Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this had been another $120 Art Figures release like their King, I may have bought it. I would have been a bit more forgiving on accuracy knowing that it was an unlicensed knock-off versus an almost $200 fully licensed figure that has no excuse not to be as accurate as possible from the sculpting to the paint and tailoring.

If this had been another $120 Art Figures release like their King, I may have bought it. I would have been a bit more forgiving on accuracy knowing that it was an unlicensed knock-off versus an almost $200 fully licensed figure that has no excuse not to be as accurate as possible from the sculpting to the paint and tailoring.

Sometimes changes was made because it just not look good enough in 1/6,
we didn't like it too, but if we don't, it will be both ugly and wrong.

I have a Art Figure the King too, the kind approach they make the outfit (printing, stickers ...etc)
are the easy and cheap way. Sometimes there are more things to look into than accuracy.

Sometimes changes was made because it just not look good enough in 1/6,
we didn't like it too, but if we don't, it will be both ugly and wrong.

I have a Art Figure the King too, the kind approach they make the outfit (printing, stickers ...etc)
are the easy and cheap way. Sometimes there are more things to look into than accuracy.

Thank you for realizing that the Art Figure way is NOT the way to go with these. I was VERY disappointed with The King and I don't even have him on display.

Yup. I have the Art Figure boxed away. I also found the costume on him to be way too fragile. I always felt like I was going to break something.

Here is a hands-on review https://action-figure-district.de/asmus-toys-lord-of-the-rings-gandalf-the-white/

Found some pictures asm-gandalf-scene6.jpg asm-gandalf-scene1.jpg asm-gandalf-scene2.jpg asm-gandalf-scene4.jpg asm-gandalf-scene8.jpg asm-gandalf-scene11.jpg asm-gandalf-scene15.jpg

source : https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/

Thanks a lot for posting the link. I feel much better about the head sculpt now. Looked so narrow in some of the other pics. I had my doubts about how this figure was going to look but I think it looks really good in these pics. Going to look even better in hand. Can't wait to get it.

Looks like he's step into an Indiana Jones movie.

Still looks like the mold got a bit squashed...

asm-gandalf-head2.jpg

But that said, it holds up very well next to the Sideshow Gandalf...

asm-gandalf-head3.jpg

There's so much detail under the vest, I wonder how he'd look without it. Puffing on his pipe.

asm-gandalf-costume7.jpg

The Asmus Collection so far...

asm-gandalf-family.jpg

Last edited:
I think this figure needs a lot of futzing and some water treatment.
The robes must hang correctly to make it really shine. Posing will be very important too, you obviously can't have it fighting with that expression.

Back