandalf, and I hate his Rooted hair, but no choice here.
How can you have 4 hobbits with sculpted hair and then Mix and match Rooted, Unacceptable from my point of view. This is again my personal opinion.

At this point i'd take a Gimli with no beard. I just want to finish my Fellowship lol.

This sounds silly but I hope the hands are actual dwarf hands...in the movies they are very thick.

Back